PDA

View Full Version : Strange clicking from under dash around glove box area.

VXNIT
02/22/2007, 01:35 PM
Any ideas on causation? It clicks like a relay when motor runs. I shut down AC and all other possibles but it continued til motor off, opened hood but could not detect anything there but under glove box was distinct. Thanks

CrazyCzech
02/22/2007, 01:50 PM
I know that the wiper delay relay is in there......not much else except the airbag. :confused:

etlsport
02/22/2007, 01:59 PM
i randomly have a tapping sound down there.. like 2 weeks ago it turned into a sound like an alien squealing in a movie when my AC was on.. then while driving w/ the heater(and AC) on over the weekend i got this sound that sounded like... BVBATTTTRRRRTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAZIING.. then the sound of something whizzing through the air for a second.. then everything was quiet and back to normal... im guessing it was somethin stuck in my AC

orion
02/22/2007, 02:53 PM
90% of under dash clicking is the blower motor. they make a lot of different sounds when they start to die, and it's really the only thing moving in the dash. to check shut off the fan and A/C and the noise should stop. my blower is dieing but only makes noise once or twice a week.

Ascinder
02/22/2007, 06:44 PM
I had a similar sound in my truck for awhile. I found out it was a wire that had become worn and was arcing to the frame. I'd take a real good look and try to track that puppy down.

VXNIT
02/24/2007, 08:30 AM
Determined cause of ticking. My cruise acc was turned and relay kept activating. Another stupid human trick. Not as bad as droppin the da-n lid off the Mobil 1 gear bottle into front differential however. I left it and it is nice and ground by now..