PDA

View Full Version : Why is my VX not as cool as a JEEP ?

coachreed
05/08/2003, 02:22 PM
Ok, I have an Ironman VX, and my buddy has a Jeep XJ.....
Anyways my vx is just NOT as cool as his Jeep. What can I do to change this ?
Why does mine look like a mini-van and his look rugged ? I don't get it. I have big tires and stuff, but it still isn't very cool compared to a JEEP. I wish I would have gotten a rubicon........
:confused:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just for the record, in case you don't read my later reply or replies, the post above was made by my friend with the "cool" jeep... trying to stir the pot... trying to have fun at my expense. I could have edited it or erased it all together (I think), but why? Its already been said, and I aint running and hiding. This could be fun? lol Please read all comments and replies before chastising (sp?) me... especially MY comments and replies! I LOVE my VX!

Coach

psychos2
05/08/2003, 02:29 PM
I don't think i would post that on this board ! they will bash you for sure ! shawn;eeko; ;eekg; ;eekp; ;eekr; ;eeky;

Reg Hinnant
05/08/2003, 02:30 PM
If you dont know.....mabe you SHOULD have got a Jeep!:confused:

ojmagg
05/08/2003, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah...we forgot to tell you...it's not the truck...

Its because you're a tool.Its because you're a tool.

AlaskaVX
05/08/2003, 02:50 PM
I put some Mickey thompsons on there and it looks pretty rugged. My buddy with a Jeep w/33's just loves my car in fact he wants one!

Take the VX offroading with your freinds Jeep and see what you think then. After that you can go race him on the street just to rub it in a little. ;)

As mentioned before you are really going to get bashed on this one! :)

Tonka
05/08/2003, 02:59 PM
Tisk, Tisk,
Is this a popularity contest or are you trying to fit in?
Both are cool vehicles, each one with different attributes. I owned a 2000 XJ only 6 months before trading it in for a VX. If i could, i would own both, but the VX is much more versatile.

Anita
05/08/2003, 03:20 PM
Oh boy.... you really said mini-van??

:flame: :

Dallas4u
05/08/2003, 03:25 PM
I'm assuming coachreed is just joking, or someone else has gotten ahold of his handle, right? This doesn't sound like something that would come from him/her.

VXD959
05/08/2003, 03:40 PM
Why even bother with this post...

I'm proud of my VX friends for handling this post in such a classy way. From time to time there is someone trying to "push our buttons", but we know better...VX rules!

Anita
05/08/2003, 03:49 PM
ooooooo.... just wait for the "others" to read it.

Coachreed, nothin wrong with liking the jeep.. you should check the gallery for pics of those who have added cool mods and start transforming your VX into what you will be satisfied with.

However, I'm sure you know some razzing will happen... ;Dr;

AnalogVX
05/08/2003, 04:17 PM
Sure, go ahead and get a Jeep. You have made a lot of friends here and I'm sure you would have no trouble finding a strap.
:D

coachreed
05/08/2003, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
I'm assuming coachreed is just joking, or someone else has gotten ahold of his handle, right? This doesn't sound like something that would come from him/her.

BINGO! I am certain I didn't log out of my account when on at work today... I would assume that Chris (my buddy with the "cool" jeep) has been busy having fun at my expense. Yeah, I could delete my post and erase the whole thing, but I find it MOST entertaining. Yeah, I love my VX... and DO like jeeps... but not enough to call my VX a mini-van... ANYONE here who has read any of my posts should know that. Heck, ask Inaba (Josh), he was out with a couple friends of mine and I and knows that I was the one who took the first chance with lots of stuff. I know my VX is VERY capable and I get compliments on it all the time... NO, I am not really concerned whether or not people like my ride. Chris is always making comments about the VX... razzing me about my decision because I was looking at getting a Rubicon before I decided on the VX... he still thinks that I should have gotten the Rubi... but for another $10K more, I'll take my VX anyway... actually... if price wasn't in the picture... I'd still take my VX... Its more versatile IMO and since I am a gadgeteer (A/V systems), I am happy to know that I can deck my ride out with the DVD players and TV's and not worry about it all getting ganked in two seconds. I also drive lots of long trips, so I am happy that I won't be deaf from the flapping soft top after 20 hours in the car at a time. I look forward to seeing the other replies to this thread. Hey, even if he hadn't done it, it was funny to see how people would reply to this kind of thread. No, you can't offend me by hacking on me for this type of stuff... SPAZZ knows that. I look forward to owning my VX for many years to come. See you guys on the board!

BTW, my friend Chris has broken down and complimented me on how stout the VX looks... but it took me getting rid of my street tires and replacing them with my Nitto Terra Grapplers to get him to change... oh, and the fact that I have proven my worthyness agains the Jeep... I'll try ANYTHING he tries... and am not afraid to be the pioneer.

Later!

Coach <--- not the actual originator of this thread!

Dallas4u
05/08/2003, 05:14 PM
That's what I thought... yo're pretty new, but from your other posts, I still had faith in you!

By the way, SPAZZ did rag on you a bit on this thread... I guess 'cause he knows you can handle it ;)

Green Dragon
05/08/2003, 05:19 PM
"For another 10k more I'll take my VX"

http://www.jasperjeep.com/jeep_rubicon.htm

I think not

coachreed
05/08/2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Green Dragon
"For another 10k more I'll take my VX"

http://www.jasperjeep.com/jeep_rubicon.htm

I think not

I'm not sure what your saying... what I am saying is that the NEW Rubicons here have EVERY option and sticker for around $29K... I paid $18K for my VX... I'll take my VX over the Rubicon ANYDAY! Sure, you get front and rear airlockers with the Rubi... and it may be kick ***, but I'll take my VX over it. Just my opinion.

TTYL!

Coach <--- innocent to this thread! lol

AndyC
05/08/2003, 06:12 PM
OK funny post, but I need to know what is so great about this Rubicon ? I've alway liked the Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD but they are just to common so that's way I stayed away from them. This Rubicon looks to be a retro Renegade/CJ ? Something special under the hood? I kept my Amigo to get the open air feeling so I have the best of both worlds. If all goes well my VX will see that 120K warranty end.

Andy

Medic
05/08/2003, 06:34 PM
Having owned and loved a CJ-5, 2 different YJ's, a Grand Cherokee, a CJ-7 and now a VX, I feel I can add something here. I've loved them all, and they each had their own strengths, weaknesses and unique personality. I traded in my '97 Grand Cherokee that I modified and wheeled pretty hard for my VX. I was worried about getting a VX, being a dyed in the wool "Jeeper", but I haven't regreted my decision for one minute. I was going to get a 2000 Grand Cherokee, but after I picked up my VX, I noticed 1000's of Grand's on the road, and not a single VX. I dig the crap out of that.
I still have my CJ-7, which I use to play around with and wheel hard on the weekends, and my VX is for the street. I don't doubt the VX's capabilities, it's simply my choice to keep it on the street. I applaud those that wheel theirs.
Now, all of my Jeep friends think the VX is cool as hell. It's all about being open minded. But anybody who calls my VX a mini-van will have to pay. Sorry for rambling, just wanted to add my $.02 worth.

coachreed
05/08/2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by AndyC
OK funny post, but I need to know what is so great about this Rubicon ? I've alway liked the Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD but they are just to common so that's way I stayed away from them. This Rubicon looks to be a retro Renegade/CJ ? Something special under the hood?

Well, with the Rubicon, you get the baddest Jeep ever made from the factory. It has front and rear Dana 44's with 4:11 AND air lockers along with a transfer case with low 4:1 or something low range... the think will CRAWL. It comes with 31" MT/R's and is pretty much the first Jeep to come from the factory READY to take on the Rubicon Trail. Anyway, theirs no argueing that its one tough cookie, but for the most part, it still LOOKS like a regular old Wrangler. I wanted somtehing different.,, and thats JUST what I got.

Originally posted by Medic
But anybody who calls my VX a mini-van will have to pay.

Well, I think I have expressed my expressed my feeling about my VX to my friend, and I think he just does it to give me crap... I don't pay much attention to it... I have had two YJ's, one TJ and one Grand Cherokee... loved them all, but I agree... I love my VX. they all have their place. I have a need for a long distance driver and my VX is much more confortable than any of my Wranglers, and the Grand Cherokee... well, I was afraid I'l scratch it... not that I like scratching my VX, but the GC seemed like a luxury SUV... not really meant for the great outdoors. Just my opinion.

Later!

Coach <--- still defending himself from the statement he DIDN'T MAKE. ;eekb;

Tone
05/08/2003, 06:59 PM
But can you run a Rubicon on the track?

BumbleV-X
05/08/2003, 06:59 PM
Some of our closest friends drive Jeeps. We've been 4wheeling with just about everything. Moab.... been there, Rubicon..... done it. There is very little Jeeps have to offer that VX's can't have. Our truck has a front ARB air locker. We have a hidden winch. Swaybar disconnects... we have them. Rock crawl bars.... check. Big offroad tires...33" PJ Dirt Gripz work just fine. Lower gears.... yep got them too. Oh and the most important thing.... respect from Jeepers when you climb that hill THEY couldn't do..... :) oh yeah, have that too. ;Dp;

The Jeep Rubicon is nice, and REAL expensive. My question would be to why would anyone buy something like that when you can take a cheaper one and add all the stuff to it for less. Lets be serious... if your going to pay that much who's going to take it out 4wheeling?

Wait, nevermind... we bought our for $30,000., and it's 4wheeled, and it has major mods.

shutting up now :mbrasd:

coachreed
05/08/2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Tone
But can you run a Rubicon on the track?

Good point!

BumbleV-X
You got lots of the stuff that I will eventually have... I jut haven't had a chance to acquire the mods... YET! Sounds like we are on the same page... btw, I have NEVER been worried about taking my expensive toys offroad... thats whta I buy four wheel drive for!

I can't wait for Chris to come back online and read what he started. LMAO!

Coach <--- having fun with this thread! ;Db;

Beavertractors
05/08/2003, 07:58 PM
:cool: I have a 97 tj and my VX..The tj had(every option at the time) I paid 21 Gs' ( One of the first in NE with 6-auto-30" tires-hard top-soft top-air-abs-ect...It has 108000 miles but still mint..My VX cost about the same,Has much more options and a much better warranty , ;) There are days I have driven both cars 50-100 miles each..The VX is much more better..I have driven both in snow storms, the Vx is much better..Every place I stop with the VX people ask me what is that?:D Cool I do not off road with either one ( I off road too much at work )Rubicon? you should see some of constrution sites I take my work truck into..:D Just joking I live in the Burbs no trails here.....I have had at least 6-7 other 4 wheell drive suv-pickups and I like the VX better than all of them:D Tony B

DirtyKCMoXJ
05/08/2003, 08:45 PM
Wow, what DID I start ? This is toooooo funny.
Randy, love ya man !!! But, you gave me opportunity and motive, so I had to. The VX has gained Mucho respect from me as far as its capabilities are concerned, and I have always liked the styling.
But I love making fun of it for one reason........ YOU drive one !!!
Nothing against the VX, or you.... Just a little ***** stirring to get you worked up. I can not believe how many replies this has gotten so far.
I just had to join this board to put in my $0.02.

Inaba....... Wheeling with you last weekend was great, I look froward to our Tuttle Creek ORV trip sometime this summer, and hope you and your JEEP friend can make it !
Thanks for bringing the camera by the way. I am happy to have visual confirmation of some of the silly things we did.

As for the rest of you NON-Jeep driving people here;
Much love, much respect......... we are all the same, just different machines to get us there. I hope to lend you the strap one day

Or Vise-Versa.;Dp;
Peas
Chris

AnalogVX
05/08/2003, 09:48 PM
All in fun... Hope to see all of you on a trail sometime! :D

BumbleV-X
05/08/2003, 10:38 PM
I don't WANT to understand :)

Zu4two
05/08/2003, 10:52 PM
Can someone show me how to open the sliding rear door?

coachreed
05/09/2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Zu4two
Can someone show me how to open the sliding rear door?

Damn... there's a sliding rear door?! Why didn't someone tell me! I tried to get into the back seat of my VX (just to see if I could) and DAMN... I couldn't get in there! lol Rear sliding door would be helpful to larger people... then again... it AINT a mini-van! ;pb; ;Db;

Coach <--- just having fun!

coachreed
05/09/2003, 05:26 AM
DirtyKCMoXJ <--- my friend with the cool Jeep!

Good to see you posted. Yeah, you definitely started something, but its obvious that everyone can take a joke... It all in the name of fun. If I don't take offense in it (being the one directly attacked) I imagine everyone else should be aight with it all. ;pb; See ya in the dirt... oh, and at work too. Later!

Coach... aka Randy!

DirtyKCMoXJ
05/09/2003, 06:08 AM
At least I said Mini-van and not Pontiac Aztec !!!

;eekg;

;Db; ;Do; ;Dp; ;Dy;

coachreed
05/09/2003, 06:17 AM
OK, my buddy got it started at another site... he linked to this thread... well, heres the link to the thread that is linked to this thread that is... oh, wait, I'm confused. Check it out... someoe said Pontica Asstek... oh wait... Aztek.

Click here

Coach <--- letting the pot continue to be stired... just having fun!

nocturnalVX
05/09/2003, 06:18 AM
I've gotten some very cool gear from Adventure 4WD (formerly "Let's Go Jeepin") and have joked around with hardcore Jeepers about the "It's a Jeep thing...", but it's just good-natured kidding. The best was my first trip to Indiana's Badlands. Waiting for the park to open, I was in line between 2 serious Jeeps (lifts, Chevy V8s, etc.) and they couldn't believe I was going in with the VX. I told them it handled Moab just fine, and one of the guys says "Moab?!? I haven't even been out there yet!" Yup... the VX ROCKS!

DirtyKCMoXJ
05/09/2003, 06:21 AM
I think the KIA has hit the fan.

Anita
05/09/2003, 08:15 AM
Chris,

See you at Walmart!

:naughty:

WormGod
05/09/2003, 09:52 AM
Your "friend" did this, using your namesake and talking all that smack? Is it safe to assume you are no longer friends? I know that if one of my pals did that, I would have some words. :argue:

But then again, I dont have ANY friends with Jeeps.... that are MALE. ;)

BAM! AND HE HITS ONE OUT OF THE PARK! HOMERUN!!!!!

:clap:

DirtyKCMoXJ
05/09/2003, 11:09 AM
Wow...... you guys are really letting me have it here.
I guess I have to have a thick skin to go through this stuff....... I started it all, so I have to take it......

But walmart ? Come on now !!! That was a little below the belt !

LOL
:cool:

ojmagg
05/09/2003, 11:25 AM
Can we just ban these guys from this site...they don't contirbute anything...except for their need for constant atttention. Go find a hobby...

(In my best kindergarden voice) We all know coachreed and his buddy(s) are special people who need extra attention...

please join me in never addressing these fools again.

WormGod
05/09/2003, 11:50 AM
Well, it was all done in good fun, but all things should come to an end sooner or later. I dont think any banning is in store, but perhaps a thread lock. It is a little confusing for those who dont read the ENTIRE thread before posting.

Just my .04 cents since I was quick to respond too. ;Dy;

TimG
05/09/2003, 12:02 PM
I found this thread pretty amusing. Thanks for the laughs guys.

AlaskaVX
05/09/2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ojmagg
Oh yeah...we forgot to tell you...it's not the truck...

Its because you're a tool.Its because you're a tool.

Hey OJMAGG what about this fool he didn't contribute anything either? ;)
I enjoyed this thread if ya don't like it STOP READING.

I actually forwarded this thread to my buddy with a JEEP so he can get a laugh.

coachreed
05/09/2003, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by ojmagg
Can we just ban these guys from this site...they don't contirbute anything...except for their need for constant atttention. Go find a hobby...

(In my best kindergarden voice) We all know coachreed and his buddy(s) are special people who need extra attention...

please join me in never addressing these fools again.

Seems that there is ONE person here who can't take a joke... if you (ojmagg) think I have nothing to contribute, other than stupid crap, you haven't taken the time to read ANY of my post or threads. Get over it man... its all in good fun. Like someone else said, if you don't like it, don't read it... if someone wants to lock the thread, thats kewl too. It won't hurt my feelings. I'll chat with you later.

Coach... aka Randy!

StormTROOPER
05/09/2003, 05:30 PM
A JEEP...COOL ? :p Only if you think the little truck that delivers your MAIL is cool.;) :D

coachreed
05/09/2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Cali4niaVXer
A JEEP...COOL ? :p Only if you think the little truck that delivers your MAIL is cool.;) :D

LMAO! BTW, I love your sig! Don't EVER call it CUTE! I love it!

TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy!

coachreed
05/09/2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by WormGod
Your "friend" did this, using your namesake and talking all that smack? Is it safe to assume you are no longer friends? I know that if one of my pals did that, I would have some words. :argue:

But then again, I dont have ANY friends with Jeeps.... that are MALE. ;)

BAM! AND HE HITS ONE OUT OF THE PARK! HOMERUN!!!!!

:clap:

No, its not safe to assume we are no longer friends. Chris is alright... he just likes to razz me about stuff... doesn't matter what I have or do, he's gonna razz me about it. Actually, I had him straight up admit today that he thought the VX was cool as hell, but he STILL needed to give me crap about it. Thats ok anyway... he's the one driving the station wagon! DOH! Did I say that? Whoops! Thats probably gonna have reprocussions. ;Db; ;pb;

TTYL!

Coach <--- still stirring the pot, refusing to let it die! ;Db;

Daver
05/12/2003, 10:01 AM
eh. My friend with a 4Runner disses my VX all the time, and I diss his Toyota all the time. It's all in good fun, though. Not serious or personal.

-Daver

Navigator
05/12/2003, 11:14 AM
LOL...That topic made me do a double take :D Knew it had to be a joke...LOL :cool:

coachreed
05/18/2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Daver
eh. My friend with a 4Runner disses my VX all the time, and I diss his Toyota all the time. It's all in good fun, though. Not serious or personal.

-Daver

Sounds like my friends and I... all in good fun. All in all, I know EVEN my Jeep friend really likes the VX... he'll admit it to me, but don't know that he'd do it publically... just because later it becomes less effective to hack.

Originally posted by Navigator
LOL...That topic made me do a double take :D Knew it had to be a joke...LOL :cool:

At least SOMEONE realized it was a joke from the get-go.

TTYL!

Coach... aka Randy! <-- Never serious!

climbcovey
05/21/2007, 10:40 PM
After following this thread, I'm really suprised no one has pointed out that "jeep" has become just another 4 wheel drive grocery getter, they now come in all different styles: soft top, hard top (with and without the sunroof), 4 door, extended cab, soft doors, solid doors, street, off road version, 2wd, 4wd, 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder, 8 cylinder,.......... ok you get the point. Kinda like a womans purse, or maybe her shoes.... easy to accessorize and everyone has one... Give me something original anyday! But, maybe i'll buy a jeep for a second vehicle, andgo to the grocery with brittanny spears ( or whatever teen pop idle is currently popular) blaring on the radio... Then I will fit in with the rest of the CONES! Better yet, my wife can drive it!.....................Sorry, got a little carried away there! but then again so did GM.....

Knigh7s
05/21/2007, 11:27 PM
WOW! Almost 4 years to the day! hehe, but you do make a good point!

WormGod
05/22/2007, 07:24 AM
http://www.abc.net.au/beasts/evidence/prog1/images/evi_fossil1_large.jpg

A blast from the past, hahaha.

True enough though. But you have to think about it.... some guys put $12-15k into their Jeep and they are damn righteous looking. Although, not very economical, especially in my area. I see lifted, swamper Jeeps all over the place here. Pretty impressive if all they are looking to do is hop potholes and catch glimpses from their height into the car windows of women wearing skirts. :p

You have to admit though.... you put a lady with some great looking legs and some tiny shorts into a doorless Jeep and you can easily create a traffic jam. ;)

Dare2Dream
05/22/2007, 06:18 PM
This is the funniest thread ever :)

blacksambo
05/22/2007, 07:50 PM
Hey, what's all this competition stuff? Each vehicle has its own merits. That's why they made chocolate and vanilla. Everybody's got their interests. The VX was designed for dessert rally racing, the jeep for battle, originally and more recently for all sorts of different driving conditions. I think the main VX difference is that it's highly versitile. Climb the rocks one day, go to a black tie affair the next... off road capabilty with genuine-design "style". You choose...what suits your taste.

etlsport
05/23/2007, 05:50 AM
Hey, what's all this competition stuff? Each vehicle has its own merits. That's why they made chocolate and vanilla. Everybody's got their interests. The VX was designed for dessert rally racing, the jeep for battle, originally and more recently for all sorts of different driving conditions. I think the main VX difference is that it's highly versitile. Climb the rocks one day, go to a black tie affair the next... off road capabilty with genuine-design "style". You choose...what suits your taste.

versatile indeed... photos from my last show..

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/show_009.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/show_009.jpg)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/show_006.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/show_006.jpg)

ZEUS
05/23/2007, 06:52 AM
Why is my VX not as cool as MY Jeep?

360 V8, ARB's, solid axles, 6.32 1st gear, 35" mudders, roll cage, baja seats, 20" ground clearance at the t-case, simplicity, and it was built by me! :cool:

Why is my Jeep not as cool as my VX?

It doesn't run yet cuz I am not finished! And other various reasons this group already knows... :p

CrnCnn
05/23/2007, 09:05 AM
I got groceries in my wifes jeep last night. cushy seats and ride makes a nice grocery getter.

blacksambo
05/23/2007, 08:31 PM
versatile indeed... photos from my last show..

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/show_009.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/show_009.jpg)
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/show_006.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/show_006.jpg)

Love the make-up job. A very creative presentation. Congratualtions! I know the vx CAN BE DOCTOR Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. You truly understand this cross-over vehicle....Hey? Isn't that what all the manufacturers are boasting about these days? "Cross-over!!! Oh? Isn't that 10 years after the first VX was unveiled?

dynofan
05/25/2007, 08:39 AM
T thought I smelled a fox in the hen house! Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder; and there is no question how a true VX owner feels. I had a stupid driver hit me the other day because she was in a hurry. Fortunately, a fast drill polisher and some scratch remover took care of the cladding. A coat of 'ice' finished it off royally. Hope the lady enjoys her foot long dent!!!