PDA

View Full Version : nice job Whaleboy

rowhard
02/18/2007, 12:27 PM
Whaleboy, since your on line, how is that HID conversion holding up? Just read the thread, very nice job, well done and your right, I would not want to try it, but I might consider paying someone (you) to do it.

Whaleboy
03/26/2007, 09:31 PM
Wow, did I ever miss this thread. I had the hid projectors in there for several months and they were wonderful. They were mounted in an extra pair of VX headlight assemblies I had bought (so I still had my halogen backups, just in case).

I had taken the HID assemblies out temporarily in order to replace them with another model of hid projector now that of which I can't even remember it's been so long.. But never got around to it. Right now the halogen pair assemblies are what is mounted, as I never got around to putting them back after I moved.

I still have the HID assemblies with the projectors, but probably gonna remount them this summer and just call it done. I've switched hobbies since then. :)

I would love to help do them for you, but to be honest I don't think I can handle going thru that again. Mounting and properly getting them aligned AND sealed was a HUGE HUGE HUGE pain in the ***.

If you end up doing this yourself, PLEASE don't use PVC for fabrication no matter how tempting it might be, it's very dangerous. I had gotten half way done with the left side and read about the dangers and had to redo it.