PDA

View Full Version : Stock Keyless Security System Help

k4tmc
02/18/2007, 10:47 AM
I got a working stock remote control unit from a forum member. I need help in getting it to work with my VX.

First, the red light on the remote unit works when the buttons are pressed.

The red LED (status indicator) on the dash does nothing. How can I determine if my VX's system is operational? Should the status indicator do anything when the vehicle is started (like some of the other features (ABS, etc.)?

Is there a fuse for the circuit somewhere? It is not shown in the owners manual or the Keyless Vehicle Security System manual.

Are there instructions for all of this in the service manual on Tone's CD?

Henry

rowhard
02/18/2007, 11:04 AM
look in 'downloads, manuals' there is a manual there for the remote. Don't know if it helps since I have a aftermarket alarm system.

k4tmc
02/18/2007, 11:16 AM
Rowhard,

Thanks, but I already have that manual. It only helps when your remote and vehicle are talking to each other. My problem is a lack of communications between the two. Do I need to schedule a session with Dr. Phil? ;)

Henry

etlsport
02/18/2007, 11:27 AM
more info on what youre doing/your vx isnt doing would be helpful, if you have already programmed the remote for your VX, when you press the lock/unlock button (top) on the remote with all the doors closed, your vx should beep once (assuming at least one door is unlocked and they are both closed) then the red light on the dash should stay on full for couple seconds, then begin to flash, you could loook up under the dash on the drivers side for any connectors that dont seem to be connected, shouldnt be any loose connectors under there

k4tmc
02/18/2007, 11:58 AM
Eltsport,

Thanks for the response.

When I press the remote lock/unlock button nothing happens with the VX. This is the situation with doors open, doors closed, or doors locked. The dash LED does nothing also.

Now I have to assume that there is some way to program the remote to my specific VX. Otherwise, anyone with a VX remote could unlock/lock anyone's VX. That would make for an interesting scenario at a large VX meet. ;)

So, first, I need to make sure my VX's remote circuit is OK. Thus the question about a fuse. The dash LED has never operated in normal key usage. Is this normal? If there is a wire loose, then it has been that way since I acquired the VX in October.

In other vehicles (non VX's) I have driven, you always get some flashing of the security system LED. Thus my concern as to whether my circuit is active.

Henry

etlsport
02/18/2007, 12:12 PM
henry,

there is a way to program it to your specific VX.. heres how...

seperate key from FOB (youll need key in ignition and to be able to press the button from under the dash)

turn the key to the "ON" position, go under dash on drivers side, the unit is a black box most of the way to the left under the dash (towards the drivers side door, on that box theres a tiny green button on the bottom of it, press the green button with a pen or something.. while you hold the green button down, press the lock/unlock button on your fob repeatedly until your vx responds (should be a chirp), release the green button and youre done, take the key out, step outside and enjoy being able to lock and unlock your doors from 5 ft away... if you want more range check this thread http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=8

k4tmc
02/18/2007, 04:08 PM
Etlsport (spelled right this time!),

THANK YOU! That worked!

At first I was not sure. :confused: After following your instructions, I got a long chirp (15 secs) from the VX, and still no lock/unlock with the remote. The manual does not talk about a long chirp. I then got inside the VX and tried some of the instructions in the owners security manual. Still, no success. :mad: So, as I got out and closed the door, and prepared to come back to the computer to whine some more, I pressed the remote again and everything worked. :)

So...I am happy. And the next time I am in Phily, I will buy you a drink of your choice at a fine establishment. :)

Also, thanks for the link to the item about extending the range.

Henry

etlsport
02/18/2007, 04:27 PM
glad to hear you got it working..

yea i forgot to mention.. you get that long 10 sec chirp if a door isnt all the way shut and you try to activate the alarm, closing the offending door will shut it up then you can lock it with the remote after that