PDA

View Full Version : differentials

etlsport
02/16/2007, 08:08 AM
got some free time this weekend.. so naturally ill be playing with the VX.. on the agenda is oil change and front and rear differential fluid changes to mobil1

for the differentials...

what ive gathered so far is that i should use 75w90 and add 1 bottle of LSD additive to the rear only?

how do i know how much to put back in? do i just keep putting fluid in until it starts to come out of the fill hole?

i was lookin at the photos joe black has in his gallery (thanks, they help a lot!) and it looks like the bolt removed to drain the front diff isnt all the way at the bottom.. will i need to siphon out the stuff left at the bottom?

any other hints would be appreciated.. this seems too easy so its makin me a tad nervous..

CrnCnn
02/16/2007, 08:16 AM
got some free time this weekend.. so naturally ill be playing with the VX.. on the agenda is oil change and front and rear differential fluid changes to mobil1

for the differentials...

what ive gathered so far is that i should use 75w90 and add 1 bottle of LSD additive to the rear only?

how do i know how much to put back in? do i just keep putting fluid in until it starts to come out of the fill hole?

i was lookin at the photos joe black has in his gallery (thanks, they help a lot!) and it looks like the bolt removed to drain the front diff isnt all the way at the bottom.. will i need to siphon out the stuff left at the bottom?

any other hints would be appreciated.. this seems too easy so its makin me a tad nervous..

Not too sure about the rest, but yeah fill until the fluid is right at the bottom of the fill hole.

ZEUS
02/16/2007, 09:09 AM
I jacked up one side of my VX to get the drain hole a little lower and let it drip for a while. It is a very easy process.