PDA

View Full Version : Stock Radio

shoota77
02/14/2007, 10:46 AM
Anyone know where I can get a stock radio and speakers? Were they the same as in Trooper or Rodeo? Thanks!

vxDAKINECHICvx
02/14/2007, 11:22 AM
I have the stock radio that I would let go, but no speakers...sorry.

etlsport
02/14/2007, 12:29 PM
ive got my entire stock setup if you want it, all 4 speakers tape deck and cd changer in good working order

Jason
02/14/2007, 08:38 PM
etlsport,

Since you have your system out and can look at it easy, can you describe the audio input running from the CD changer to the head unit? Can you easily identify the audio only lines? I'd like to run a switch in between the CD changer and the head unit, allowing me to input my MP3 player through the CD input. The switch will allow me to choose the CD or MP3. Is it easy to identify the audio lines?

nocturnalVX
02/15/2007, 11:27 AM
I also have the stock AM/FM/Cassette deck & speakers... the CD player (replaced 4 times under warranty & the reason I went to an Alpine setup) is gone. Let me know if you want the stuff.

etlsport
02/15/2007, 11:52 AM
jason, ill snap a couple close up photos of the connections into each unit tonight when i get home and post em

shoota77
02/15/2007, 12:47 PM
dakine, noc, and etl...thanks very much for the offers. I know mine are somewhere in my house up in Anchorage but I can't quite reach them from down here in miami. I'm having a friend look for them today but if he cannot find them i'll take you up. thanks a bunch!

mdwyer
02/15/2007, 07:36 PM
I can't make a guess at the pinouts of the changer without hacking into it, I suspect. That said, I thought I saw something on this site about a company that sells a little in-line adaptor for doing just what you describe.

I could be on crack, though. Try searching for ipod.

In any case, my stock stereo is sitting on my kitchen table right now. There's a picture of the cable here: here (http://www.timestreamtech.com/purikura/main.php/v/mdwyer/MyNewToy/100_0710.JPG.html). Let me know if you want something more specific.

Jason
02/15/2007, 08:49 PM
Thanks a bunch. While not good or easy news, that told me exactly what I needed to know.