PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with TOD Please.

CoastieCosta567
02/14/2007, 09:48 AM
Hi all I'm new to this site and new to my VX, i always wanted 1 and finally i Got one two months ago. This is my 3rd Isuzu and I have never had a 4wd vehicale and now my TOD Light has turned on Flashing. At first it came on and off, but this time it's been on for like the past week in a half. I treid everything from checking all the sensors if they where the sensors, took it to Isuzu and they read that both the back speed sensors are bad and I need to replace them both but they are charging me 1,250 dollers for the whole job and they said there is no garantee that that is the problem. But i'm so sure that that is not the issue, i just feel like they are the tires. when i got the VX the front tires where changed to the back and the back to the front and the tires that where in the front have the whole out side of the tire worned out. so i'm guessing the tires are the problem. the tires and rims and everything else on this VX are stock. I cheacked the fuses and everything is good. so what can the issue be, please help me guys and gals!

Can it be the Tires?

Can it be a loose wire under the passenger seat?

Are the speed sensers dirty or wet?
if so where are the speed sensors and the rest of the trans and TOD Sensors located?And how do I clean them?

Tod fluids?

Or are the speed sensors really gone bad on me?

Please help me I don't want to loose my VX I LOVE It. just for info, it's a 1999 ironman with 117,000 miles on it.

-CostieCosta, Thanx guys, hope to hear u guys soon.

:_crying: :_crying: :_crying:

Anita
02/14/2007, 09:58 AM
I vote TIRES.

Tires must be the same size and wear and - check pressure too!

etlsport
02/14/2007, 12:25 PM
yea id say 4 new tires and reset the TOD computer (disconnect battery for 30 min or so)