View Full Version : Central Indiana Mini meet

IndianaVX
02/12/2007, 09:32 PM
Ok
the snows flyin now, but spring is right around the corner.
Just looking for interested parties that would want to come.
dont know where, dont know when, but thought i would see about how many people thought that they might, then could start planning on dates, places, food etc.....

so wadda ya think??
this is an official, unofficial invitation..........

im thinkin aprilish, or may???

overnighter, or meet and scoot???

badlands, redbird, state park???

crackers and schnapps, or beef, pig, and tatos???

let the planning begin!!!!!

JHarris1385
02/12/2007, 11:20 PM
Im down, Ill try to pass this to a couple others. Like jgrish and jksteph I think is how you spell their names on here.

ojmagg
02/13/2007, 05:14 AM
I've a crazy schedule...I coach and play soccer...but, if i can get away...I've a few friends that would be in there like swimware too...I'll post back once I get my spring schedules...

Ldub
02/13/2007, 05:51 AM
Just a FYI re: scheduling...There are a few of us upper northern midwest types that are crazy enough to drive to Badlands for MWIOR get togethers, who will be in Moab May 16-19th + travel time on either end.
Food for thought if you want to increase your chances for a better turn out. ;)

bulldog
02/16/2007, 08:54 AM
Im up for it,,im in columbus ohio and i know there are several here but i have yet to find them on the site

JHarris1385
02/16/2007, 10:00 AM
Lets get a hold of Climbcovey, legalizhemp in INDY; and some other Louisville members..........

nocturnalVX
02/16/2007, 10:20 AM
I'll join y'all if I am not working the weeked you decide to hold this meet.

JHarris1385
02/16/2007, 10:35 AM
NOCT:
Tell others in Chicago about it.

Also why doesnt you MWIOR site not work?

IndianaVX
02/16/2007, 01:47 PM
Havent talked to Climbcovey, (Chris) but im sure hes in, if hes not working saving lives somewhere hes pretty busy guy. havent talked to hemp...... I need to talk to Al Gore and see what weekend would be nice, since he can now predict the weather changes....lol
(Actually i am not proclaming myself leader, but im working on a good weekend, and making some phone calls about times)

So is everyone thinking overnighter???? i will ask about camping too, if not at the site, maybe close by....

JHarris1385
02/16/2007, 02:29 PM
Im down for what ever, I know I can get a hold of two other vxers myself. And then maybe one of those jeep people.

I really wish Al Gore did not invent this Global Warming stuff, he should have just stuck to the internet.

archerace7
02/16/2007, 04:08 PM
Im in Southern Indiana and am up for a meet. Just let me know the dates!

JHarris1385
02/16/2007, 04:16 PM
Iv been in Tell City once and thats was to get stitches at the hospital/Urgent Care center. Drunken party story made short...a glass door was busted on my face, in santa claus village in Santa Claus, IN, and that was the neares open place at 3am....

Anyways, i hope you can make it.

IndianaVX
02/17/2007, 11:04 AM
ok,
I think the meet should be at BADLANDS....
redbird is still kinda under construction, so to speak, and seems to be mostly for quads, and the varity isnt there.
Badlands however has alot more to offer for all levels of difficulty. rocks, mud, beginner trails, stock setups, etc. Plus there is a campground right at the entrance, with showers, bathrooms, and a powerwashing area for cleaning up the trucks. there are alot of events going on there, so will try to schedule something inbetween them.

SO OFFICCIALLY UNOFICIAL.........ITS BADLANDS!!!!!
here is their website http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/index.asp

thats all for now

jkstephens83
03/01/2007, 08:24 PM
Definitely down for it, early May would be good and I'd be up for overnight if that was still in question.

climbcovey
03/08/2007, 04:04 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on the site recently. But Hell Yeah you can count me in. Thanks for speaking up for me David. You knew I'd be in. So, keep me posted on details. I can tell you I am off may 6th thru the 13th except for the 11th. but I can due some time trading and get pretty much whatever i want.

tysamigo
03/08/2007, 05:25 PM
I would love to go. I'll keep checking in for when a date is set. I may not have my baby all spiffed up, but I know you all will be forgiving. My mods (due to cost) may take quite some time to complete but it would be really cool to meet everyone.

By the way, I like Al :cool:

IndianaVX
03/08/2007, 07:27 PM
:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance: :clap: :yes:

THIS IS AWSOME!!!
ok, still planning is the first part of may looking good for everyone?? still not sure about which weekend, and want to consider our crazy upper northern midwest types that will be going to moab in giving them time to recoupe.
So here is the question, do we want a friday /saturday thing, or a saturday /sunday thing?? again thinking about recoupe time/ driving home time.
BADLANDS
http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/index.asp
the office hours at badlands are 9am to 5pm, and no one can check in after the office closes. this is for the offroad park. addmission is 20.00 for one day, 30 for two day pass.Everyone must sign in before entering the park.
*** Anyone not signed in will be considered as trespassing
& will be subject to arrest.
*** You must be packed and out of the park before posted times

CAMPING
this is the site for the campground at the entrance of badlands.

http://www.atticacamping.com/

so let me know what days you all would prefer.

thanks
david

tysamigo
03/08/2007, 08:07 PM
I have to admit that I wouldn't dare take my VX off road (considering the mods I will be doing). Would I still be welcome to come? If everyone goes off road, could I ride with someone else???

JHarris1385
03/08/2007, 08:24 PM
David,

I work till 8pm M-F. But that does not mean I cant ask off. But a S-S would be better.

Ty,
You are aware of the off-road capabilities of even a stock VX right?

IndianaVX
03/08/2007, 09:04 PM
TY,
im strictly street at this time also, but one of the reasons i chose badlands is they have trails for stock trucks and begginer trails also, but im in the same boat. hopeing i can hop a ride with climbcovey for a rock trail, or something.......who knows, but yeah, you own a vx, so you are welcome of course

climbcovey
03/21/2007, 07:35 AM
I am keeping an eye on this thread. dates will be important, but for me it depends which weekend. first weekend: fri-sat. second week: sat-sun. 3rd: fri-sat.....you get the point. but as i said before a have aliitle more flexibility then most, as long as i have enough notice. so keep me posted. Indiana give me a call when you get closer to final details. BTW of course you can ride a trail with me, but the only thing different on my vx is the tires and rims! but she did just fine in canada.

climbcovey
03/21/2007, 07:41 AM
Hey! I forgot to mention, unless you have seriously lowered your VX and put on racing slicks........ THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS STRICTLY STREET WHEN YOU DRIVE A VX. So, those of you who think yor VX might get a scratch, or that your VX can't handle "Indiana Offroad" its time to step up and let your VX speak for you. Besides we still want to see your VX even if you just show up and park it. You can ride with me I got room for 2 more ;)

IndianaVX
03/25/2007, 09:07 PM
okay, heres the poop...........
what do you all want to do......INPUT NEEDED
either have a saturday sunday meet on the 5th and 6th of May,
or
have a friday saturday meet on the 11th and 12th, and have sunday to recoupe??
sundays are busy days for me with church, and then getting work scheduled for the week, making calls etc. but i will sacrifice, and just leave early if i need to. i just know that some people might be driving some distance, so just trying to consider all things. so lets hear it. you all are in the plan too, and want to make it conveniant as possiable for as many as possible.

shout it, shout it, shout it out loud. which of these dates are gonna work for you all??

david

IndianaVX
04/02/2007, 09:26 PM
??????

JHarris1385
04/06/2007, 04:40 PM
Time for the first reply. I knew there was some reason I would not be able to make the 5th-6th weekend and now I figured it out. THE KENTUCKY DERBY.....I am lucky enough to have box seats for as long as I can remember. My family has had them ever since the late 60's when my famly's horses begun racing in the Derby......

The next weekend would be fine. For me at least

Side note anyone who is near the Louisville, KY area might be interested in
http://www.hillznhollarz.com/ ....just a little bit aways from Louisville. They just opened on the 31st and I am ready to hit the trails there. I have a jeep friend coming along. Anyone interested?

But not to get off the much needed Central Indiana meet.......lets hear from some other In VX'ers. Chime in.

climbcovey
04/06/2007, 10:04 PM
David, Like I said I'm game just let me know asap when you pick a date. you got the digits...

IndianaVX
04/18/2007, 08:50 PM
VEHICROSS MINI MEET.....BADLANDS.....MAY 12th & 13th.......

I have to apologize to you guys. I havent posted anything, because i wasnt sure if i would even have my vx to bring to the meet, and I broke my toe. but it should be healed, and my vx will be "healed" also, so im back in the saddle, fired up about meeting all of you that can come and making our mark on the trails and whatnot.

so, if you would, PLEASE RSVP either by pm-ing me, or just post yeah or nay on this thread. I will also PM a form letter stating the same to anyone who has posted on this thread. I am also PM ing anyone in indiana that still seems active on the members list.

i hope everyone has kinda kept this time open in their minds. again i apologize for not being definate sooner. stuff happens.....

so there it is. lets hear it all you indiana vxers........who's with me????

david

ojmagg
04/19/2007, 04:53 AM
Sorry guys, this is the date of my bachelor party...

IndianaVX
04/25/2007, 07:16 PM
*tap tap tap.......is this thing on??? hello??

JHarris1385
04/25/2007, 07:59 PM
Im down. I talked to jkstephens83 and he said he and his friend jgrish are coming and camping as well. How would bringing a jeep buddy be?

IndianaVX
04/25/2007, 08:31 PM
hmmmm, a jeep thing aye??? *sigh* i suppose........(just kidding)
maybe it will give him a real opportunity to where HE will "understand"
glad to know you can make it.
yeah, i heard from j grish.
anybody else????

jkstephens83
04/26/2007, 10:00 AM
To anyone interested, I was gonna order a VehiCross Windshield Decal and was wondering if anyone else would be interested. The lettering can be done in any color you would like. If you would like to see what it looks like you can take a look at jgrish's gallery it is the same one as his. $25 will cover cost and shipping.

Let me know soon, I'd like to have the ordered and ready for the meet.

etlsport
04/26/2007, 11:19 AM
To anyone interested, I was gonna order a VehiCross Windshield Decal and was wondering if anyone else would be interested. The lettering can be done in any color you would like. If you would like to see what it looks like you can take a look at jgrish's gallery it is the same one as his. $25 will cover cost and shipping.

Let me know soon, I'd like to have the ordered and ready for the meet.

i cant make it to the meet but id be interested in getting one of those decals, if you could ship it to me id gladly pay shipping costs + the 25.. let me know, id like to get the "EHI" in blue and the rest in silver....

Nomadic_Isuzu
05/01/2007, 09:28 AM
Hey guys, new here. I'm not a VXer but I do have an Isuzu. One of you down at the IU southeast campus left me a note on my windshield. Thanks for the complements, sorry for the late reply. My wife has been driving my Rodeo and never did pass the contact info to me, as far as I know; it's still in the cup holder. Ldub mentioned it on the MWIOR page and I recalled her(my wife) referencing this on the note. So here I am two months later.
I won't be able to make the meet due to work obligations far far away. I don't make it home as often as I'd like but I'm interested in trying the KY offroad park mentioned earlier in the post. It'd be nice to have a trail companion so keep me in mind if you ever go. If and when I get back to a normal work rotation, maybe I ‘ll be able to do some wheelin!

JHarris1385
05/01/2007, 11:55 AM
Wow. That was me. I work down by second street bridge. Im guessing your the white rodeo, at the off campus management classes down by the visitation center?

I worte my note on a VX eletronics troubleshooting manual page too, i think.

I figured you either didnt care or was freaked out by a random note admiring your work.

Just post on here or pm me and I would be down to go off roading sometime.

JHarris1385
05/03/2007, 02:21 PM
SOOOOOO

WHOOOS GOING?????

I see that it is getting some attention on mwior.com as well.

1. John

jkstephens83
05/03/2007, 07:26 PM
I'm in and I know jgrish is going too

IndianaVX
05/03/2007, 08:06 PM
well, im going too, but may be takin the wifes offroad beast, the oldsmobile silloette!
i will be there, just not sure about my vx, unforutunatly. :(

Ldub
05/04/2007, 04:22 AM
well, im going too, but may be takin the wifes offroad beast, the oldsmobile silloette!
i will be there, just not sure about my vx, unforutunatly. :(

DUDE,
Silouettes RULE off road !!! :cool:

IndianaVX
05/07/2007, 04:39 PM
ok, question.....
the flags we have to have on the trucks, could i just get a bicycle flag?i think they are about 8 feet tall, maybe not,....and how do you connect them to the trucks?? i think i got a way to attach it to the van............lol
thanks

on another note, and this would mean some southern members would have to get up EARLY..... but do we want to "convoy" our way over to attica? climbcovey, and myself are cruzin together,probably meet on west side of indy..... havent made arrangements, but we are! girsh, stephens, harris, you guys want to try?? give the passer bys some eye candy.
we would be representin on the hiway.....a foxfire, proton, 2 iornmans, and girsh has silver, i think...
so let me know....
david

JHarris1385
05/07/2007, 05:53 PM
I hate to say this. But my attendance as of a couple days ago has become iffy. You all do realize its mothers day on SUnday right? If gas was not what it is I would drive up off road and then drive back that night, but I want to camp and make it a two day event.

Plus I think I am the only lifted on out of us as well. (and almost supercharged)

Ldub
05/07/2007, 06:15 PM
Plus I think I am the only lifted on out of us as well. (and almost supercharged)

:confused: Sooooo, what exactly do you mean ?...you only wheel with those who have a lift ? :rolleyes:

IndianaVX
05/07/2007, 06:36 PM
hey john,
iffy shmiffy....lol
we are leaving sunday morning......yeah, it is mothers day, but my mom loves me, and wants me to have fun with my fellow vx'rs. and the mother of my children is going and what else would she want to do but go on the trails in the vx??? i think climbcovey may have a bit of lift.....not sure though.

seriously, we are leaving on sunday, so we (the wife, climbcovey and his wife,)can spend some time with our mothers.
nobody really chimed in about what days to go, so i just kinda threw a dart at the calender, and picked those days and went with it......about a week later, my wife, Laura said" you do know that sunday is mothers day dont you" and me, not being a calender kind of guy said "uhhhh ....no" lol
so anyway, everything cant be perfect. in this case, i was left with just picking a date and crossing my fingers.
i sure hope youll go, but i understand if you dont.......the shame of a non lifted vx tearing up the trails as well as a lifted one.......OHHHHH, i just threw the gauntlet down!!!!!! (im just teasing ya john)
if you dont make it......take care of yourself, and tell your mother we missed ya

JHarris1385
05/07/2007, 07:07 PM
No harm meant by me stating I think I am only lifted on going. I just thought it would be nice to have at least one of each to see what the differences are first hand. I have never ridden in a stock VX yet. When I purchases mine i drove it home 10 hours with the 20's on that came with it and still only have 3 of the 4 stock tires /wheels(see prior thread for explaination).

I am for sure tyring my best. I have been looking forward to this for a while. And this would be my first real off-roading adventure.

My plans were to leave friday night stay/party with my old college roomates at Purdue and drive the rest of the way on Saturday. Well my old roomates got take home finals and are here in town now. Plus the girl was going to go with me but now cant take off work on Saturday (some stubburn women will not reschedule their hair apts.)

Plus I am going out of town the next week pre planned a long time ago to S.C.

More importantly my rents hit splitsville last year and this is the first mothers day since, and my mom really counts on me for strength. ANd driving home on sunday is still takes at least 4 hours of driving. I practically live in Louisville, IN, but so does jkstephens.

Keep your fingers crossed, cuase i want to go badly. And if i do go you all will get to see the current state of my VX. That is when I dont have the time or quaters to spare to wash it every other day when I tear up the woods around town. Its pretty ditry right now.

IndianaVX
05/07/2007, 08:09 PM
ill pay for a powerwash after the trails.........ok? hows that entice ya??lol

Ldub
05/08/2007, 03:51 AM
:p ;) I think I have a solution...bring Mom wheelin' with ya ! She might enjoy a day in the woods, and who knows, maybe even kick in some gas money.
OK...I didn't say it was a GOOD solution. :smilewink

IndianaVX
05/11/2007, 07:30 PM
ok,
got everything together, leaving home at 700, meeting climbcovey, and ridin with him to badlands....should be there around 930
will probably stay over till sunday at somepoint
see you there,

david

climbcovey
05/11/2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, what he said, It is confirmed. We are going, leaving Indy Hopefully before 9am. I get off my 24 hr shift at 8am. so 1-1.5 hr drive. puts us at 10 or 10:30. My cell # is 765-729-0308 if anyone wants to check on our progress. We'll see you all there. Hope we have a good turnout.

IndianaVX
05/13/2007, 06:29 PM
Well, all i got to say is WHAT A BLAST!!!!
first things first, i got to say a HUGE thanks to climbcovey for letting me ride shotgun on the way over there, and on the trails.......he even offered to let me take HIS proton on some trails!!!!what a guy! (i had to decline though, and thats ok with me....thanks chris)
and equally HUGE thanks to jeff (jgrish) Joe,(jstephens) and ben. as the oldest in our little group, i can honestly say, (in an old man creaky voice) youre some fine young men, and im really glad you came to the meet, and i got to meet you guys!
Wow, i dont even know where to start, its still not totally sunk in, but it was a great two days out on the trails. got ALOT of comments on the vx's. got alot of video, and a bunch of pictures. even got jgirsh catchin air on a jump!! photos, and video to come. so anyway, i will give more details at a latter point.
For all you that were not able to make it, i am sorry.......you missed some great weather, even better off roading, and some awsome jokes and stories....lol
you will have to drop EVERYTHING to make it to the next meet, which, im telling you months in advance...so start planning....we will be getting together towards the end of summer.
thanks again guys,
and thanks to isuzu for making such an awsome vehicle that brings so much pride of ownership, smiles to so many faces, and pleasure on and off the road.

david

(again, pics and video are to come)

jkstephens83
05/13/2007, 06:45 PM
I hear you on that!!! Can't wait to see the video and pics!! Take care guys and I hope to see you later this summer.

Joe

tysamigo
05/13/2007, 08:20 PM
I wanted to go but the direction I'm going with my VX is to not take it off road. Because of that I didn't think I would have much fun or would have anything to do. If I can bring my VX but leave him behind I would LOVE to come...

climbcovey
05/13/2007, 10:46 PM
You still should have came, as it was we had 1 VX that was riding solo anyway. I'm sure you could have rode shotgun with him. I personally was glad to have the company of a passenger. Not to mention the help spotting obstructions and atv's. So..... Next time you better show up. Besides the VX's looked good when they were parked together at the campsite too...

tysamigo
05/13/2007, 10:53 PM
OK, well cool. I'm down for the next one then. I would like to ride shotgun with someone...

:)

IndianaVX
05/14/2007, 10:19 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1894.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/100_1894.JPG)well, here is just a taste of what was missed....more to come

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1887.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/100_1887.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1884.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/100_1884.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1911.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/100_1911.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1924.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/100_1924.JPG)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/100_1928.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/100_1928.JPG)

:cool:
david

tysamigo
05/14/2007, 01:22 PM
Damn damn damn (I hope I can say that)

I really missed it....man that looks SOOOOOO fun

I'm definitely in for the next one....you better believe that!!!

JHarris1385
05/14/2007, 01:38 PM
Ty: you gotta take yours out.

To all that went: Man I sure did miss out. I am down for the next one which we should plan now. How about Hillz and Hollarz which is in Northern, KY?

Lets make sure not to plan it around any holidays or fathers day.

Whos in and when?

tysamigo
05/14/2007, 04:18 PM
I'm in :)

JHarris1385
05/16/2007, 01:08 PM
Come on, where are the pictures...................

JHarris1385
05/17/2007, 09:20 AM
While waiting for the pics, here is a site with more Indiana off-road parks.

http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/ohv/

jkstephens83
05/17/2007, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure if you saw my gallery or not but there are a few more in there

climbcovey
05/26/2007, 07:45 AM
Sorry about the delay with the pics from me. having some trouble with my photo program....and my work schedule. i will resolve it soon.

JHarris1385
06/22/2007, 12:39 PM
Covey its almost been a month now. No pics no vids. Wur they at?

slutty22
03/22/2009, 12:26 PM
Damn damn damn (I hope I can say that)

I really missed it....man that looks SOOOOOO fun

I'm definitely in for the next one....you better believe that!!!

Ok lets plan this for '09 Spring has sprung!!!!!!!!! Anyone down for some badlands action?!?!?!?!

nocturnalVX
03/22/2009, 07:24 PM
Where were you for the Snowball? LOL :p I am sure there'll be a meet soon if you don't start one yourself. We just were at Badlands on January 24th... (see thread: http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14747&highlight=snowball ) Cece and I are planning to have a get together either at our house or a meet and greet soon in the Chicago area. Maybe do a Six Flags thing this summer too? Ren. Fair? We are always up for get togethers! Be sure to check out the Midwest Isuzu (mwior.com) forum as well...

slutty22
03/23/2009, 05:22 AM
Where were you for the Snowball? LOL :p I am sure there'll be a meet soon if you don't start one yourself. We just were at Badlands on January 24th... (see thread: http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14747&highlight=snowball ) Cece and I are planning to have a get together either at our house or a meet and greet soon in the Chicago area. Maybe do a Six Flags thing this summer too? Ren. Fair? We are always up for get togethers! Be sure to check out the Midwest Isuzu (mwior.com) forum as well...

Dang, that sucks I missed out that looked like a lot of fun, didnt have the VX then so I am up for any future meets, will have to keep my eyes peeled. I grew up a couple towns over from attica so I remember when the badlands first opened up, me and my buddies would take our dirtbikes there every weekend haent been there in a while! Im sure its changed a buttload. cant wait to take the VX there and see what shes got!!!!