PDA

View Full Version : Step Bars assembly

cyronman
02/11/2007, 07:38 PM
I picked up a pair of Tone's step bars and will be putting them on in the next couple of days.
Just looking for any helpful tips that anyone has to share before I get under there.
Much appreciated,

Cy

JULIAN911
02/11/2007, 08:55 PM
Pretty straight forward but if you want them useful, will need to add spacers to get them further out from the body to be ablr to step on. You can use a bunch of 1/2" OD washers and use longer bolts.

cyronman
02/13/2007, 11:13 PM
Well, they're on!
(check pics in gallery)

How did you get the bolt out to replace it with a longer one?

cyronman
04/03/2007, 08:02 PM
How did you get the bolt out to replace it with a longer one?

I'll ask again...

tom4bren
04/05/2007, 10:53 AM
I am in the midst of installing a set myself. It only takes an hour to do the whole thing (I've had mine on and back off 3 times already). The problem I'm having is that I have 33x12.50 tires and they rub when in a sharp turn. I started with just trimming the brackets and lengthening all of the adjustment slots but it's not enough. When I get the time to be more creative, I'll post the end results but it will probably require custom brackets.

The only tip I would give is that you'll have to lift the carpet (both front and rear because the body mount bolts will spin when you remove the nuts for the installation). Remember that the large bolt on the front and rear of the tube that connect it to the brackets has a slot for adjustment. You will probably have to loosen them to adjust the spacing of the brackets so that they line up with the body mounts.

Hope this helps. Good luck.