PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco area servicer needed

Joe_Black
01/31/2007, 09:45 PM
The gentleman who bought our '04 Axiom immediately began experiencing issues with the cooling system after taking delivery from the shipper, and I'm trying to locate a reputable Isuzu servicer in the San Francisco area for him.

Can anyone recommend a good shop?

Thanks much! :)

Ldub
01/31/2007, 10:03 PM
You could try the dealer locator @ www.isuzusource.com

Joe_Black
02/01/2007, 12:42 PM
Thanks, I had passed that along to him but had hoped for some personal experience-based recommendations of a competent service department. ;)

Ldub
02/01/2007, 01:02 PM
Competent/honest auto service = noodle in a haystack... :rolleyes:

Good Luck ! ;)

Anita
02/01/2007, 01:32 PM
Joe,
Maybe you might have luck PMing or emailing some of the S.F. owners. Try GOVEHIX or Genghis for a start.

Joe_Black
02/02/2007, 07:53 AM
I got an update today that he contacted Isuzu corporate and verified the 7 year/75K miles warranty is transfereable and that he is in fact covered, so all's well there. The closest dealership to him apparently is San Leandro so he'll have to get a tow since the Axiom is leaking coolant quite a bit from the top of the engine.

Once the problem is discovered and resolved I'll share here as it may be relevant since the Direct Injection 3.5 is fundamentally the same engine as ours.

I'm VERY curious to find the cause as the vehicle was fine when I delivered to the shipping terminal, which was an hour drive for me. My gut tells me something happened in transport, but I can't imagine what it could be to affect the cooling circuit. :confused: