PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Wall Calender

nfpgasmask
01/30/2007, 10:36 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for taking so long to finish this, but here it is:

VX Calender 2007 (http://www.cafepress.com/vxcal)

I actually had to go with one of the runner up images because I could not get the last one in high-resolution.

Anyway, I hope you all like it, and lets all start thinking and taking photos for a 2008 calender. Lets also hope CafePress does not delete this product for © reasons...

Bart

cyronman
01/30/2007, 10:54 PM
Awesome.

Well worth the wait, thanks for all the hard work dude.

Dumke
01/30/2007, 11:02 PM
Good job cant wait to place my order. Hole burning in my pocket

ZEUS
01/31/2007, 12:17 AM
SWEET! Thanks gasmask and etlsport... and picture takers! I just placed my order.

uncle_asa
01/31/2007, 01:21 AM
Anyway, I hope you all like it, and lets all start thinking and taking photos for a 2008 calender. Lets also hope CafePress does not delete this product for © reasons...

These was my desctops:

BBVX's snow plower: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=935
TimG's jump: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=762
And my take off: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=8346

This one is amazing, but I'm not sure if there hi-res version: http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=3178

CrnCnn
01/31/2007, 06:09 AM
I want it NOW mommy... oh

I am broke as a joke right now, but I will order this weekend.

My desk at work has me looking right into a wall, so this will be just right

etlsport
01/31/2007, 06:17 AM
sawwweeett.. ordered mine :cool:

ive started takin some cool calendar shots already... gonna be some stiff competition for the 08 calendar!

VXD959
01/31/2007, 07:03 AM
Ordered mine! Great! Many Thanks!!!

biju
01/31/2007, 07:19 AM
good deal. thx all...

-biju

WormGod
01/31/2007, 07:44 AM
Just ordered one. Should look good hanging in the garage next to the VX, heh.

Thanks for the hard work and determination to make us such a useful day to day tool. :)

VehiGAZ
01/31/2007, 07:45 AM
My order is in! This was an AWESOME idea!!! Thanks to everyone involved!!

Joe_Black
01/31/2007, 08:08 AM
Bart, make some space in your PM folder! :p

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 08:32 AM
Sorry Joe, I just cleared it out!

Bart

Bart, make some space in your PM folder! :p

zilik
01/31/2007, 08:34 AM
Place an order for two just a few minutes ago

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 08:38 AM
Great! I'm glad everyone likes it. I haven't even placed an order for mine yet cause I am kinda broke at the moment, but I will soon. January has been a tough month for me....

Anyway, I am REALLY curious to see what kind of print quality we end up with. I'm sure it will be obvious to everyone which photos were made from higher resolution images.

So the only thing I can say is, for 2008, make a folder on your hard drive and keep all the high-res shots you want to submit, so next time around we don't run into any of the issues we had with 2007. Plus, we can start working on 2008 in like October or something so it is ready by December.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who contributed, etl, thanks for the idea and all the help.

Whoever gets it first, report back right away with the quality! :p

Bart

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 08:40 AM
Wow! I probably could have made some money off this if I didn't leave the base calender price at $14.99!! LOL, jk.

But seriously, awesome that everyone is ordering, I wish my other CafePress stores sold more stuff!!

Bart

Place an order for two just a few minutes ago

thedutchguy
01/31/2007, 08:45 AM
regarding the quality:........................I'm a bit cautious since the last VX t-shirt purchase.(you know with the avitar drawing)
The design of the drawing was good ,but the shirt?
Man that really was poor q....., sorry I can't even call it quality.

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 09:07 AM
Yes, agreed. CafePress basically sucks, imho. Not only do they censor whatever they feel isn't "PC" enough, their quality is substandard, especially when it comes to printing on fabric. They are just doing computer printed transfers. It is not true screen printing, which imo, is the only way to make a T-shirt. However, I once bought a poster I made on CafePress (this one (http://www.cafepress.com/lmag3,lmag2,lmag,lmag4.3511891) to be exact), and the quality of their paper printed products was pretty decent. So I think the calendar should be ok. I am just worried about noticeable pixellation with the shots that were generated from not so high resolution images.

I almost cancelled my CafePress account once because they would not let me make a T-Shirt that "depicted violence". It really pissed me off because the shirt was just a still from a short film me and some friends made, and it really wasn't that violent looking. Censorship of this kind really urks me.

Anyway, we shall see I suppose. This will be a good experiment to see if we want to use CafePress next year.

Bart

regarding the quality:........................I'm a bit cautious since the last VX t-shirt purchase.(you know with the avitar drawing)
The design of the drawing was good ,but the shirt?
Man that really was poor q....., sorry I can't even call it quality.

cyronman
01/31/2007, 10:09 AM
Anyone else feel like chipping in a buck or two to cover Bart's calendar?

He could have been making at least a buck on every order, so I think we can collectively cover him for his effort.
Not sure if anyone else has thought of this yet or exactly the easiest way to go about it?

Bart, is that cool?

Cy

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 10:16 AM
Awww, that's very nice of you...but you don't hafta...

Bart

He could have been making at least a buck on every order, so I think we can collectively cover him for his effort.
Not sure if anyone else has thought of this yet or exactly the easiest way to go about it?

Bart, is that cool?

Cy

etlsport
01/31/2007, 10:28 AM

Cy

im in!

VXD959
01/31/2007, 11:41 AM
Bart,

PM me your address. I'll get it for you as a token of appreciation.

Thanks,

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 02:02 PM
Wow, thanks everyone, but seriously, your really don't have to.

But if you are bent on it... :rolleyes:

:) Thanks everyone...

Bart

Bart,

PM me your address. I'll get it for you as a token of appreciation.

Thanks,

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 02:10 PM
Well folks, since you are all so nice and thoughtful, and even though I really am kinda broke at the moment, I decided I should do something I should have done long ago, but just never got around to wringing out the extra $20 from my dried up wallet.

I just added myself to the list of site supporters...

Thanks Moncha for maintaining what I belive to be the best Internet forum I have ever been a member of. And thanks for everyone on here for being so helpful, nice and generous all the time.

Long live VX.info!

:_beer:

Bart

Ldub
01/31/2007, 02:15 PM
Indeed !

VXD959
01/31/2007, 02:32 PM
Bart,

The calendar is on its way to RENO!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

MZ-N10
01/31/2007, 02:49 PM
very nice....too bad im not organized enough to use a calander... :p :p

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 02:50 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bart

cyronman
01/31/2007, 03:51 PM
See man,

isn't that avatar a whole lot cooler?

BTW-
I've been looking into those rims so much lately, I photoshopped one of your pics to look like an Ironman.
Don't mind if i bite your steez, do ya?

nfpgasmask
01/31/2007, 04:15 PM
No, not at all! The Teflon Chambers ROCK! I tell ya, they come clean SOOOO easily too. Basically, just wet them, and wipe em down and they look like new. My center caps were modded, and dirt sticks to them more than the rims! I would also look at the Teflon Mojave's for your IronMan, both the Chambers and the Mojaves look sweet in Teflon. I am still waiting for someone with a Proton to throw on some Teflon Mojaves. Both a Prot and an Ironman would look tight with those...

I chose the Chambers cause they are more futuristic and industrial looking...these rims were made for the VX!

Bart

PS - I am 99% sure that only the 16x8, 6x5.5, 0 Offset, 4.5 backspacing, non-GM truck ones will fit.

PPS - I still have my stock rims with really a really good set of BFG rubber on them, and I am getting desperate for money....I need to sell them!

See man,

isn't that avatar a whole lot cooler?

BTW-
I've been looking into those rims so much lately, I photoshopped one of your pics to look like an Ironman.
Don't mind if i bite your steez, do ya?

biju
01/31/2007, 04:45 PM

Where do I send my pesos?

-biju.

cyronman
01/31/2007, 05:29 PM
PS - I am 99% sure that only the 16x8, 6x5.5, 0 Offset, 4.5 backspacing, non-GM truck ones will fit.

16 is the size I'm looking into

PPS - I still have my stock rims with really a really good set of BFG rubber on them, and I am getting desperate for money....I need to sell them!

I'm running stock now (18's), I'm looking into the 16's as an alternate set.
i.e. snowboard/road trips, light off-roading.

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be asking more about them sooner or later, but...

back to the calendar...

k4tmc
01/31/2007, 06:42 PM
Just ordered two, one for the office, and one for the garage to keep the Proton happy when its not on the road. Hope I don't hear strange noises in the middle of the night! ;)

Henry

creeg
02/01/2007, 01:03 PM
Ordered!

Great job!

Moncha
02/01/2007, 03:22 PM
Me too! I ordered... Thank you to Bart ana all that participated in one fashion or another.. It is very difficult to get something like this together and yes, you should have done a little mark-up. I always say what goes aroung WILL come around..

Just remember, if not completely satisfied you can return with in 30 days for a refund. Not just for the calendar but for the VX.info stuff too.. I'm still looking for an online place that can do the same as Cafe Press but better.. No luck so far..

Thanks again Bart and for the site support!!

nfpgasmask
02/01/2007, 03:40 PM
Thanks Moncha! Glad to support this awesome forum.

Speaking of support, I want to do a similar donation thing on gasmasks.net. How do you create paypal donations?

Hopefully the calendar's quality will be acceptable to everyone!!!

Bart

Me too! I ordered... Thank you to Bart ana all that participated in one fashion or another.. It is very difficult to get something like this together and yes, you should have done a little mark-up. I always say what goes aroung WILL come around..

Just remember, if not completely satisfied you can return with in 30 days for a refund. Not just for the calendar but for the VX.info stuff too.. I'm still looking for an online place that can do the same as Cafe Press but better.. No luck so far..

Thanks again Bart and for the site support!!

cyronman
02/01/2007, 03:45 PM
Where do I send my pesos?

-biju.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like
VXD959 hooked him up already.

Thanks guys.

nfpgasmask
02/01/2007, 04:08 PM
I believe you are correct.

Bart

Thanks guys.

Moncha
02/01/2007, 08:00 PM
Bart,

email me and I'll help you out

Thanks Moncha! Glad to support this awesome forum.

Speaking of support, I want to do a similar donation thing on gasmasks.net. How do you create paypal donations?

Hopefully the calendar's quality will be acceptable to everyone!!!

Bart

biju
02/01/2007, 08:39 PM

Thanks guys.
right. VXD959 let me know if I can send you some $$'s to help offset the cost. Thanks for stepping up to get bart one...

-beej.

VXD959
02/02/2007, 09:41 AM
right. VXD959 let me know if I can send you some $$'s to help offset the cost. Thanks for stepping up to get bart one...

-beej.

No need....Bart deserves that and more for doing this calendar for us!

VCAMILO
02/02/2007, 10:01 AM
Ordered mine.

tomdietrying
02/02/2007, 05:09 PM
Just ordered mine too!
Peace.
Tom

CrnCnn
02/02/2007, 06:52 PM
Mines on the way!!!! wooohooo

bumblebee
02/03/2007, 08:26 AM
The calendar looks fantastic. I also purchased two. Thank you for all the hard work that you put into it! :)

MSHardeman
02/03/2007, 03:53 PM
YEEHAW!! Got mine. Bart, thank you so much for pulling this thing together.

littlewing2
02/03/2007, 05:55 PM
Ordered mine just now. Thanks for all your hard work. I look forward to receiving it.

TechnoPope
02/05/2007, 07:30 AM
Order two calendars by Feb. 11 and save the $5 shipping with this code: CLOUDMOTIF
I just ordered mine and the code works.
The calendar looks great. Thanks Bart.

ZEUS
02/05/2007, 05:07 PM
WOOHOO! My calendar arrived today!!! Some pics look better than others which was expected... but I don't think any pics are something to complain about. Definitely 15 bucks worth! Good job guys! Thanks again. :cool:

VehiGAZ
02/06/2007, 02:13 PM
Mine arrived today! Nice job!!! It looks great!!! All those off-roading VXs look awesome - I think next year we should throw some garage-queen bling-bling street VXs in the mix.

Thanks again to all contributors and organizers! This is quite a unique creation!

nfpgasmask
02/06/2007, 02:21 PM
Awesome, I am glad they are coming in and look decent.

Yeah, I think next year, all of us should strive to take some REALLY nice shots in REALLY exciting places.

And remember: KEEP YOUR HIGH-RESOLUTION ORIGINALS!!!

:) Bart

k4tmc
02/06/2007, 04:18 PM
Yes, got my 2 today. Good job! The higher resolution pictures are the only way to go for 2008. Just compare the Jan, Aug and Nov shots with the others.

Do we have a high resolution photo of the original concept car? That would make a good cover shot.

Henry

nfpgasmask
02/06/2007, 04:24 PM
Yeah, the camera I use is a 7.0 MegaPixel Canon A620, I would say we should try to shoot at fine quality, 5 MegalPixels or higher for next year...

Bart

Yes, got my 2 today. Good job! The higher resolution pictures are the only way to go for 2008. Just compare the Jan, Aug and Nov shots with the others.

Do we have a high resolution photo of the original concept car? That would make a good cover shot.

Henry

Petos
02/06/2007, 10:07 PM
Just ordered mine, thanks a lot!
Thinking about the next year pics - do you think one of the pictures of the "flying vx from Russia" in good resolution could be a good candidate?

nfpgasmask
02/07/2007, 08:37 AM
Definitely! I think any VX in mid air is a good candidate!

BTW, I just got my calendar! Thanks!!! The pics look good, even the low res ones look fairly decent!

:) Bart

Just ordered mine, thanks a lot!
Thinking about the next year pics - do you think one of the pictures of the "flying vx from Russia" in good resolution could be a good candidate?

ZEUS
02/07/2007, 10:00 AM
I think it was a mistake for me to order this calendar... I hung it in my cube at work and I find myself daydreaming at the Feb. pic and wishing I was wheeling in Moab! I start to hear the moaning, chirping tires, the revving motor, and then friction from the brakes holding a VX on an incline. Then I snap out of it and realize I am doing nothing at work... How many days to go???? :rolleyes:

nfpgasmask
02/07/2007, 10:03 AM
Yeah, that hill looks damn steep....

And on the Moab note, I think I will be taking that whole week off....

So 99% count me in!!!

w00t!

Bart

I think it was a mistake for me to order this calendar... I hung it in my cube at work and I find myself daydreaming at the Feb. pic and wishing I was wheeling in Moab! I start to hear the moaning, chirping tires, the revving motor, and then friction from the brakes holding a VX on an incline. Then I snap out of it and realize I am doing nothing at work... How many days to go???? :rolleyes:

bumblebee
02/10/2007, 08:33 AM
The calendar is beautiful. I received my two today. Can't wait to show it off at work on Monday. Great job!!! Thanks so much!!!

Whew, Cafe Press does a really good job packaging the calendar to make sure it arrives in perfect condition. I was so excited to see the calendar that I started to try to rip open the package with my nails. Word of advice, get a scissor, sit down, take a deep breath, make a fine incision, and open the calendar and get a great BIG :) on your face.

CrnCnn
02/12/2007, 05:58 PM
WEEE Doggy. Finally got mine. Looks good, cant wait to put it up at work. Maybe not, I have VX pics as my computer wallpaper and everyone always stops by to check it out and ask questions.

etlsport
02/12/2007, 06:11 PM
realized mine is lost in the mail :( tracking says it arrived in the philly warehouse feb. 3rd.. guess its time to call cafepress

tomdietrying
02/12/2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I ordered mine on the 2nd, and it must be lost too. How many days does it take for the calender to get to a home on average?
Peace.
Tom

CrnCnn
02/12/2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I ordered mine on the 2nd, and it must be lost too. How many days does it take for the calender to get to a home on average?
Peace.
Tom

Mine took ten days exactly. Felt like I was waiting forever
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jimmylongwong/forest_guy_relaxing_md_wht.gif

wekilled
02/14/2007, 12:03 AM
Just checking to see if the calendars can be shipped overseas to (Baghdad)

I am stuck here for an indefinite period due to "The Surge" and unable to work on my VX. Looking at some pics on the wall might take my mind off of it.

I have an APO over here. Anyway, let me know and I'll figure something out.

cyronman
02/14/2007, 12:18 AM
Hey 'battle',
(Wekell)
where are you at and for how much longer? I did Anaconda all of '05.
If they don't ship to APOs, you can order one to me and I'll forward it to you.
Unless your an officer.
;Dy;
JK, stay safe

Cy

wekilled
02/14/2007, 11:42 PM
Sorry bout the hijack here..

Ouch! Thats gonna leave a mark.

I'll meet you halfway. Came in enlisted and did Desert Storm that way, then went to the "dark side" as an officer in 94. In spite of being an officer I can still use the same power tools I did when I was enlisted and not cut my fingers off, my hobby is tattooing (not golf), and have just kept enough common sense to keep myself alive when I'm not sipping mint juleps on the veranda with the other officers.

I did OIF I 2003 as a company cdr in Baghdad, and doing this rotation in Mosul, and after 6 months we moved down here to Baghdad. Looks like we'll be extended and I'm guessing a bonus 18 month tour. I brought all my VX files with me so I can "virtually" work on my ride.

Oh yeah, the calendar--I will have to get my wife to send my new ATM card and snag one of the calendars when it comes in.

Scott Harness
02/15/2007, 06:38 AM
I got mine in 4 days.Sent to p.o.box if that matters.Looks great!

MSHardeman
02/15/2007, 07:51 AM
Got mine last night, and it looks GREAT. I'm sure with all of the other VX stuff around my desk at work people will REALLY start to worry about me once I put the calendar up.

Also, for those of you who have the calendar, and have been reading pbkid's post about his engine blow, he IS February. He did that climb with bald street tires, and it was impressive. I've never seen him back down from anything in that VX. Hopefully he'll stay around.

tomdietrying
02/15/2007, 11:32 AM
I know that picture was taken in Moab. Can anyone tell me what what day and what trail that was? I'm sure I did that climb too, but I can't really remember what trail it was.

Thanks for any help with my memory.

Peace.
Tom

littlewing2
02/15/2007, 05:02 PM
I just received my VX calendar 2 days ago and I really love it. The pictures are outstanding. It would be great if there was a little write up on who owns the VX and where the pictures were taken at. Great job guys!! I'm looking forward to next years calendar. Hopefully my VX will be in it. :thumbup:

etlsport
02/15/2007, 05:27 PM
well it wasnt lost in the mail.. the mail just sucks but its here now... and its puurdy

MSHardeman
02/16/2007, 08:24 AM
:freek: THREAD HIJACK!! :freek:

Tom,

I took that picture of Jack on the Fins and Things trail in Moab. That was, really, the first big obstacle that we came to. There was an easy way around to the left of the picture (that I'm not afraid to say, I took). I remember you and I trying to hold Billy's VX down as he went up it. I'll search through my picture to see if I have a shot of you going up.

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. :bgwo:

nfpgasmask
02/16/2007, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I think the 2008 Calender will be even better, now that we all know what to do. The voting next year is gonna be intense!

I was actually thinking, we could do 3 or 4 calenders, like a Moab 07 calender, a hot street VX calender, a offroad rig VX calender, and action shot VX calender, etc...

That way we could all choose what kind we like best...but then again, that will be a lot more work!!

Just a thought.

Bart

Baxman
02/16/2007, 08:07 PM
Well done, and thanks! to those who worked long and hard on this project!

k4tmc
02/17/2007, 06:00 AM
Bart,

Re "I was actually thinking, we could do 3 or 4 calenders, like a Moab 07 calender, a hot street VX calender, a offroad rig VX calender, and action shot VX calender, etc..."

Another thought...could each individual calendar be customized? Maybe have a collection of 100 photos, and then let each customer select the 12 they prefer for their calendar. Can CafePress do that?

And, even a wilder thought...how about a nice hard-bound 'coffee table' book with a collection of VX photos and review articles from the magazines. You know, one of those that you see in the book stores, about 15 X 10 inches, for $9.95 (on sale).

I realize that the book would be a more difficult task. But, when I am sitting in the retirement home and the grandkids come to visit, and I start talking about my VX, I'll have pictures to show... :cool:

creeg
03/01/2007, 09:56 AM
Its March 1st: time to flip the VX Calendar to a new month!

:)

AlaskaVX
03/07/2007, 10:09 PM
Holly cow it's been a long time since I have been on the net..... I got cut off at work LMAO... anyway... finally getting to order one. Thanks for all the work put into it to get it done! :supercool