PDA

View Full Version : Got My Brand New Used Replacement VX

Mark Miller
01/28/2007, 06:15 PM
Finally got my replacement VX this week:

http://markalexandermiller.com/Vehicross_Silver_Front.jpg

Now to do everything I had already done to my other VX plus the things I didn't get to.
Couple Highlights:
Paint the Cladding.
Sub Install: (in the spare tire, retaining the spare tire.)
Hood scoop, Older Celica.

k4tmc
01/28/2007, 06:37 PM
Mark,

Looks nice! Did you get it from someone here on the forum?

I would like to hear more about the sub inside the spare tire. I was thinking of that also, but had not come up with a good solution yet. I was also considering a small thin powered sub under the driver seat, but want to put a CD changer there also.

Henry

Kenny
01/28/2007, 07:32 PM
Finally got my replacement VX this week:

Now to do everything I had already done to my other VX plus the things I didn't get to.
Couple Highlights:
Paint the Cladding.
Sub Install: (in the spare tire, retaining the spare tire.)
Hood scoop, Older Celica.

Nice going!

I was once looking at shallow woofers for the spare tire area while trying to keep the spare. (i.e. Blaupunkt ODw1000, Earthquake SWS...) If you make a fiberglass box that goes into the spare spokes and possibly replace the wheel cover, you might just be able to keep the spare...

But I gave up the idea once I decided I wanted a full size spare, then took out the tire and made a box for an ODW1200 shallow woofer.

Also, are you talking about the Gen 5 Turbo Celica for hood scoop? I had a '91 AWD Turbo Celica with the stock hood scoop and grilles - I loved that look!! I have been trying to figure out how to get that look for the VX, grilles and scoop.. Good Luck!

Ldub
01/28/2007, 07:54 PM
Well Done...glad to see you back in a VX so soon...& SUCH a nice color ! ;)

biju
01/28/2007, 07:58 PM
congrats. Ditto what dub said! :clap: :clap:

-biju

nbvolks
01/28/2007, 08:14 PM
I don't know how you'd get the ST185 (aka:Celica All-trac) scoop on there since the bulbous part of the scoop is an integrated part of the hood itself. Only the inlet lip is a separate piece. You'd have to do a lot of metal grafting to get it done right and complete.

Mark Miller
01/28/2007, 08:51 PM
Thanks guys, Glad to be back so soon.
I started looking at a lot of pickup trucks and I decided I was not going to be happy with anything else but another VX.

On the sub, just a small one. 10" (i've gotten older and deaf from the old days)
Part fiberglass, part wood.
I have the amp and speaker ready.

On the scoop, using the hood insert, they make a universal scoop :) styled after the celica:
http://www.spoilers.com/images/access/hspa259a.jpg

Here is some photo shop fun, with kinda the look.
http://www.markalexandermiller.com/VXPhotoChop.jpg

ZEUS
01/29/2007, 09:28 AM
So what ended up happening to your last VX... after the accident I mean? Is it for sale, in a junk yard,...? VX recyclers want to know!

PHO2GR4
01/29/2007, 12:02 PM
Hi Mark,

Congratulations on the new VX! It is a BEAUTY!

Where DID you find that one?

You know, it just goes to show you: The Vehicross looks great in ANY color. How many other SUVs can you say that about?

PHO2GR4
01/29/2007, 12:03 PM
PS: As a reminder, next time, go AROUND the deer.
:p

nfpgasmask
01/29/2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, that's a good question! It makes me sad to think that your perfect Ebony tailgate is going to get scraped while mine has a huge dent in it :(

Bart

So what ended up happening to your last VX... after the accident I mean? Is it for sale, in a junk yard,...? VX recyclers want to know!

kpaske
01/29/2007, 04:22 PM
Welcome back!!! You weren't gone but a minute, you must like us! ;Db;

Ruflyf
01/29/2007, 06:27 PM
Grats

Mark Miller
01/31/2007, 10:33 AM
I'm loving my new VX,
Seems faster than my black VX. (when it wasn't wrecked)

I found this one at a dealership in Jacksonville FL.

My old VX is going to a salvage auction, so no crusher for it.

PS: The deer sausage is great, and I have a nice set of 12 point antlers hanging on the wall.

VehiGAZ
01/31/2007, 11:44 AM
I'd say you definitely got the last laugh on this deal, Mark...

The deer may have gotten your beautiful VX, but you got a faster one, a nice wall hanging, and the singular, particular, oh-so-unique satisfaction of being able to sit back and contemplate the situation... as you consume the flesh of thine enemy. :-)

Cheers to you, Mark! I'm glad you're back!