PDA

View Full Version : Jackson-Barrett Auto Auction

Mark B
01/25/2007, 03:22 PM
Anyone been watching the Jackson-Barrett Auto Auction from Scottsdale, AZ on cable TV? I wish I had some of my old cars from the early 70's. Can't believe some of the auction prices. I did not see any VX's in the auction. I hope that one day they will be a collectors item and we will all be rich.

Bimati
01/25/2007, 04:00 PM
Watched all 40 televised hours. Have gone to it a couple of times, owned a couple of the muscle cars....love all things auto/bike related (except NASCAR). :eek:

rowhard
01/25/2007, 04:01 PM
Yes, and no kinding about having past cars. Did you see where the super snake went for a cool 5 mil? Anyone here old enough to remember Bill Cosby's 200mph Lp in 68? Same car.

rowhard
01/25/2007, 04:04 PM
NASCAR is okay, it's the cookie cutter tracks being built that is the problem. Live, it might be great, but on TV, except for a half dozen tracks like Bristol, forget it, rather garden, AND I HATE GARDENING!!! I say pave over it and paint it green, or cover it in rocks.

Chopper
01/25/2007, 04:45 PM
, Formula1- WRC- LeMans-CART, yes-no nascar-no irl- No roundy rounds unless it is in the dirt- asphalt ovals kinda bore me. Barrett Jackson... we were there till late Saturday. We sold what we brought, in the yard... a '37 Ford Cabriolet sittin on a late 80's 5 litre Mustang platform... nice piece... "54 chevy Travelall (Suburban) stock and running, solid old truck... and a friends '66 Mustang convertable. We should have two for the south Fla. sale in April. The elves are working overtime. I did not see one VX the entire trip. That is a looong drive. We're gonna do a VX. Promise. Maybe this comming year. Just gotta work it in the time frame. My brain is squirming with ideas...probably none of which you guys will approve (more rocket-less rockclimber) Wayne

Beavertractors
01/26/2007, 02:27 AM
Nascar is cool live. I went to my first live one last spring in Ricmond.We got to meet the Orange county chopper guys. We had lunch with the tow truck drivers. We even seen the King (Richard Petty)and his sons close up.One of the guys I brought with me peed with Kasey Kane,Made his day ;) Drag racing is wht I like,Nostolga super stock and old Gassers are the best.I got to see Dyno Don running 10's at 80 something years old in a recreated 64 comet super stock.Wheels up and a smile on his face. Tony B

Bimati
01/26/2007, 05:10 AM
I see I have hijacked the thread with a NASCAR discussion...oops. ;)

Gotta agree that NASCAR has a great following, and has been good to fill a motorsports gap here in the good ol US of A.

Coming from someone who has spent some time on the track, my personal preference is road course racing (left AND right turns)...I don't understand circles/ovals. To each his own.

My personal favorite, and my vacation destination this summer: The Isle of Man TT races (motorcycles), celebrating 100 years this summer!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 mile laps around the island, through towns, over bridges with 200mph straights!!!!!! Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NxSgxU3wdos

Bim

JAFO
01/26/2007, 01:42 PM
I was there! But disappointed in the lack of european exotics. There where three Ferraris and that was it. I was hoping to see a Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, TVR, Bugatti Veyron.

But no, only three 80's Ferraris.

This year was practically all Detroit muscle.

There was a drifting show with three Mustangs.

How about the Fiat Jolly, beach car, that went for over $80K.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/staging/carlist/items/FullSize/Cars/44342/44342_Front_3-4.jpg

IndianaVX
01/26/2007, 09:21 PM
[QUOTE=Bimati]I see I have hijacked the thread with a NASCAR discussion...oops. ;)

yeah, i was reading post about the auction, then i was like, "what is this guy talking about, NASCAR, kasy kahne......he must think hes replying to another post".......

ANYWAY, back to the subject........kinda.....dont you realize, the vehicross is

ALREADY A CLASSIC COLLECTORS ITEM!!!! it was collectors item imediatly after it rolled off the line........

rant over.....;)

david

WormGod
01/29/2007, 07:53 AM
*sigh*

Thats what I am talking about.... they will show stuff like THIS, but they wont show WRC. They can all kiss my grits.

I guess the only thing better than watching cars race.... is watching old, rich, white people race to spend tons of money on cars, hahahaha.

blacksambo
01/29/2007, 03:25 PM
In case you missed it; last year Motor Trend already proclaimed the VX a future classic.