PDA

View Full Version : Prepping for Moab

Anita
05/06/2003, 10:12 AM
Got my tow strap and water, CB radio works, maps are all marked...

Vacuumed the truck.. Turtle wax 2000'd the cladding and interior plastic area. Lexol'd the leather till its all slippery and clean inside. Put together my VX beauty box of cleaning/waxing items with various cloths for drying and polishing...

Got the oil changed and tire rotation last Friday and they found an oil leak in the transfer case. Taking it back this week for repair under waranty.

All on schedule for Moab.

VX crazy
05/06/2003, 10:35 AM
What about bathroom tissue??? lol

Anita
05/06/2003, 11:13 AM
I figured that my room at the Ramada might provide that luxury...;Dr;

SPAZZ
05/06/2003, 12:09 PM
Kinda funny, reminds me of when in Thailand....we took a road trip to Bangkok....along the way every one made fun of for wearing my "Fag Pack"(fanny sack)....talking trash the whole way....we made a pit stop to let every one use the restrooms....I went(no2)....good thing I had my trust toilet paper in my "Fag Sack"....I hovered wiped and done....all around me I could here screams of disgust and dismay....there was no toilet paper...just a big metal bin filled with a murky brown water and a sponge that at one time looked like it was yellow, but now black......when back on the bus and every one was telling their horror stories....then they had to bag on someone so they went back to my"Fag Sack" again....so, then I just say gee don't you wish you had your "Fag Sack" filled with toilet paper....;Dp; it was so funny to hear the screams, shouts, and yelling....they were all so mad....

Green Dragon
05/06/2003, 01:23 PM
Actually a small container of Moist Towelettes is a good thing to carry at Moab or anywhere for that matter..

Best Steak I ever ate was at Vinny's Hideway in Korat, Thailand.
( Might have been Water Buffalo)Too Bad I had to return to Da Nang & C Rations.

SPAZZ
05/06/2003, 03:37 PM
Hey, even the Thai people stay away from their beef, unless it was imported. It was probably dog. All I can say is that dog tastes like dog. Not chicken, not anything else. It has one of those very distinct flavors. I ate the beef in Thailand and got food poisoning.
I love all the rest of Thai food though....and those 2 hour $6 massages.....;Dp;

Green Dragon, I emailed you and pm'd you. If you could read & respond thanks.

Jesper
05/06/2003, 04:40 PM
Yeah yeah I know you have already been looking, but for the rest of us who had not....

Saturday 5/10
Some sun; breezy in the p.m.
High 63° F / Low 40° F

Sunday 5/11
Mostly sunny
High 70° F / Low 44° F

Monday 5/12
Sunshine and some clouds
High 75° F / Low 48° F

Tuesday 5/13
Partly sunny
High 78° F / Low 51° F

Wednesday 5/14
Sunny and warm
High 86° F / Low 46° F

Thursday 5/15
Sunshine
High 84° F / Low 55° F

Friday 5/16
Partly sunny and warm
High 87° F / Low 53° F

Saturday 5/17
Sunshine and warm
High 86° F / Low 55° F

Sunday 5/18
Mostly sunny and warm
High 87° F / Low 56° F

Keep smiling

Jesper

BumbleV-X
05/06/2003, 05:20 PM
Just look at those temps.... mid to high 80's all week. Bring the sun glasses :)

Washing, waxing, and detailing the truck on Saturday. Still overcast and drizzling here today. Slow leak in tire has to be fixed. Axel needs some work. Back seat to be taken out. Best cd's to get put in(maybe it will work this time). That truck will be packed and ready to go by Sunday night.

The best part of today is that it's one day closer to MOAB!

Hey Anita..... I'll bring the Cabana Boy! Tone will have a blast teasing him. lol

SPAZZ
05/06/2003, 06:40 PM
Sounds like you women are gonna have house boys instead of 4wheeling, hope you enjoy your Coco.;eekp;

BumbleV-X
05/06/2003, 07:59 PM
We're talking Cabana boy, not house boys, and who said anything about cocco? It's gonna be hot in Moab.... we need slushy margarita's served with umbrella's!
This would all be done pool side AFTER a hard day of 4wheeling. Who's bringing the blender? I'm thinking our makeshift Cabana boy is going to protest.

Anita, we might need a back up Cabana boy. Tone? How are you at making Margarita's?

SPAZZ
05/06/2003, 09:18 PM
Actually Coco is his name and Cabana boy is his game...So, hope some one brings the blender (most importantly the booze & mix)!!!

See you all there in Moab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita
05/07/2003, 09:14 AM
Went to dealer and checked again for transfer case leak... no leak.. all is good. The baby has a clean bill of health.

BumbleV-X
05/07/2003, 07:52 PM
I washed the truck and cleaned the wheel wells out. It looked soooo pretty...... then.... yup, you guessed it.... It rained. Guess I'm back to a Saturday plan.

SPAZZ
05/07/2003, 09:28 PM
So that's why it rained:mad: how dare you wash your V;eekp;