PDA

View Full Version : Louisville, KY

Y33TREKker
01/21/2007, 02:39 PM
Just curious whether anyone from VX.info actually lives in or near Louisville. If so, what do you like about it? Dislike?

I've received a job offer there, and am just curious about it's different aspects.

Whatever thoughts you may think helpful would be appreciated.

JHarris1385
01/21/2007, 08:33 PM
I live on the "sunny side" of Louisville, in southern Indiana. Not sure what type of neighborhood setting you would be looking for, and that has a lot to do with of course your surroundings. Honestly Louisville has almost everything you need, including a great night life for all ages that is on the rise (4thStreet Live). If your a sports fan we have a great college football program and slacking college b-ball team as of this year. Also we have the sister team of the Cincy Reds, the Louisville Bats. On same note we have one of the largest outdoor skate parks and the first to have a full loop. Louisville also offers a the great waterfront park with numerous activities. AND MOST OF ALLLL THUNDER OF LOUISVILLE, the nations largest fireworks display. As well as Churchill Downs host of the most famous horse race THE KENTUCKY DERBY. Over all it is a great city, lots of oppurtunities, and if you dont want to live in the town you can easily get away from all of that by living in numerous nearby towns or across the river like I do with 3+ acres of land and still get to the bridge in 15 minutes. Its a great town. Ask any question about you want and I or someone else will do my best. I know of a few VX'ers in the area.

JRH

Y33TREKker
01/21/2007, 09:22 PM
I live on the "sunny side" of Louisville, in southern Indiana.JRH

Sunny side? I suppose all cities/towns have them, but does that mean there's also the obligatory not-so-sunny side? If so, where might that be?

And just out of curiosity, living across the river in southern IN like you do, have you ever noticed a change in dialect that occurs just by driving across the bridge into KY? I spent some time in Evansville, IN, and was always amazed at the change that occured just by crossing the river into Henderson.

IndianaVX
01/21/2007, 10:02 PM
i was delivering a piece of furniture i built, just over the border, and stopped for gas.
the lady asked about my accent?!? i said i was from indiana.
the ladys only response was..."im sorry" as she handed me my change.

@%$&*@# kentukyuns..............lol

Ldub
01/21/2007, 10:25 PM
Now that there's funny...I don't care who yar. ;)

Y33TREKker
01/21/2007, 10:59 PM
i was delivering a piece of furniture i built, just over the border, and stopped for gas.
the lady asked about my accent?!? i said i was from indiana.
the ladys only response was..."im sorry" as she handed me my change.

@%$&*@# kentukyuns..............lol

Along with the gas, did you pick up a bottle of swayt tay (KY translation = sweet tea) for the drive home? Them southerners sure do like themz some swayt tay!

:)

nfpgasmask
01/22/2007, 08:59 AM
Well, you will only be 40 minutes from the Knob Creek Range! There pretty much isn't a better shooting range around there, and you can go to the machine gun shoot twice a year ;) Plus there are always conventions there to attend as well. I used to drive down to Louisville from Chicago at least twice a year for various events...this year will be the first year I miss SOS and National Gun Day in 6 years.

Bart

PS - Shawnee National Forrest is very, very pretty. But last time I was there, my poor dog got infested with ticks :(

Just curious whether anyone from VX.info actually lives in or near Louisville. If so, what do you like about it? Dislike?

I've received a job offer there, and am just curious about it's different aspects.

Whatever thoughts you may think helpful would be appreciated.

Y33TREKker
01/23/2007, 04:10 PM
Any recommendations for sight-seeing? I'm going to spend a day on the job there in town to get a better idea what it would require, and I plan on spending a little time driving around to see what's up. I doubt I'll have much time to do anything else or I'd suggest meeting up with some of you. Who knows though, maybe I'll end up having quite a bit of time there in the near future...

In the meantime, what are some things to see to give me an idea of Louisville flavah?