PDA

View Full Version : bang headlights

zadam123
01/18/2007, 02:47 PM
all of a sudden my left headlight went out so i tapped it on the glass and it went back on, seems like this happens all the time now. I dont think its a loose connection since when i shook the wires it didnt go on but when i tapped the glass it did.

Do i need a new light bulb or is it a short?

adam

nfpgasmask
01/18/2007, 02:53 PM
Well, from the looks of your avatar, it seems there might be some water in there!!! ;)

Sorry, I'm not much of a help...

Bart

all of a sudden my left headlight went out so i tapped it on the glass and it went back on, seems like this happens all the time now. I dont think its a loose connection since when i shook the wires it didnt go on but when i tapped the glass it did.

Do i need a new light bulb or is it a short?

adam

2K1 1K2
01/18/2007, 03:04 PM
i would recheck the connections and ensure that the bulb's 3 prongs are completely 'covered' (connected) to the harness.

may, in fact, be the bulb itself. the filament may be lettin' you know it's time for a change.

-jose

Bulldoggie
01/18/2007, 03:12 PM
the bulb filament is probibly broken, tapping makes the broken ends touch breifly making a cuircut.
I would try replacing the bulb. try the bulb from the other headlight if you want to check the wires before spending money on a new bulb.
warning= do not touch bulb with bare fingers.

Bimati
01/18/2007, 03:19 PM
Agree with the filament. Just changed mine....easy.

Bim

Joe Isuzu
01/18/2007, 07:06 PM
I had the same problem with the light in my horn in the headlight, honestly I didn't even notice there were separate mini-lights up there anyway until a week or so after I had my VX, however, it is easy to replace and I went to Pepboys for my bulb, if you are referring to your actual low beam headlight and not the horn then I imagine that should be pretty easy as well

IndianaVX
01/18/2007, 10:17 PM
have to agree with the filiment thought.

david