PDA

View Full Version : By popular demand - Pics of my '99 Ebony

PHO2GR4
01/16/2007, 12:49 AM
I finally got a few photos of my 'new' VX uploaded. There are three "before" shots in my gallery, so that I can compare my "after" shots after the lift, the roof rack, the wheels and tires, etc.

Frankly, she looks pretty good as-is! I didn't even have a chance to wash her before the photo shoot!

I'll take some more photographs after the upgrades...here's one of the gallery photos:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/vxb43.jpg

PHO2GR4
01/16/2007, 12:55 AM
Here's another view:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/vxb41.jpg

kpaske
01/16/2007, 07:54 AM
Wow... that's what a stock VX looks like... I almost forgot! ;Db;

Where did you take the shot from? If there was ever another clear day in Seattle, that would be a great spot to do a VX lineup shot.

blacksambo
01/16/2007, 08:24 AM
It looks great. We have an ebony also and find that it looks much nicer without the roof rack. It looks more pure design. Our silver one however looks better with the rack. I think it has something to do with balancing the dark light areas and the rack on top frames the lines better.

nfpgasmask
01/16/2007, 09:20 AM
Sweet dude. Looks nice. I can't wait to see it once you get the new rubber on there. Are you still thinking AR Teflon Chambers?

Bart

biju
01/16/2007, 09:35 AM
Beautiful backdrop. I smell some candidates for a 2008 calendar?... very nice.

-biju.

etlsport
01/16/2007, 09:47 AM
very nice!.. im mildly miffed i didnt hold out for an ebony or firefox.. but you know.. i love my vx

lol biju... at this rate the 2008 calendar will be one of those page-a-day desktop calendars

PHO2GR4
01/16/2007, 10:05 AM
Wow... that's what a stock VX looks like... I almost forgot! ;Db;

Where did you take the shot from? If there was ever another clear day in Seattle, that would be a great spot to do a VX lineup shot.

These shots were taken in the parking lot of Salty's Restaurant, in West Seattle, about 10 seconds before sunset.

There's a boat launch nearby that we used many years ago for a NW VX Meet Group Photo...until the cops kicked us out! Anybody else remember that?

PHO2GR4
01/16/2007, 10:06 AM
Sweet dude. Looks nice. I can't wait to see it once you get the new rubber on there. Are you still thinking AR Teflon Chambers?

Bart

Thinking? THINKING?

According to UPS, they're being delivered today. We've got a LOT of snow and ice on the hill today, though, so if they can't make it, they'll hopefully deliver tomorrow.

Woo hoooooooo!!!!!

PHO2GR4
01/16/2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks blacksambo, biju and etlsport.

I agree about the contrasting areas helping the overall look of the VX. I've ordered a front skidplate from Vehicrossconcepts in Kaiser Silver for that very reason! I might also get one of those silver Thule roof racks.

And biju, for the calendar I'd have to wash and wax the Ebony and then be REALLY picky about its position and "attitude". I will make it a mission in life to get a photo in next year's calendar, though! ;)

Techy-D
01/16/2007, 11:34 AM
Cool shots! You just gave me an idea for a fun licence plate. Just change your plate #'s into WSH. After all it is a WAsHington WAX plate! :p

PHO2GR4
01/16/2007, 12:56 PM
But...but...I've already ORDERED a personalized plate!

:p

I'll be sure to unveil it when it arrives. Just trying to be mysterious, here...

Until then, the "WAX" plate stares me in the face every day, making me feel guilty for NOT waxing the VX.

Ldub
01/16/2007, 01:05 PM
She shore looks purdy...

Cain't wait to see what's next...

PHO2GR4
01/16/2007, 07:12 PM
Well, here's a preview:
1) American Racing Chambers 16x8 (Teflon) wheels
2) Yokohama Geolandar HT/S 275/70/16 tires
3) Rancho RS9000x shocks
4) OME 913 coil springs
5) Braided steel brake lines
6) Greasable poly bushings
7) OEM racks
8) MacNeil WeatherTech Rainguards
9) Clay bar + Zaino treatment
10) Cladding treatment
11) Steam clean carpets
12) Lexol Neatsfoot Leather conditioner
13) Shawn's "Psychos2" rear-door subwoofer enclosure, CDT Audio 10" sub, Memphis Audio amplifier
14) RAAMmat sound deadener.
15) VX Concepts front skidplate

The good news? I already have all of these items in my possession except for the Rancho Shocks, the skidplate and the RAAMmat.

Close! So close! I might get a Morgan-Tec muffler and Tone's rear hitch next...

It's Christmas in January!