PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I did that!!

VXNIT
01/15/2007, 01:19 PM
I was just changing fluid in front diff and the blue cap from the Mobil 1 bottle went into diff. I cannot drain it because the cap is bigger that drain opening..What now!!!!!!!!!What a stupid human trick........Any suggestions...Isuzu said dont worry it we be chewed up...Please advise..

Y33TREKker
01/15/2007, 01:22 PM
How about one of those retractable claw parts-picker-uppers? You might get lucky and snag it.

Tobert
01/15/2007, 01:28 PM
Don't worry it'll get chewed up ...

What? The diff or the cap or both?

But they're right. That plastic cap has virtually no chance of causing any harm to your diff. You could always drive it lightly, until the cap is pureed then drain it again. It would certainly be less work than pulling the diff apart - I've had my front diff out and don't want to do it again any time soon.

kpaske
01/15/2007, 01:29 PM
Can you actually see the cap in the drain hole? If so, you might be able to manipulate some forceps or another cutting device to cut the cap in half and remove it in two parts.

nfpgasmask
01/15/2007, 01:42 PM
I know this might sound stupid, but what if you suck on the hole with a shop vac and see if it sucks the cap? Or at least sucks it close enough to the hole that you can grab it with some nipping shears or something?

Just a thought.

Bart

kpaske
01/15/2007, 02:27 PM
I know this might sound stupid, but what if you suck on the hole with a shop vac and see if it sucks the cap? Or at least sucks it close enough to the hole that you can grab it with some nipping shears or something?Hey, I don't know about a shop vac, but I'd bet a PELA 650 Oil Extractor (or something similar) would grab it. You'd suck a bunch of your diff fluid out, but if the PELA is brand new (or VERY clean!) you could pour it right back in, plus they're great for oil changes. ;Db;

WILLY
01/16/2007, 02:05 AM
I Would Go With Tobert's Advice,it Sounds Like The Best Way To Do It,that Is Probably What I Would Have Come Up With.