PDA

View Full Version : I love this truck

Dumke
01/15/2007, 07:26 AM
Man I am loving the truck more and more each day. Oh everyone that iced over hope you made it into work ok. Myself I cant wait to get off work and have some fun on the ice. This is first time I have been in ice in this truck and I absolutely love it. I feel completly safe in this car, almost invincable. My only kryptonite is people behind me when stoping @ a stop. Why? Because they aint driving a vx as well. Crash boom bang. Luckly in texas people are scared of stuff so not many people out which is good for me.

Anyways hope everyone is safe out there.

Man 5:30 cant get here soon enough.

VXD959
01/15/2007, 08:33 AM
I feel completly safe in this car, almost invincable. .

Dumke,

Please be extremely careful! For your safety and the others.

One of my best friends just lost his daugther on January 01 in a terrible traffic accident here in Houston. A drunk driver hit her car (head on collision) going the wrong way on the Westpark toll road!

With freezing rain and possible sleet / ice on the roads...things can get really messy!

Wait and play in the mud...is more fun and less risky!

nfpgasmask
01/15/2007, 08:39 AM
Yeah, as good as the VX is on the snow and ice, you do have to be cautious. I am used to driving in lots of snow, being from Chicago, but Reno is a whole different story. They really don't plow or salt here, and the steep up and down grades make sliding when stopping very easy when going down hill. I was coasting out of my development after the first good snow we got, and I was only going about 20mph, and the hill wasn't even that steep, and I still slid into the intersection as I braked for the stop sign! Luckily, no one was on the road, but you get the idea. Even with new BFG A/Ts, you have to be careful.

But don't get me wrong, get that VX into an empty lot, and its donut time!

Bart

Dumke
01/15/2007, 09:23 AM
But don't get me wrong, get that VX into an empty lot, and its donut time!

Bart

Exactly what i was thinking or down a strip in neighboorhood that has no houses because its a newer area.

I would in no way be unsafe. I am very careful. I mean I dont want to wreck my truck then I would be without one. Plus insurance on it is high enough. I was saying invicable as a figure of speech to follow up by people ramming into back of me was all just a figure of speech. I want everyone to be careful. thats why I cant wait to get off @ 530 so I can goto walmart and play or on that strip of road by my house. Free from all houses and cars :) its all abotu being safe and thank you for your concern. but really nothing stupid here i promise have two kids to live for.

Speaking of insurance tho sort of changing subject I am still wondering how some people on here ahve 2-3 vx's. I mean insurance on 2 would basically pay for a 3rd.

edit:: Sorry daniel to hear that news man. but I promise you I am safe .

nfpgasmask
01/15/2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah, I have Liberty Mutual. Insurance was cheaper in Illinois for me. Out here in Reno it went up about $30/month. But they say its because of the gambling and the "human desperation" it causes. I guess there are a lot of car thefts and break ins here.

Bart

Exactly what i was thinking or down a strip in neighboorhood that has no houses because its a newer area.

I would in no way be unsafe. I am very careful. I mean I dont want to wreck my truck then I would be without one. Plus insurance on it is high enough. I was saying invicable as a figure of speech to follow up by people ramming into back of me was all just a figure of speech. I want everyone to be careful. thats why I cant wait to get off @ 530 so I can goto walmart and play or on that strip of road by my house. Free from all houses and cars :) its all abotu being safe and thank you for your concern. but really nothing stupid here i promise have two kids to live for.

Speaking of insurance tho sort of changing subject I am still wondering how some people on here ahve 2-3 vx's. I mean insurance on 2 would basically pay for a 3rd.

edit:: Sorry daniel to hear that news man. but I promise you I am safe .

Knigh7s
01/15/2007, 09:44 AM
But they say its because of the gambling and the "human desperation" it causes. I guess there are a lot of car thefts and break ins here.

Bart

Ha! Try down here in Vegas! bleh. what I hate the most is when I park way in the back away from everyone else, come back out someone decided to park next to me, 50 other empty spots, and they just had to nick the side cladding with there door!! bleh!

Back to topic, ya it was supposed to snow here, some parts got it, but most didnt. Im thinking about hitting the mountains though. or not... :(

Dumke
01/15/2007, 10:34 AM
Ha! Try down here in Vegas! bleh. what I hate the most is when I park way in the back away from everyone else, come back out someone decided to park next to me, 50 other empty spots, and they just had to nick the side cladding with there door!! bleh!
:(

Well its another battle wound ya it sucks. For some reason every since I got the truck when people do park next to me they park crooked. I was telling a buddy of mine that I was going to get a bunch of lexus buisness cars and on back of card write learn to "freaking park" and stick teh card under thier wiper.

WormGod
01/15/2007, 11:05 AM
Just remember, on ice, 4 wheels spinning is worse than 2. The only thing that works well on ice is a whiskey. ;)

Do be careful. The VX is not invincible.

IndianaVX
01/15/2007, 07:54 PM
Well, i just gotta tell you, i feel the same way. i cant wait to get in the snow with my truck!!! actually, it did snow here for 43 seconds today, really, and i was out in the middle of it, but not enough accumulation in those 43 seconds for any "testing".....
then it started raining again...........*sigh* .......stupid Al Gore, he invented global warming ya know......or was that the internet???? hmmmm
be careful out there
david

Dumke
01/15/2007, 10:02 PM
Well thank you for all your concern I was saying invicable as a figure of speech I know anything can happen I just feels afer in this vx than 5 other cars I have had.

Well no playing because ice went away. I knew i shoulda gotten up earlier. <sigh> o well.