PDA

View Full Version : Cingular:: iphone

Dumke
01/09/2007, 03:07 PM
Well I just got my blackjack maybe less than a month ago or so and what do I get in my company email....

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Man this thing looks cool. Havent read all specs yet but did read its on gsm appose to 3g which will have to look a little further into that but none the less. Dam technology for comming out with new stuff lol.

Edit: Sorry jut realize the heading needed to be more specific. My apologies :) Hope that fixed it if not all well.

biju
01/09/2007, 03:17 PM
too bad Cingular blows goats for service (please take no offense... there's bad blood).

I'm a diehard apple guy - but so disappointed in their choice for service provider.

-biju.

Anita
01/09/2007, 03:18 PM
I was just reading about it on the apple website when you posted. Very interesting! I was considering the Blackjack, but now I just may wait.

Dumke
01/09/2007, 03:24 PM
Hey everyone has thier own opinion on things thats why we live in this greta country we live in. I have cingular beause I get some what of a discount so well I am a cheap-o and why not. SO biju why the hate... well anger? feel free that or can pm me I am instrested. Maybe something can be fixed. Working for the phone company alot of people get upset or frustrated because someone wont take time to sit down and figure out how to reslove or dont ask questions. I dont know answers to everything ok well hardly anything but maybe I can help. Course there are some people that were wronged and its understandable. But no worries biju I in no way take offense its one's own opinion.

EDIT::: o and anita I love my blackjack dont get me wrong but I am a electronic junkie. Gotta have gotta have. course within my wallets means but still. Also I will never again go without a qwerty keyboard again :)

biju
01/09/2007, 03:32 PM
But no worries biju I in no way take offense its one's own opinion.

I probably came off too harsh...

First, the apple phone is crazy nice - and I can see myself owning one someday. (when it's available to other providers!) Second, I understand totally about the Qwerty keyboard! I (seemingly) can't live without it these days...

Didn't mean to hijack your thread about this cool Apple phone... but I feel all wireless phone companies blow/suck (take your pick - whichever is less offensive).

Cingular just happens to be at the very bottom of my doodoo list for various reasons (too many to get into).

Thanks for understanding - and not getting upset at my opinion. On the other hand, i DARE anybody to have a negative opinion about the iPhone (let the discussion continue, and opinions FLY!!!)...

-biju.

creeg
01/09/2007, 03:38 PM
I want one, but Im waiting for them to release version 2.0, so all the bugs are worked out. Also, I dont have $600 to spare for a new phone, and wont have it in June either.

Im spending on my Vehicross instead.

Dumke
01/09/2007, 03:47 PM
sorry to spam my own thread... anyways Yeah I saw the 599 price sticker but like all cell phone companies I hope that is and outright buy it price not one with a contract. But here is for hoping if not then here is for waiting till price comes down.

Yes all cell phone companies suck as do other companies always wanting ur dollar.

Since we are all friends here I got one for ya biju... APPLE SUCKS... Man want to talk about a rip man the whoel ipod thing and well ipod this ipod that and only works with ipod and if you want something added then buy more ipod stuff along with the ipod only ear plugs so u can listen to ur ipod only songs blah de blah.....

Sorry went over board adn j/k btw. Hell apple knows what they are doing smart folks. I just havent been hooked into the ipod crazy yet right now stuck with my iriver.. LOL sorry couldnt resist the above paragraph. All in good fun

EDIT:: A.D.D I always remember sometrhing after the fact. Ya it is a crazy nice phone

kpaske
01/09/2007, 04:25 PM
Biju, do you think you just got a raw deal, or is Cingular really worse than the other guys? The reason I'm asking is because I've been using Sprint for many years because I've been on a corporate plan and get a really good price break, but I really want an unlocked GSM network phone so I can purchase SIM cards when I travel overseas. I believe my only choices are AT&T, Cingular, and T-Mobile. I don't use my phone heavily - just for quick calls here and there usually - and I've really not had any complaints about Sprint in all the years I've used them.

As for the topic of this thread, well, I must say that I'm a little turned off to just about anything with an "i" in front of it these days. Branding is just a way to charge you more. I'm nearly as happy with my newest generic $15 MP3 Player/Bluetooth Headset/Flashdrive thing-a-ma-snot as I was with my $125 Rio Cali when I bought it over 2 years ago. That iPhone looks pretty snazzy and all, but the Palm Treo PDA's have been doing nearly the same thing for years, and these days you can pick up a Treo 650 for next to nothing (I think I saw them free after rebate before XMas). And that's my opinion. ;Db;

etlsport
01/09/2007, 04:33 PM
i did enjoy working on my macs at my old job, but after a recent experience at an apple store.. i wont be buying anything apple for a long long time

Anita
01/09/2007, 05:00 PM
Im a Sprint subscriber and way past the contract term so I could stay or go. Cant complain about Sprints service - its been okay. But since they merged with Nextel I think they have overextended themselves. Service technology seems to lag behind and they are the last operator to offer any new cool phones that pop up on the horizon. I've been seriously considering bying an unlocked phone.

garfull
01/09/2007, 06:28 PM
i wouldnt be able to afford one of these. but looks like this phone is going to be the one that changes the whole industry. i bet the camera still sucks. i have yet to find a camera phone where the camera was decent or lasted.

Dumke
01/09/2007, 07:04 PM
OK I suck @ the whole quote crap so will go my own route. There are posatives and negatives to cell carriers. Also wont be att and cingular anymore not sure when name change but suppose to. I guess should read my emails more :) .

Anyways as far as the sprint/next merger I havent heard mant bad things with thier service I always thought they were up there with verizon... Guess you would be the 1st person I have heard that has thier service but I am sure everyone has thier problems.

As far as the "i" well teh iriver gets a bad rap because of "I" pod. "I" would just like a peice of cake myself or a scumchise(sp) cookie.

As far as cell phones I coulda swore there was a cell phone that had a bigger than a 2.0 megapixel camera which is on my blackjack which actually takes really good pictures. I know the verizon "Q" has a flash with its camera. But like someone on a prievious post said doesnt want and "swiss army knife" for a device. Anyways A.D.D back and I forgot point....

MZ-N10
01/09/2007, 08:13 PM
cingular isnt all tat bad, ive been using them for over 5 years. as of right now theres only two companies tat offer sim cards, tmobile and cingular. i duno bout where u guys live but in the bay area, tmobile is pretty bad.

the iphone is a slick phone. its got touchscreen, wifi, edge, and quad band. the problem is IT WILL NOT HAVE 3G, and the price is a little steep.

if u really want a high quality camera phone look into the sony k800, nokia n93/70, or a sharp 903/904. i bought the sharp 903 and day pictures looks like it came from a camera. these phones will all have all the high tech stuff,3G, triband, email/txt, java, etc.

more stuff on the iphone (http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_announced_at_macworld-news-244.php) here

transio
01/09/2007, 08:41 PM
too bad Cingular blows goats for service (please take no offense... there's bad blood).Right there with ya. I dropped ALL my BellSouth services a couple years back. I was spending $200 a month with them, and a Cingular CSR and her supervisor had the balls to treat me like they didn't want or need my business...

"Oh, really? Okie dokie!" :cool: Cancelled all my BS services within a month.

Today, I have T-Mobile, whose CSRs treat me like a king, Comcast Internet, which is 6x as fast as my DSL was for $10 more, and no home phone line at all... who needs it? Skype anyone? :D

kpaske
01/10/2007, 08:45 AM
I was spending $200 a month with them, and a Cingular CSR and her supervisor had the balls to treat me like they didn't want or need my business...That's the problem with so many large organizations - losing "one" customer means nothing to them so consequently, everyone's service suffers. I applaud you for refusing to do business with them.

As far as the "i" well teh iriver gets a bad rap because of "I" pod.Oh yeah, I forgot about iRiver. I used to have an iRiver portable CD player that was great - it played CD-R's with MP3s, was firmware flashable, had an EQ, and all sorts of programmable settings. And this was about 3-1/2 years ago. Why they chose to ride the coat tails of the "i" syndrome is beyond me because their product stands up just fine on its own.

biju
01/10/2007, 09:05 AM
Biju, do you think you just got a raw deal, or is Cingular really worse than the other guys?

Some blow goats, others just blow... See?, there's a scale (biju's cell provider doodoo scale) and Cingular's on the bottom thus the identification of WHAT they blow.

Stuck in a two year contract, my service, on MY number, would always drop my call after 13 - 15 minutes into the call. Didn't matter where or when. They even had me try (purchase on my dime) three phones trying to fix their proplem with the service I got. No resolution. No customer service. Nobody cared about the business calls I had to endure where midsentence I'd drop off the face of the earth, having to call back every 13 - 15 minutes... sometimes for 2 hours calls! Funny thing is, when I'd call to complain about the issue THE CALL WOULD DROP! Only to call back to start over with my situation...! For two years.

Spoke to supervisors, CRS's, directors, managers, letters to the company..., etc. Nadda. For two years.

No effort, no refunds, no getting out of my contract, no, no, no, no... For two years.

(breathe...).

-biju.

Spike
01/10/2007, 09:26 AM
I was just reading about it on the apple website when you posted. Very interesting! I was considering the Blackjack, but now I just may wait.

I had a chance to demo a T-Mobile Dash a few weeks back ... They were trying to get us to buy them at work. I liked it because it ran the latest windows mobile... AND had WiFi built in. so i could use the browser at any hotspot without incurring data charges. Basically, its a little wider but shorter than the BlackJack, but has about the same functionality. I had to turn it back in a couple of weeks later - demo over :(

I have been with Cingular as my provider since the Comcast Metrophone & CellularOne days and dont see myself switching. Every other phone ive used for work (nextel, sprint, tmobile) has had horrible dropped calls and just plain weak signals here in the Philadelphia area.

This iPhone does seems l like a cool toy - Too bad I dont like iTunes... and too bad it doesnt have a full keyboard (almost a requirement for me )

Dumke
01/10/2007, 09:43 AM
edit:: pc double posted sorry. cant find out how to delete

Dumke
01/10/2007, 09:44 AM
Some blow goats, others just blow... See?, there's a scale (biju's cell provider doodoo scale) and Cingular's on the bottom thus the identification of WHAT they blow.

Stuck in a two year contract, my service, on MY number, would always drop my call after 13 - 15 minutes into the call. Didn't matter where or when. They even had me try (purchase on my dime) three phones trying to fix their proplem with the service I got. No resolution. No customer service. Nobody cared about the business calls I had to endure where midsentence I'd drop off the face of the earth, having to call back every 13 - 15 minutes... sometimes for 2 hours calls! Funny thing is, when I'd call to complain about the issue THE CALL WOULD DROP! Only to call back to start over with my situation...! For two years.

Spoke to supervisors, CRS's, directors, managers, letters to the company..., etc. Nadda. For two years.

No effort, no refunds, no getting out of my contract, no, no, no, no... For two years.

(breathe...).

-biju.

Well biju not only does it help me I wish I could have know you to try and help ya there good buddy. Its the site itself that is causing the problem not the phone. Well depends on what technology is in it. But now adays with all providers it isnt the phone but the location and condition of the cell site themselves that or what a certain company allows on it sell site. even more so cable and other equipment blah de blah blah blah. but thats whY i always have land line cant be a good ol fashioned land line :) But sorry for your mishap I am sure coulda been some way to fix your problem. I tell you what liek I said would be glad try and fix that problem if i can if i cant well @ least i tried :)

OK now that i got this quote thing down let me try a second one without posting new comment

and too bad it doesnt have a full keyboard (almost a requirement for me)

actually it does

http://www.apple.com/iphone/phone/

Bulldoggie
01/10/2007, 12:49 PM
Ilove Apple, and I love my Nano. I just bought a macbook pro for Xmas. HOT.
it even fits my laptop table.

I admit it is way over priced as laptops go. But hooking it up to your HDTV as an extended HD monitor = pricless.

The New phone with touch screen even allows you to pull up a text screen if you want. This type of tech phone is long overdue. Too cool for words.
an 8gig ipod touchscreen phone e-mail browser only 2 mgpixel camera wireless syncing video playing ...........

My problem is= I like my Nano for music
I like my laptop for computing (and video)
I like my digital camera for taking great easy to download high quality pictures.
And most of all I only want a cell phone for roadside help or long distance.

My most favorite cell phone is Nextels Military spec. i305.
after fumble dropping $450.00 motos that totaly destroy themselfs on impact,
just unclipping them from your belt.
The Nextel I dropped off the 10m platform onto concrete with no scratch!!!!
I also dropped it in the pool and it took me over 5 min. to fish it out.
I let it dry under a lamp for one day and it worked perfectly
To Me, that = high tech.

kpaske
01/10/2007, 03:17 PM
My most favorite cell phone is Nextels Military spec. i305...I wish they made more consumer electronics in a "military spec" version. Sometimes they will make a "sport" version, like my MP3 Player (Rio Cali). It has the rubber bumpers on the sides and is splash resistant. I want a PDA Phone like that.

geshaw30
01/11/2007, 04:21 PM
Gotta side with biju on this one. I have been with Cingular for about 6 months now and have NEVER had this many dropped calls & lousy reception with (believe it or not) Nextel.

Limit to how far I can complain though- it's a business phone
________
Crosman Airsoft Nightprowler Rifle Pistol (http://airsoft-shop.info/p/crosman-airsoft-nightprowler-rifle-pistol/)