PDA

View Full Version : Tigger Punches Child

Chopper
01/07/2007, 01:33 PM
Once again Tigger is embroiled in controversy. Video taken by the 14 year-olds father, (14!!) shows the boy and tiger putting their arm around each others shoulder, to pose for a picture. The kid appears to do something to the tigers back... the Tigger removes the kids arm and, POW! gives the little monster a what-for right in the face. Last year,Tigger was accused (and subsequently aquitted) of groping, and molesting a mother and daughter at Disney. It is fairly commonplace for the costumed characters to be assaulted by teens and kids alike, so common, they appear in the crowd with their own "low key" body guards. Mark one for the tiger! It's running on the news here, so check U tube. It is great! By the by... the 31year-old that plays Tigger, has been suspended...again :p :p :p

Joe Isuzu
01/07/2007, 06:02 PM
unfortunately, with our country's mindset the way it is the child will be portrayed as the poor innocent victim and Tigger as the awful adult
Granted if you play a mascot you should have more self-control than that, when I portrayed a mascot in the past you would have all numbers of kids trying to take your hands off, poke you in the eyes, knock you over and unzip your costume,
seeing as how the "victim" here was old enough to know better, I hope he doesn't esacpe scrutiny but I'm sure that all members of the family will be getting something free from Disney in the hopes of avoiding a lawsuit....

crager34
01/07/2007, 07:12 PM
Ok... I just watched that video and the father says that Tigger "clocked" his son. It is clear to me that the kid did something and Tigger wrapped up the kids arm that was behind him (Tigger) and then turned. Tigger's other hand (IMHO) accidentally hit the kid (barely) in the face. I say accidentially, because it doesn't look to me that he could see where the kids was exactly.

So, the hand in the face was a accident and the kid even admitted he was kidding around with Tigger. And the family is saying it ruined their vacation? SHUT UP!!

Y33TREKker
01/07/2007, 07:52 PM
Ok... I just watched that video and the father says that Tigger "clocked" his son...

He also said "for no reason", and the kid was clearly doing something at the time. I'm not sure whose hormones made them more excitable, the kid getting filmed with Tigger, or the father giving his description of his kid getting filmed with Tigger.

Some people sure do tend to exaggerate when a camera is on.

shoota77
01/07/2007, 08:52 PM
Where can we see this video? I just saw something on TV a couple days ago about the Tigger from 2004 groping the 13 year old. The attorney put the Tigger gloves on to show the jury that someone would probably notice these paws moving around on a girl. Classic courtroom footage...

nm: found it on digg

WormGod
01/08/2007, 07:44 AM
Clearly, it doesnt pay to be a Furry these days. :p

kpaske
01/08/2007, 08:14 AM
...when I portrayed a mascot in the past you would have all numbers of kids trying to take your hands off, poke you in the eyes, knock you over and unzip your costume...Man, that sounds like the most underappreciated job ever! It's sad that the mentality of children these days has changed so much that the beloved characters of the past that used to bring joy and excitement to children are now the targets of violent attacks. You can only blame the parents...

Y33TREKker
01/08/2007, 10:21 AM
What's even worse are the attempts to try to sensationalize the event by some of the news channels that have commented on the story. I read this lead-in on one of the news sites that was hosting the video;

"Tigger, the lovable Disney character, who is also known for his high jumps and ferocious speed....." :rolleyes:

And I don't know about the videos being hosted elsewhere, but the only audio present on the video hosted by that same news station was the kid saying "oh" when the paw was close to his face. What happened to the rest of the audio? Seems convenient.

Joe Isuzu
01/13/2007, 03:21 PM
Man, that sounds like the most underappreciated job ever! It's sad that the mentality of children these days has changed so much that the beloved characters of the past that used to bring joy and excitement to children are now the targets of violent attacks. You can only blame the parents...

while I understand what you're saying, I didn't mean it to be implied that way, kids are naturally curious when a big goofy cartoon character is within touching range, it would be somewhat the same anytime an animal is brought within reach as well, I did mascot stuff for 2-4th graders, anyone younger would be terrified, anyone older was tall enough to see in the eyeholes and see a human head inside the mascot head
my point was that anyone who does mascot stuff around kids better be prepared for all kinds of hi-jinks from kids
long story short though, the kid was hardly "clocked", the kid deserved to be reprimanded and unfortunately the family at the least got free admission to disney simply b/c the son was playing the fool, that's America now-a-days...

Jonnie
01/13/2007, 03:48 PM
"Tiggers' have BOUNCE!!!" :rolleyes: