PDA

View Full Version : Something cool

Chopper
01/07/2007, 01:13 PM
Noticed alot of new site supporters lately, and that is cool. This car is getting older now, and this site is going to be encreasingly important as time goes on. Never thought much about it in the past; I even let my subscription lapse a while ago, from neglect. Y'all need to kick down. This site is maybe our greatest resource. What happens when Scott falls in love with a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Wrangler Unlimited or some such crap!??? Love,Wayne

Ldub
01/07/2007, 02:25 PM
Well said Chopper, I know not all 2,339 members (see members list in quick links) are active, but you'd think more than 80-90 (yes, fewer than 90 contributors) of the ones that are, would feel this site & the benefits it provides are worth a little over a nickel a day...seriously people, twenty bucks a year ? :rolleyes:

Kenny
01/07/2007, 03:13 PM
Here here!

I think it's way cool to see the guys and gals with "Member since 2002" still chiming in and keeping some momentum going.

Thanks for that from an '05 noob! :p

biju
01/07/2007, 03:30 PM
What happens when Scott falls in love with a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Wrangler Unlimited or some such crap!??? Love,Wayne

I shudder to think. I hope that day never comes... :!: :!:

Newer folk - you plan on being around a while, and find a lot of good information/resource from this site like we do - please consider kicking down some dinero.

Gracias amigos...

-biju

VXRoadster
01/07/2007, 04:13 PM
Guys...never really thought about not being a site supporter. Thanks for bringing it to light...signed up as a supporter this evening. To loose this forum as a resource would really be bad.

Again...to all members of this site please do the same as I have. It is only $20 and we all spend this on coffee and drinks ever week (or other beverages). For me it is bottled water.

Thanks again...VXRoadster

dkmiller68
01/07/2007, 06:17 PM
Count me back in...$20 via paypal done moments ago...well worth it!!! Many thanks to all contributors of information. Don

johnnyapollo
01/07/2007, 07:37 PM
Hey Don - you in Asheville now or is that location your previous one?

-- John

ameetw
01/07/2007, 07:51 PM
"To loose this forum as a resource would really be bad."

Spot on.

Ameet

kpaske
01/08/2007, 08:53 AM
$20 a year for the support this site provides is a bargain. I honestly don't think I would have kept my VX or even learned half of what I know now if it wasn't for this site. Thanks for the reminder, Chopper, and thanks Scott (Moncha) for providing the service! ;Db;

texasvx
01/08/2007, 12:31 PM
I didn't even know that this was an option. What do you do to become a site supporter?? I often saw that under memeber names up didn't know what it was for. It may be that some of the newer members don't know about this. I really didn't

etlsport
01/08/2007, 12:43 PM
on the sidebar down the left side of your screen there is a bolded option that says "SUPPORT VX.INFO", click on it and it takes you through the rest

ISCE
01/08/2007, 12:46 PM
You know, I've had good intentions to become a site supporter for a while now... too long. Well, I finally did it!

Thanks Scott for all you've done for the VX community.

Jay

PHO2GR4
01/08/2007, 03:02 PM
I was NOT a 'supporter' way back when I had my first VX. No special reason for that...I just didn't get around to it.

As soon as I decided to get my NEW VX, I started lurking around here again, and realized what a great resource we all have at vehicross.info.

I PayPal'ed my money right away, and now I can roam around guilt-free!

:p

Looked at one way, this site has saved me money and aggravation when diagnosing problems. Looked at another way, this site costs me a friggen' FORTUNE because of all the mods you guys have encouraged me to make!

Better to not analyze the economics, I guess...

Moncha
01/09/2007, 01:55 PM
What happens when Scott falls in love with a Mazdaspeed 3 or a Wrangler Unlimited or some such crap!???

Ain't gonna happen!! If I every do fall in love with another vehicle, I will add it to the collection rather than trade or sell off.. My baby only has a little over 33k and I want to keep her that way.. I'll drive the crap outta something else like my county provided vehicle in the interim. ;)

As I have stated before, this place will be here as long as there are nuts like us around. Laura (MsMoncha) has directions as what to do with it if anything should happen to me in or out of the line of duty... Right now she's the direct beneficiary, but she knows to let some other lucky stiff gain an inheritance..

For now, pray nothing happens to any of us as we all make up a very important part of this nutty family and this is only a gathering spot of sort. I do appreciate all of the moral, financial and any other kind of support everyone gives. Without all of you, this place would be completely kaput!

With all of my heart, THANK YOU!!! :heart:

/*mush off*

Scott

nocturnalVX
01/09/2007, 09:54 PM
I had let my status as a donating member lapse, but I fixed that recently, and have noticed more support as well. VehiCROSSers RULE!!!
:_beer:

cyronman
01/14/2007, 08:34 PM
I had planned on joining on New Year's Day (also my Bday), but somehow it slipped by me. Busy, I guess.

Well, I just officially joined and I'm bumping this to remind anyone else that might have forgot to support.

Cy

CrnCnn
05/21/2007, 08:27 PM
Something cool indeed. Just joined myself.

Bumpity bump bump.

Moncha
05/21/2007, 09:05 PM
And I do thank you and everyone else for you continued support for this site!

CoastieCosta567
05/21/2007, 09:34 PM
i'll be around as long as there are VX left in this planet, and will continue to support, this is the best site and if it where not for this site and all u guys, i would be loosing alot of cash with other people that don't know jake. i would of already lost at least $1,000 in cash sence i get my VX a few months back, so then whats only $20 a year. well what i'm trying to say is, this site helps us from loosing money, so it wont hurt to give back to support this site, thanks to u all and the site for saving me cash, upgrading the VX, Making me My own VX tech(well I'm still in school for that, LOL ;) )and making friends here. :)-----CoastieCosta.----:)

climbcovey
05/21/2007, 10:08 PM
As for me, once a supporter, always a supporter. As we all know the information found here can save you well over $20 a year. Many routine maintanence issues, specs, and mods can be resolved just by searching this site or posting a thread. Alot less expensive than $60 per hour to get DX'd at the auto shop. Thank you all for the info provided and for supporting Moncha!

nfpgasmask
05/21/2007, 10:23 PM
Here! Here! VX.info lets us all merge to form a giant transforming VehiCROSS robot that crushes all other forms of transportation beneath it!

w00t! and thanks to everyone!

Bart

CoastieCosta567
05/22/2007, 05:30 AM
Here! Here! VX.info lets us all merge to form a giant transforming VehiCROSS robot that crushes all other forms of transportation beneath it!

w00t! and thanks to everyone!

Bart

I Agree arrrrrrrrr ;Do;

VXD959
05/22/2007, 06:52 AM
$20 sent via Paypal! Glad to be a Supporter!

WormGod
05/22/2007, 07:38 AM
Damn, I am guilty of using the hell out of the site and NEVER supporting. I always intended to but always let it slip my mind. I swear.... I will today. If I dont by tomorrow, start a thread about me and call me an ungrateful bloodsucker. :(

Joe Isuzu
05/22/2007, 02:36 PM
OK, I can only imagine what kind of response I will get for saying this ("get with the times" may be the least offensive...) BUT, is there a way to support the site w/o using Paypal?
thanks!

biju
05/22/2007, 02:46 PM
OK, I can only imagine what kind of response I will get for saying this ("get with the times" may be the least offensive...) BUT, is there a way to support the site w/o using Paypal?
thanks!
Yes. Send ME $20 cash to help fill my gas tank. Wait. That doesn't help this site at all... err.... um. yeah.

i gotta go.

-biju.

Moncha
05/22/2007, 04:24 PM
..... is there a way to support the site w/o using Paypal?
thanks!

No problem, thought about that.. Here's the info page look towards the bottom and ye shall find what you seek.

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Donations

TexVeX
05/22/2007, 06:12 PM
I have planned on becoming a site supporter since I joined. But because I just purchased my VX, I have to wait till the first of the month to have funds available.

Joe Isuzu
05/22/2007, 06:35 PM
thanks Moncha!

Ldub
01/03/2010, 08:43 AM
Makes me kinda sad to read this thread & see how many that "were" no longer "are"...:confusedw

handeeman
01/03/2010, 09:00 AM
Makes me kinda sad to read this thread & see how many that "were" no longer "are"...:confusedw

Makes me kinda sad too, however ya picked-up Tom4Bren on 2-23-07, plus me and Kat and even riff-raff in 08. Now that's gotta make ya smile.

Ldub
01/03/2010, 10:26 AM
Makes me kinda sad too, however ya picked-up Tom4Bren on 2-23-07, plus me and Kat and even riff-raff in 08. Now that's gotta make ya smile.

You always make me smile Handito...:yes:.:thumbup:.:thanx:

Ldub
08/04/2010, 02:53 AM
Anyone feelin' the :heart: for VX info?

---or---

:tweed:...not so much...:(

I know that times are tough, but where ya gonna go for money $aving advice on how to do it & where to get it if VX info ever disappears?

Since you see no adverts here, that means it's all gotta come from free will donations...:yesgray: