PDA

View Full Version : Let's Hear it for the VX

texasvx
01/03/2007, 05:56 AM
Last night traveling throught the Texas Hill Country, from my daughter's BB game, I was traveling down some dark and winding roads.
I came around a corner and there were 5 deer standing, blocking both lanes of traffic. At about 60 there are not too many options that one may have. After some quick evasive, "Ricky Bobby" moves, I did manage to miss all 5 of them. I just wanted to praise the VX because I know that my other vehicles would not have been able to pull off the move that the VX did to miss the deer.
I really believe thought it was the deer's curiosity that helped. The deer did not really move as I got closer and closer to them. And as I swerved by them to avoid them, I could hear one say, "What was that?" "I'm not sure, but I think it was one of those Moon Buggies" :p

WormGod
01/03/2007, 08:25 AM
And as I swerved by them to avoid them, I could hear one say, "What was that?" "I'm not sure, but I think it was one of those Moon Buggies" :p

Actually, it was more like....

Deer 1 "What was that?"

Deer 2 "It was almost our maker come to take us to the next world where we would be rewarded with 17 does."

Bulldoggie
01/03/2007, 09:05 AM
I'm extreamly thankful that the VX has the best stopping distance in class.
I was returning Christmas eve, Driving in one monster of a rain storm that the northwest is famous for.
The car in front of me (in the fast lane) hydroplaned in the apex of the turn. it looked like he kissed the wall, anyway he came to a complete stop right in front of me.
Panic stopping in ruts full of water,I stopped just short of hitting him, I was very glad noone was behind me.
I'm quite sure that most vehicles wouldn't have been able to stop in time in those conditions.

JULIAN911
01/03/2007, 09:07 PM
Texasvx,

I'm in Cedar Park and am surprised we have not met.