PDA

View Full Version : Thanks and Goodbye

VR4-Quest
01/02/2007, 09:22 PM
Well, its a sad day, soon to be I guess. My 2001 Kaiser silver VX is getting traded in on friday, on a new 2006 Mitsubishi Montero. Have had 4 great years of ownerships, some down times, but mostly ups! Its been a fun car, I believe no other SUV out there handles quite as well, and offers such attention grabbing looks (I cant count the number of - "what is that, its cool" I've gotten from people at gas stations etc. more so than I have recieved in any of my Corvette's for sure. Had some problems with the shocks, most recently noises in the drive train, CEL, some rust above the windshield, and just a lot of creeks and growns from a long 103K miles. I put 80K of that on in the 4 years I owned it, always got me to where I was going safely and without worry. I planned on keeping it forever, but just need something newer, bigger, more dependable, and with 4 doors, as all my other "toys" have 2 doors. But I believe the Montero will carry on where the VX left off for me, in its own way its somewhat unique, you dont see one everyday, and it will offer the same dependability if not better.
Anyway, it will be hard to say goodbye, but with parts getting harder and harder to get, the reduction of Isuzu dealers in my area, and all the little problems adding up, I say goodbye to a truelly awesome vehicle and and equally impressive forum here. So many questions have been answered by you all, memories shared, and continued many more to all here, thanks again!
Mike

VCrossfan
01/02/2007, 09:26 PM
Good Luck and take care Mike. Great Post...

ZEUS
01/02/2007, 11:17 PM
Good luck and thanks for not calling us apathetic... ;) You might as well keep the forum handy and stop by every now and then!

VR4-Quest
01/03/2007, 02:20 PM
You bet, you never know, I might come across another VX someday, plus I did all the work and accesorizing on my VX so like to think I have some experience, and might be selling off some or all the xtras I added to mine, which was quite a bit, or keep them handy for the next time around!!!

Cyrk
01/03/2007, 02:23 PM
Good luck.

Chopper
01/03/2007, 02:43 PM
I, Nostrildumbass, predict you shall return after a brief foray into the land of Mitsi...better hang on to those bits and pieces, you're gonna need them. See ya round. Wayne

VR4-Quest
01/04/2007, 12:39 PM
Hey gang, how do I post a fairwell picture of my VX????
I went to the gallery section like the FAQ said, and see no button or place that says UPLOAD for the pics, help me out please!

Ldub
01/04/2007, 01:18 PM
Top bar, gallery, gallery links, upload photo(pics ?),...

biju
01/04/2007, 01:31 PM
best of luck to you...

-biju.

MSHardeman
01/04/2007, 04:13 PM
Sorry to see you go.

Hey, you could still come out to Moab and wheel the Mitsu with us. ;)

VR4-Quest
01/05/2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks Ldub, her she is before she goes......http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/SSPX0146.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/SSPX0146.JPG)
well, almost, looks totally different now, after removing all my mods. The only thing I left on it was the OME921 springs, otherwise the larger tires would be rubbing with the OE springs back on.

Ldub
01/06/2007, 12:45 AM
A beauty to be sure...hard to let go.

Q: Did you paint the front fenders to continue the bra line?...I've been toying with that idea myself...hmmm, mebbe black vinyl decal material...

VR4-Quest
01/10/2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks .
Yeah, well actually for the sides I used a spray on bra from Griots garage. Actually the stuff is pretty sweet. I've always used bras, but they are a pain to keep clean, and take on and off to wash the car, etc. Anyway, since installing the fog lights with the license plate mount, the lower bra portion would not fit, so I couldnt use it, just the hood part. So the only metal part still exposed where the front fender edges. Masked off the line, and used the spray bra stuff. Its been on there since early summer, has held up through everything, even automatic car washes, and to remove, you just peel a corner, and it comes right off, feels like a very thing latex rubber mask. The paint looked nice underneath, fended off any debri/stones, bugs, etc. I highly recommend it, just takes a little time masking off the areas cause its just like spray painting something.
Caution: the temporary spray on bras available at Autozone, etc. are not even close to being the same, tried on (think it was by duplicolor???), its like spraying a waxy film on the car, and rubbed right off.