PDA

View Full Version : Windows...again

Chopper
12/30/2006, 06:09 PM
Pass. side window is getting slow. Not moving around much in the track,yet, so an easy fix may be at hand. This car has had the rt. side window replaced twice, and the driver side done once(under warranty) but no problem since.They are almost always down, and only really get raised for washing so this is no accomplishment. I'm gonna crack the door,and figure out an "ultimate" fix.This is bull$*!#. It is not rocket science to make a damn window go up and down! Shame on Isuzu for making me do this extra, stupid work. I'll try to keep everyone in mind as I work this out, but my inclination is to replace the crappy unit entirely. Some GM unit will fit this bill. maybe replace the epoxy "ears" with metal...I don't know...but this is gonna stop. I'll let you guys know after I get a chance to open the door, and take a look at this mess. Wayne * there's nothing that can't be cured with a grinder, a welder, and a bigger hammer*

alleycat
12/30/2006, 07:16 PM
Before taking the door apart try that silicone spray yu could buy at Pep Boys. Get the name from this site. Worked just great for me for the slow window I had. 6 months ok now. Just a thought. . .

DK
12/30/2006, 07:32 PM
Before taking the door apart try that silicone spray yu could buy at Pep Boys. Get the name from this site. Worked just great for me for the slow window I had. 6 months ok now. Just a thought. . .

I had the same problem and started using silicone spray and the window has worked for over a year. Get the kind with the long thin applicator so you can stick it into the track.

I redo it every few months.

2K1 1K2
12/30/2006, 07:46 PM
ditto.

i can appreciate finding a definite 'cure' to this, as well. in the meantime, try the silicone spray. mine started to run slow and eventually were tilting forward and pulling the rear gasket into itself when going up. i did the following thanks to the forum/mechanic's advise and the windows have been behaving nicely, since.

run a wet rag (may want to use a screwdriver or butter knife underneath it to get inside the rubber gasket) through the rubber channel and wipe as clean as possible. you may be surprised at the amount of crud coming out of there. :eek: this may take you a few times. once done, spray it generously with the silicone spray. this should help.

hope my feeble attempt at explaining came across ok.

good luck!

-jose

rowhard
12/31/2006, 08:38 AM
2K1 1K2, very good suggestion, and so simple.

I might take it one step farther and clean the tracks inside the door with the window full up.

I wrote a how to article here on outside door handle will not open and you could use it for the panel removal if you have never done it before.

Here is the thread
http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=22

Hendrik suhardiman
01/01/2007, 03:54 AM
Hi,Again me with stupid wierd questions. as you know im refurbishing my vehicross,I need lots of replacement parts n modifications to make mine smoothe nice car to drive .In my country, vehicross is not available from the dealer,so i bought preowned and the previous owner had modified radically the regulator n the mechanism of the window.I need to buy a new set of regulator.Thats ok but the problem is I saw in the manual CD that there are TWO small items(like a match box) below the glass that suport the glass which is not present anymore in my window glass.To replace the glass is ridiculous as it will be very difficult to buy n ship to singapore .Any contributor willing to help advice of any replacement parts/items for the two litle things below the glass?or perhaps other kind of non OEM part which has been proven workable to replace that.Thank you so much...
Hendrik s
myisabramax@yahoo.com

Chopper
01/01/2007, 04:42 AM
Those two pieces have been the cause of the problem,or at least the weak link,all three times my windows have been replaced.Isuzu replaces the glass and all as one unit rather than just these "ears". The regulators themselves never failed.I'm thinking... pull the glass and have it drilled to accept a more permanent attachment... fab up a couple steel tabs to attach the glass in place of the epoxy/plastic ones, and be done with it

Hendrik suhardiman
01/02/2007, 10:11 AM
Thank you CHOPPER, problem is mine already modified by the previous owner n replaced by unknown type of wierd mechanism n I duno how n what the dimension n the spot of where the two little rascals should comfortably sleep...Anyway thanks alot.

Chopper
01/02/2007, 02:49 PM
I will post pictures when I do the job.