PDA

View Full Version : Polyurethane Bushings

Clyde
12/27/2006, 10:26 PM
I've been thinking about changing all the bushings on the front end of my VehiCross. I saw the other posts about the sway bar bushings and which ones to use. Does anyone know which polyurethane bushings will fit in the rest of the front suspension? Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

nfpgasmask
12/28/2006, 08:55 AM
Yeah, I am going to need the poly sway bar bushings too. My ride is really squeaky and I would like to try to fix this...

Bart

I've been thinking about changing all the bushings on the
front end of my VehiCross. I saw the other posts about the sway bar bushings and which ones to use. Does anyone know which polyurethane bushings will fit in the rest of the front suspension? Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Clyde
12/28/2006, 11:45 AM
I guess everyone is using stock stuff. :(

etlsport
12/28/2006, 11:53 AM
i just did my swaybar bushings a week or two ago.. and am very happy with the results.. have you checked energy suspensions website? they might have sizes listed, if not try www.summitracing.com i havent really looked other than for the sway bar bushings, but i know they put together kits for other cars, so they might at least have part numbers/sizes for the vx

Cyrk
12/28/2006, 12:06 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=521&highlight=energy+suspension

Clyde
12/28/2006, 12:28 PM
I did check both Summit and Energy Suspension.

I didn't see anything on the Energy Suspension website and did call them. They told me, "Sorry, the VehiCross was made in such low numbers for us to even put a kit together for it."

Summit had nothing on their website about bushings for the VX. I looked at all 101 results they had listed on their site.

The discussion on the greaseable bushing kits for the front and rear sway bars I already saw. I was looking more for the front lower and upper control arms, sway bar end links, ball joints, etc in polyurethane.

I seem to remember someone saying before that the VehiCross was pretty much a different body put on top of a short wheel base Trooper. I'm just wondering how similar they are and if the same bushings on the smaller Trooper would work on the VehiCross also.

Kenny
12/30/2006, 01:33 PM
Independent4x has some items under the Izuzu category. I'm sure if you give them a call, they can hook you up the right pieces..

http://www.independent4x.com/category.html?UCIDs=1100654

MSHardeman
12/30/2006, 02:40 PM
I'm surprised that Moncha hasn't spoken up yet. I think he replaced his sway bars a while ago, and when he did he used greaseable poly bushings in place of the stock ones. May have to do a search for sway bar bushings to find it.

SilverBullet75
12/30/2006, 10:28 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=521&highlight=energy+suspension

Guys,
The link that Cyrk posted is what I used when I did mine... Works very well!

Y33TREKker
12/31/2006, 01:32 PM
What's up Clyde,

I found a few other sites that may be decent sources for asking about the interchangeability of Trooper and VX suspension parts.

www.mwior.com -- Midwest Isuzu Offroad.

www.4x4wire.com is an all makes board, and it's been said that it has possibly the best isuzu tech forum.

www.planetisuzoo.com is another isuzu board.

Parts and tech can also be obtained from:
www.independent4x.com (Matt)
www.darlington-offroad.com (Joe)

Triathlete
12/31/2006, 01:56 PM
Something else to consider is almost all the parts slaped under the VX body are from the Trooper RS. You may try to cross reference those part and see what you find.

Hendrik suhardiman
01/01/2007, 03:38 AM
Hi,I am using my vehicross for non offroad n more for common road driving n SO need Replacement of suspension (may be spring,shock etc)to make it smooth less bumpy and less hard rough suspention. I know i cant compare my vehicross with my New Range Rover but at least it shall be nicer n softer but firm to drive..Thank you
Hendrik suhardiman
myisabramax@yahoo.com

Y33TREKker
01/01/2007, 12:14 PM
Hi,I am using my vehicross for non offroad n more for common road driving n SO need Replacement of suspension (may be spring,shock etc)to make it smooth less bumpy and less hard rough suspention. I know i cant compare my vehicross with my New Range Rover but at least it shall be nicer n softer but firm to drive..Thank you
Hendrik suhardiman
myisabramax@yahoo.com

The addition of adjustable shocks would be a good start. The previous owner of my VX had installed 9-way adjustable Rancho 9000 shocks, and they can be dialed in very nicely to each drivers' preferences.

A search for Rancho 9000 should yield a lot of reference material

nfpgasmask
01/02/2007, 09:37 AM
So etl, did it eliminate/reduce some of the squeaking? Mine VX squeaks hella bad so I would like to try this as a possible remedy.

Bart

i just did my swaybar bushings a week or two ago.. and am very happy with the results.. have you checked energy suspensions website? they might have sizes listed, if not try www.summitracing.com i havent really looked other than for the sway bar bushings, but i know they put together kits for other cars, so they might at least have part numbers/sizes for the vx

etlsport
01/02/2007, 09:43 AM
my vx rarely squeaked to begin with, it was mostly for handling purposes, but i havent heard a squeak out of my vx since i did the swap.. i noticed a difference in my steering through tight turns (+) and the gf said she feels like the vx takes bumpy roads a little nicer with much less bounding side to side (i didnt notice much improvement in this department.. but i started to ignore the bumpy ride a long time ago.. but i beleive her because i didnt tell her what the bushings were supposed to do and thats the first thing she said after riding in the vx afterwards)

rowhard
01/02/2007, 04:48 PM
Just let everyone know that is interested, the Poly bushings from Energy Suspension that Moncha mentioned are on sale, or at least about 20 bucks off. for the set. That's part number:

Front: 9.5163G Greasable Sway Bar Bushing Set 28MM

Rear: 9.5156G Greasable Sway Bar Bushing Set 3/4” 19MM

Spike
01/02/2007, 04:58 PM
Just let everyone know that is interested, the Poly bushings from Energy Suspension that Moncha mentioned are on sale, or at least about 20 bucks off. for the set. That's part number:

Front: 9.5163G Greasable Sway Bar Bushing Set 28MM

Rear: 9.5156G Greasable Sway Bar Bushing Set 3/4” 19MM

I had these put on last spring... (red ones to match the rear springs)
The annoying chattering squeaks I had for a while, completely went away...

However I cannot remember who I ordered them from... :/

etlsport
01/02/2007, 05:00 PM
summit racing carries red ones too. i was going to order them but it was gonna take 2 weeks longer to get them and i didnt want to wait.. to get the red ones just replace the "g" at the end of the item number with an "r"

rowhard
01/02/2007, 06:16 PM
For sure, the address would help, sorry. Wanted to get mine on order first. Anyway, here is the address. Just insert the part number in the search field and it will take you to the order page.
http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/search.asp