PDA

View Full Version : Where is Joe Black?

Chopper
12/26/2006, 03:01 PM
?

etlsport
12/26/2006, 03:09 PM
i was just wondering this, looked yesterday and last time he logged on was mid november i think.. he did say he was really busy with a new business venture but i dunno

nfpgasmask
12/26/2006, 03:55 PM
I was wondering the same thing actually...maybe someone should PM him?

I hope everything is ok.

Bart

Anita
12/26/2006, 04:04 PM
I just talked to him on the cell and told him his VX peeps were asking about him. He's on the road for some R & R and returning next week.

ZEUS
12/26/2006, 06:25 PM
That is funny! I thought about asking as well. I guess we miss the little guy :)

Chopper
12/27/2006, 04:00 PM
Little??? Have you seen this guy? I'd say... Too big and strong, Joe Black... The Mighty Joe Black....but never, the littleguy,Joe Black :p :p :p

ZEUS
12/27/2006, 06:11 PM
Nah, never met or seen him... I thought about it and I was more comfortable saying "little guy" instead of "big hunk of burning man flesh"... LOL! I would like to hear what he has been working on and how that fiberglass front clip on his rally VX is coming along though!!

johnnyapollo
12/27/2006, 08:42 PM
I hooked up when him when he was last in town (couple of weeks ago) - the Rally VX is up in Norcross at John Schellenberg's place - it's pretty much stripped down - they were pulling out everything behind the dash while I was there. We also tested out the second prototype for the window fix - it's going into a third version so it's still not ready for primetime.

-- John

k4tmc
12/28/2006, 06:16 AM
John,

Thanks for the update on the window fix. I need to fix both of mine, but had been waiting to see what Joe developed.

I had planned to pull the door panels over the holidays and get an idea of what I was up against; however, the wife wrecked the 3rd vehicle (no one hurt) a few weeks ago and I did not want to have the VX in an undrivable condition.

So, I am anxiously awaiting Joe's fix information.

Henry

Mark Miller
12/28/2006, 07:48 AM
Has anyone heard how that front clip is coming along,
I'm kinda interested in it....

http://markalexandermiller.com/VXDeer.jpg

kpaske
12/28/2006, 09:04 AM
Joe Black, where are you?!? ;Db;

I hooked up when him when he was last in town (couple of weeks ago) - the Rally VX is up in Norcross at John Schellenberg's place - it's pretty much stripped down - they were pulling out everything behind the dash while I was there. We also tested out the second prototype for the window fix - it's going into a third version so it's still not ready for primetime.Thanks for the update, John. I've been bugging Joe about this for some time now, but I know he's a busy guy. I really need to get my windows fixed, as my driver's side is starting to go out, which will NOT be "cool" come summer time. PLEASE, let me know if there is anything I can do to help. My VX sits about 80% of the time so I can tear my doors down and get in there and test stuff out if you need some assistance. Time is the hardest thing to come by, but I'll make time for my VX and the community.

And Joe, please come back soon! We need to put our heads together about the VX Diesel Conversion project!! ;Db;

johnnyapollo
12/28/2006, 09:36 AM
Well- the front clip he's producing will be one-piece for racing - I think all the lights and cladding will be molded in fiberglass or CF - it really wouldn't be workable as a replacement for a street-running front clip. The VX he's using for the project was damaged in the front - the fenders may be usable but the grill, front bumper cover and probably the hood were all hosed.

-- John

Mark Miller
12/28/2006, 05:05 PM
I wouldn't mind the front raw with no cut outs,
I would mod it anyway, I have a set of porsche headlights needing a home.
It is amazing what can be done with fiberglass. ;)

etlsport
12/29/2006, 11:47 AM
also havent heard frome tone or spazz in awhile... i guess spazz is probably busy with the baby

nfpgasmask
12/29/2006, 11:53 AM
You know, "mbeach" from Alaska has been MIA too...

We're droppin like flies! :eek:

Bart

also havent heard frome tone or spazz in awhile... i guess spazz is probably busy with the baby

blacksambo
01/11/2007, 07:39 PM
We really need to get these experienced VX'ers working on chapters for a VX book. Then their knowledge will be preserved.

Joe_Black
01/16/2007, 05:28 PM
"Big hunk of burning man flesh" is what I come back to? :_wtf:

LOL! Gotta share that with the wife!

Thanks for the thread, got me all misty... :p

In any case, I recently took over responsibilities for another web site and forum for collectors of vintage Caterpillar equipment which snowballed into a major "hands-on" project and has only just now become manageable. Of course the holidays and some other projects kept me away as well, since I have a good idea of how much time I've spent here compared to doing things of a more domestic nature. ;) Many thanks to those who called or emailed, I'm always very flattered and appreciate the contact.

Thanks to some insightful advice from johnnyapollo regarding "window fix v.2" I now have yet another large shop power tool to work with. This LONG process is hopefully coming to an end so y'all won't feel so terribly teased.

This weekend I'll be in a weekend seaplane school and hope to emerge with a new rating, so won't get at it again until after then. Fortunately I'll be testing on my own VX daily which should accelerate things greatly.

Thanks again!

IndianaVX
01/16/2007, 06:53 PM
good to see ya joe,
keeping busy is always better than being bored.
glad your doing ok
david

kpaske
01/16/2007, 08:28 PM
Welcome back Joe! ;Db; Glad to hear everything is going well for you. We were starting to worry!