PDA

View Full Version : Is your VX your main form of transportation?

Aello
12/24/2006, 08:02 PM
So I am curious....Do you guys use your VX as your daily driver? If so how are you guys handling the price of gas?

CrnCnn
12/24/2006, 08:32 PM
I use mine as a daily driver. The gas isnt a real big deal since before buying a second vehicle I was driving a 94 SUburban that was very thirsty

djkymar
12/24/2006, 09:13 PM
My VX is my daily car, driving everywhere, gas prices? well im just dealing with that

Tobert
12/24/2006, 09:19 PM
I drive mine everywhere in the cool season. In the summer, I ride the motorcycle unless I either need to haul more stuff or it's raining hard. I think my yearly gas usage averages out in the high 20's between the two. :)

nocturnalVX
12/24/2006, 10:18 PM
My VX is my daily driver, but I ride my motorcycle as much as possible to give the VX a break.

... how are you guys handling the price of gas?
I converted mine to solar power about a year ago. ;)

2K1 1K2
12/24/2006, 10:54 PM
daily driver, as well. weekends are usually reserved for the wife's 'minivan' - her Xterra. a bit more practical for the family and loads of groceries, etc.

re: gas - not much to do but bear with it. not too bad after the initial couple months of gettin' used to the price increase. :eek:

the 'smiles per miles' seem to make it worth while, though.

-jose

Aello
12/25/2006, 04:20 AM
Well it's nice to know I'm not alone here.

I have to agree with 2K1...it is the smiles per miles that keeps me loving the VX! :)

Chopper
12/25/2006, 05:12 AM
Not daily, 0177 doesn't come out in rain, never goes to any public place where it would be parked, high traffic situations, freeway/interstate/city driving are all avoided. No short trips, and almost never after dark. Too many boring cars in the world to abuse this cool one. Other than that, I pretty much drive it all the time :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aello
12/25/2006, 05:25 AM
Hey Chopper.....those are pretty kewl rides you have in your gallery!

k4tmc
12/25/2006, 06:34 AM
Yes, mine is my daily driver; especially now that the wife wrecked her Previa van and is now driving my previous daily driver - Jeep Grand Cherokee Orvis Edition.

Re dealing with the cost of gas. I had thought about charging a dollar for tours of the VX when people ask about it ;) ; and maybe 5 dollars for a ride :)

Chopper
12/25/2006, 06:35 AM
Thank you. The Suzuki and 49 Studebaker are pretty much "done" and been shown around for two years now. Both are headed to Arizona next month. The Camaro and Plymouth both sold in South Florida this year. ( not sure which photos your seeing) Right now, I'm getting into my Lightning truck. A mild refreshening is turning dangerously custom. Been staring at that blank canvas of a SSR for over a year now, just sittin' there, mocking me, and there is 0177... I've managed to leave it alone for six years now. Damn car addiction!

etlsport
12/25/2006, 07:46 AM
vx is the only car i keep at my house.. (vw rabbit stays with my lil sis) so yep daily driver.. occasionally drive the girlfriends del sol... looking to get a sedan soon :( ive learned to drive my vx lightly so to get 18-20mpg and when i do decide to lete her go i know full well im gonna pay for it in the piggy bank

HotFlyer
12/25/2006, 08:04 AM
Merry Christmas to All,

Yes, my VX is a Daily Driver and I wouldn't have it any other way. The VX is way too cool!!

It has it's ruff edges but that only gives it a personality.

After owning one for five years, I still find my self driving it with a stupid GRIN on my face!! Just can't help it. Maybe one day there will be a cure. Until then???

Howard (0761)

Y33TREKker
12/25/2006, 08:35 AM
Mines' more of a pleasure craft. Weekends and/or nice weather, although I consider a foot of snow nice weather when it comes to the VX. This damn global warning is really cutting into my play time lately though. :thumbdn:

johnnyapollo
12/25/2006, 08:37 AM
Daily driver since I bought it in 2001 (new) - currently have about 80k in miles on it.

-- John

dietz99vcross
12/25/2006, 09:53 AM
Daily driver since April of 99. Originally was going to use it as secondary transportation, but why not enjoy the VX every day? Mike

Techy-D
12/25/2006, 07:42 PM
I converted mine to solar power about a year ago. ;)

Ha! That's extra funny coming from "Nocturnal"VX!!!

As for Daily driver: YEP! About 40miles a day and loving it. My 65 Skylark was averaging about 15mpg before the VX so it's about the same. I'm hoping to figure out how to squeeze a couple more MPG's out of it if I can.

thedutchguy
12/26/2006, 06:22 AM
I converted mine to lpg.(1/3) the price of petrol!

VCAMILO
12/26/2006, 09:08 AM
Daily driver OVA here! 3 miles each way to work and all stores/restaurants are located in my area. 62k miles; new in 2002.

biju
12/26/2006, 09:29 AM
DD here. The Dragon was my DD, now it will be the Proton. I hope to change that in the near future, but only time will tell...

-biju.

dog
12/26/2006, 10:01 AM
I alternate using my 95 Mercedes diesel and my VX on my daily drive.

After driving the VX for a while then switching to the MB, I think.... WHY AM I DRIVING THE VX? (MB = Smooth ride, no bumps, 35 mpg, cruises nice when up to speed). But then after driving the MB and switching back to the VX, I think.......WHY AM I DRIVING THE MB? (VX = Great power and fast starts, nice high ride, great on those power corners, and I feel good in the VX. The ride makes me smile, but I do spill my coffee in the AM).

So, I think it's time to modify the VX to fit me as I get older (I am old). Rancho 9000s set on four-five, new wheels and tires (tall and thin) for winter, and ohhhh those heated seats in an earlier thread do sound soooo nice.

nfpgasmask
12/26/2006, 10:05 AM
Its my one an only vehicle at the moment. I hope to garage it once it is paid off and keep it as a collector car...

Bart

Triathlete
12/26/2006, 12:40 PM
100,000+ miles of daily driving and some "minor" off roading! :laughy: :laughy: :laughy:

Pghachey
12/26/2006, 05:30 PM
It's my only mode of transportation at the moment. I try to take care of it like it's my baby, hopefully no major problems. I just love driving it. It's a great FSV (FUN SPORT VEHICLE) OR ASV (AWESOME SPORT VEHICLE).
VX says it all, doesn't it. :p

iamjacksadrenalgland
12/26/2006, 06:26 PM
It's my ONLY vehicle! :)

This thing is so versatile. I can drive with total confidence down the freeway through torrential down storms at 75 mph when other cars are doing 40 mph with their hazards on. The next day I can go enjoy all the mud that the rain provided. Then, I can wash her off and take the girlfriend to the riverwalk in style, turning heads the whole time. Well, maybe they’re just looking at my girl. ;)

Cobrajet
12/27/2006, 04:39 AM
Yep, daily driver. 85 mile work commute daily. 96K miles total. My other options - 82 Mustang GT (too much work to uncover/clean), 70 Torino Cobra (my daily driver for 15 years - retired to show duty), 00 Honda CBR600F4 (weather either too cold [I'm over 50 now!] or unpredictable). The VX does it all. MPG? Don't know, don't care. I learned to not care while driving the Cobra.

WormGod
12/28/2006, 07:59 AM
Mine was a DD for years until I got something a little better on gas. Just a little. Now the VX comes out to play on weekends and whenever I feel like sitting higher than traffic.