PDA

View Full Version : What will you get (did you get?) your VX for Christmas?

PHO2GR4
12/24/2006, 05:26 PM
Well, as many of you know, for Christmas I BOUGHT myself a VX, and I'm already planning all sorts of upgrades for it.

So, make a list and check it twice: What will YOU get YOUR Vehicross for Christmas? (Or, if you see this thread after Christmas, what DID you get for yours?) New tires? A good detail job? An oil change? Maybe a lift kit?!?

Triathlete
12/24/2006, 05:49 PM
I thought about washing it...but its still dirty! :_confused

rowhard
12/24/2006, 06:02 PM
Well, I just ordered a UNIVERSAL DOG-PET BARRIER-SAFETY GATE-VAN-SUV for my baby. Need something to keep things in the back since I removed the rear seat.

Vfrider1
12/24/2006, 06:17 PM
Heck, I'm trying to get a VX FOR Christmas! This blizzard in Colorado has thrown a monkey wrench into trying to close with my bank for Biju's dragon. (they were closed for two days) Hopefully, all will be settled soon!

k4tmc
12/24/2006, 07:03 PM
Well...since I finally got some free time off from work, this week, I have installed or completed the installation of:

1. Tone's 4800K headlight bulbs, 3rd brake light flasher kit, and rear door popper.
2. Two LED light fixtures inside the upper rear corners to light the cargo area, connected to the dome light circuit. :cool:
3. Stuffed some fiberfil into the large areas between the outer sheet metal and plastic panels in the rear (trying to improve the interior acoustics)
4. Given the Proton it's first good exterior bath since October; used Armor All Extreme Tire Shine Gel on the cladding (thanks go to VXCrazy for the suggestion!)

Still to go, over the holiday period, are:
1. Trying to fix the problematic windows :mad:
2. Transmission and differential fluid changes
3. Tone's transmission filter installation
4. Brake pad/rotor inspection

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

biju
12/24/2006, 07:09 PM
Don't have em' yet, but they're ordered...

Nitto Dune Grapplers 285/60/18's!

-biju.

kpaske
12/24/2006, 07:33 PM
I just bought a skidplate! ;Db;

Plus I've still got a whole ton of parts sitting in my garage just waiting to be installed including: diamond slotted rotors, sp performance pads, superwinch manual hubs, diff drop brackets and x-member, mechatech cv boots, and some 4.77 gears! :D:D:D

cyronman
12/24/2006, 09:16 PM
My family got my VX

*piaa wiper blades,
*front and rear floor mats
*rear cargo mat
*window deflectors

all from WeathTech...

AWESOME!

next, she's getting a radio.

WILLY
12/24/2006, 10:12 PM
IT WAS A BEUTIFULL DAY HERE IN EATON RAPIDS MICHIGAN ON THE 24TH SO SINCE IT HAS BEEN KINDA RAINY AND CRAPPY A COUPLE DAY BEFOR THE RIDE WAS WAY DIRTY SO I CLEANED IT UP AND DETAILED IT AND IT LOOKS SWEET AS ALWAYS WHEN I CLEAN IT UP.MERRY CRISTMAS MY LITTLE VX :) :p

Chopper
12/25/2006, 05:24 AM
Biju...you're doin this on purpose. I ordered 4 Dune Grapplers Sunday (285/60/18...$201 ea.) They came back as backordered, so it'll be a bit before they get here. Probably just order the OME springs, since the lift will most likely be necessary. I don't know if these things are gonna mount on the stockers (wish they would) if not, add some sort of wheels (black) to the list. Merry Christmas 0177, ol' friend. Wayne

biju
12/25/2006, 07:19 AM
Biju...you're doin this on purpose.

???? - I'm confused.

Anyways - I'm in the same boat. The tires are backordered. And they should mount to stock wheels. My grapplers did anyways...

-biju.

Chopper
12/25/2006, 07:35 AM
???? - I'm confused.

Anyways - I'm in the same boat. The tires are backordered. And they should mount to stock wheels. My grapplers did anyways...

-biju.
refering to your rig inspiring me to lift-great minds think alike

biju
12/25/2006, 08:42 AM
Quite the compliment indeed! Thanks...

Happy Holiday's all!!

-biju.

dietz99vcross
12/25/2006, 09:47 AM
Just got the Harman Kardon drive+play to hook up the I-pod. Now I just need to find the time to get it put in. Mike

etlsport
12/25/2006, 11:11 AM
my vx got energy suspension swaybar bushings.. new wiring for the amps (completely got rid of alternator whine!!).. an LED bar that will be wired into my dome light to light the cargo areat... got the ball rolling on a morgan-tec muffler.. maybe an optima battery (sears gift card).. but a table saw would be a nice addition to my workshop too.. hmmmmm

Anita
12/25/2006, 11:27 AM
Its one beautiful day out today. Not a cloud in the sky and a sunny 77 degrees. Friends are coming over for a Christmas brunch and then afterward I'm giving my baby a wax and some leather/vinyl care.

Merry Christmas everyone. Be safe out there.

ZEUS
12/25/2006, 11:38 AM
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

I've been driving around in bad weather and on bad roads for the last few days - the VX is taking it like a champ! So for this Christmas, I just hope it gets me home alright. BUT! A tubing bender has been ordered, and I already have the wirefeed... I think I am getting closer to an SAS and exo-cage! So maybe that is for next Christmas...

WormGod
12/28/2006, 07:57 AM
Santa brought the vampire frog a brushguard from Tone's laboratory! FTW!

E-ZooZoo One
12/28/2006, 12:21 PM
Miss Kathy has instructed me to “do whatever you have to do to the VX” so she can drive it ~ Soooooooooo, I just got off the phone with Jerry Lemond, placing an order…

OEM Parts List:

(2) Front Wheel Bearings (inner)
(2) Front Wheel Bearings (outer)
(2) Front Wheel Seals
(1 set) Front Brake Pads
(1 set) Rear Brake Pads
(2) Upper Ball Joints
(2) Lower Ball Joints
(1) Idler Relay Lever
(2) Trans Cooler Lines + (1) Flex Line

In the next day or so, I’ll be visiting Advance Auto too…

Aftermarket Parts List:

(1 set) Front Brake Rotors
(1 set) Rear Brake Rotors

Luckily, I already have quite a collection of Isuzu parts, out of which I’ll grab this…

Used Parts List:

(1) Steering Box (the one on the VX right now is quickly rusting into nothing)

But even then I won’t be completely done…

Soon to be sourced:

(1) Used Transmission
(1) Used T-Case -or- T-Case Cover w/ Speed Sensor Gear intact

Everything but those last two (and the trans cooler lines) will be installed in the next few weeks – I’m gonna hold my breath and hope that the transmission lasts until spring… or maybe summer ( ::fingers crossed:: )

etlsport
12/28/2006, 12:37 PM
im terrible at not buying things for my vx.. in addition to the air horn lights and bushings last week.. got an optima blue top arriving tomorrow via my fav. courier (girlfriend coming back from her parents house who have a costco membership) and new table saw arrived yesterday.. so more than likely ill be building a bigger better box for my subs.. no more cutting 3/4" mdf with a battery powered 4-1/2" handheld!!

jeesh zoozoo... what do you do to that vx of yours??

E-ZooZoo One
12/29/2006, 11:13 AM
jeesh zoozoo... what do you do to that vx of yours??
Not me! - the previous owner; hence the extraordinary ‘deal’ that we got on it.

I knew when we got it that I’d have to address a number of things before it was ship-shape again… I just didn’t know (until a couple of days ago) that I’d be doing the majority of it in one-go! :smilewink

PHO2GR4
12/29/2006, 01:57 PM
I knew when we got it that I’d have to address a number of things before it was ship-shape again… I just didn’t know (until a couple of days ago) that I’d be doing the majority of it in one-go! :smilewink

I HEAR THAT!

I'll think twice before ever buying a car off of eBay...or a car from Florida...again. Sure, I got a great price, but it's costing me now just to have it brought up to par!

Still, it's kind of a fun project, isn't it?

Chopper
12/29/2006, 04:31 PM
Hey...hey ... hey.. it's not Fla. that made the car shakey. This sandbar will eat a car. We are essentialy a couple hundred miles out to sea here, and any neglect will lead to rust-quickly. I've seen Arizona... and this is no Arizona, but if it ain't rust, we didn't cause it. We've a garage full of outstanding cars...they're all Florida cars. Do not paint us all with the same brush.