PDA

View Full Version : Rear Defroster Button

garfull
12/22/2006, 07:55 PM
So I go through the hole process of relocating the mirror defrost buttom from the center console to the dash. I put the rear defroster and mirror defroster buttons next to eachother. Without realizing this I swapped and pluged the wrongs ones into eachother. So when I went to test neither worked. I immediately realized my mistake and swapped the two switches back.

Now the mirror defroster lights up so I assume it works. But the rear does not light up. I actually never used it since I bought the vx so I dont know if it ever worked. I also checked and made sure the fuse was good. I also checked the plug to see if power was going to it and yes there is.

So long story short, I guess the buttom is bad or I messed it up in the process. Does anyone know of a replacement buttom that I can get from another Isuzu?

uncle_asa
12/23/2006, 05:19 AM
So long story short, I guess the buttom is bad or I messed it up in the process. Does anyone know of a replacement buttom that I can get from another Isuzu?
I believe that the light bulb could be replaceable. Ask nearest Checkers/AutoZone/Pepboys/NAPA if they can help you or have and idea.
Very similar console was used on Rodeo 96-97 if you want to try to find something on the junk yard.

Raque Thomas
12/23/2006, 05:52 AM
garfull,

I have an extra rear defrost switch. PM me your address & I'll send it to you next week.

garfull
12/24/2006, 01:40 AM
raque

pm sent. many thanks!!!!

garfull
01/09/2007, 11:34 AM
hmmmm

is the headlight wiring somehow tied to the rear defroster. i tried the switch that i got from rt. it didnt work but this morning my headight fuses where blown. this happened last time too.

i find this very coincidental. i need to go and get a pack of 10a fuses to try this again.

i think ill just have to deal with not having a rear defroster. i barely use that window when driving, only when parking.

etlsport
01/09/2007, 12:34 PM
it wouldnt surprise me if the defroster was tied into the headlights somehow.. i recently discovered that the OBDII port was connected to the horn fuse which baffled me..

.. have you looked at the defroster itself to see if maybe its been scrached (maybe the vx was tinted before you bought it and someone removed it poorly to pass inspection?) there are also many wiring diagrams for the vx floating around the site, maybe you could look it up and see where you might have a possible short, maybe around the headlight area, i remember seeing that quite a few people had issues with a short in a wire harness behind the left headlight

kpaske
01/09/2007, 03:14 PM
Send me a PM if you need a copy of the electrical troubleshooting guide. I've got it printed as well as scanned.