PDA

View Full Version : Nice Sunday Afternoon

Chopper
12/17/2006, 04:30 PM
I spent a very relaxing couple of hours in the garage today. My wife drives a 5 year old F150,(every day for 5 years) Lately she has been making new car noises, so I figured maybe sharpening up her ride would be a nice thing to do. Taking advantage of the seasonal sales, and free shipping, I hit autoanything.com-sport truck direct, and stylinconcepts. Got a K&N polished intake, JBA headers, Magnaflow cat back dual exits, Hellwig sway bars, and a Precision, stainless 60 series mesh grill. All the stuff came to the shop so she never really saw any of it. After lunch, I made an excuse and drove to the shop. On the lift, the exhaust and sway bars went on in a snap. The intake was so nicely designed it also went in very easily. The grill required removing the headlights and front facia (no big thing) then cutting the honey comb plastic grill from the surround. The chromed mesh and surround snap over the old one and are fastened with supplied hardware. By this time, it was getting late and I had done in 8 or 9 Flying Dog IPAs. The headers are a four hour job-at least- even with air tools, and I just didn't feel like doing the brake lite LED bar, so I closed up and went test drivin'. A little more snap and mid range maybe, but great sound. There when your foot is in it, yet sedate at idle or cruise. The real story is the sways. Better turn in, easier to break the back loose, and hang it out. The Chrome mesh inserts look absolutly factory, get rid of the big blue oval, and really make the grille and bumper stand up. Once home, I tried to ,slyly, get her to go out, but she wasn't biting. Guess I'll hhave to wait till after work to see her reaction. ie. " Hey baby, I think something is really wrong with the truck... it has gotten really loud, and it spun out as I was making my turn into work!! The steering feels really funny too! Please check it out... I'm taking the Altima till you figure it out." sigh,shrug, and look at my feet. Wayne Does anyone know where I can get a quick ratio steering rack for this truck? Thanx

ZEUS
12/17/2006, 04:53 PM
"My wife drives a 5 year old F150,(every day for 5 years) Lately she has been making new car noises, so I figured maybe sharpening up her ride would be a nice thing to do." Does that mean the Ford has been making new noises? Or does it mean your wife wants a new car and your "nice thing to do" was so she would shut up about it? Or is it to get her excited about you putting mods on your VX? :p

Chopper
12/18/2006, 03:30 PM
She's the one making noises... 30grand noises. Ugly,stupid choice, "what do you think of an Edge?" girl type noises. "Wow! I like that Tribecca" noises. "What's that?" "That's the new FJ...a Toyota" "Oooo, I like that" kind of noises. I've no problem with another vehicle, I've 6 myself, it's just that her choices SUCK! The idea was that she would drive her upgraded vehicle and fall in love all over again. In my head, she would come home and say something like..."Wow, I forgot how much I love this truck! Thank you so much." and I'd save 28grand.Well... didn't quite go that way. When I asked her how she liked her new stuff, she shruged and said OK. When pressed, she admitted it makes too much noise. "You can have it now, I really want something else". Man! 32000 for a parts runner....oh well. Love ain't cheap.