PDA

View Full Version : LED Horn Light

vxDAKINECHICvx
12/17/2006, 01:24 PM
Etlsport......
I saw a while back that you had changed yours to blue, so today I decided to try it. They are installed, but obviously not correctly, as they don't turn on. Can anyone help figure out why?..... :confused: :confused: :confused: :( :(

etlsport
12/17/2006, 02:19 PM
did you get LEDs? if you did try taking them out and putting them in the other way, with LEDs polarity makes a difference

Bimati
12/17/2006, 02:35 PM
Chic,

Just a word of caution:

I have been pulled over here in Colorado for Green LED horn lights and warned harshly that Green, Blue and Red are reserved for emergency vehicles in Colorado with a $500 fine.

Bim

pbkid
12/17/2006, 06:36 PM
hey ive been keeping my eye out for some of those, where did you get them at?

vxDAKINECHICvx
12/17/2006, 06:44 PM
Bim - thanks for the warning. I finally got them working today, but they aren't a 'bright' blue, so I'm thinking it may not be that bad. I guess we will see - I'll give them a few days and then change them back.

I got them at pep boys. They have the green, blue, and red that bimati was talking about.

etlsport
12/17/2006, 06:54 PM
i ordered mine from www.autolumination.com they are the 5 led matrix bulbs.. very bright... i had some green ones before that i got from advanced auto (also seen them at strauss auto) that were just colored glass.. they looked pretty good too, but when i got blue ones like that they were two different shades of blue because the glass wasnt colored right, so i went for the leds

Bimati
12/17/2006, 07:09 PM
When changing bulb colors, the round fog lights also use 194 bulbs....looks pretty sweet when you match the horns and the fogs. I tried yellow, green and blue before I ended up with everything Amber....My license is missing enough points that I need to play it safe for a few more months.

Bim

WILLY
12/18/2006, 01:29 AM
IS IT EASY TO CHANGE OUT THE LIGHTS ON THE HORNS?OR A PAIN IN THE HONK :eek:

Bimati
12/18/2006, 05:20 AM
Takes less than one minute to change. Open the hood and look at the headlight casing behind the horn light area. Twist, pull, change bulb, push, twist. Done.

Bim

Ldub
12/18/2006, 05:31 AM
Me thinks WILLY make a funny...HONK ! :p

WormGod
12/18/2006, 08:04 AM
www.autolumination.com

+1

I put the crystal white LEDs in all the way around the VX a bit ago and they are great. They have a very slight blueish tint through the clear lenses, but not enough to cause a 5.0 outrage. So, far, they are doing great.

vxDAKINECHICvx
12/18/2006, 12:52 PM
My problem with buying them online is Im not sure which ones exactly to purchase.... :confused: But they do look like a much better buy.

PHO2GR4
12/18/2006, 01:07 PM
My problem with buying them online is Im not sure which ones exactly to purchase.... :confused: But they do look like a much better buy.

+1

Any direct links to the 'best and brightest' lights?

Also...any brighter tail-light options? I don't want to be rear-ended on a dark and raniy night in my Ebony. And the flashing wing light option doesn't appeal to me. I just want BRIGHTER.

etlsport
12/18/2006, 01:16 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Reviews&file=viewreview&id=4

WormGod
12/19/2006, 07:50 AM
Also...any brighter tail-light options? I don't want to be rear-ended on a dark and raniy night in my Ebony. And the flashing wing light option doesn't appeal to me. I just want BRIGHTER.

I did a complete taillight LED conversion a few years ago and it is highly recommended. I didn't do the work but I was able to commission Mike at ClearCorners to attempt it. Great price since it was the prototype. He even tinted the lense from the inside so the appearance is a nice smoked tint. The lights are amazingly bright. The mod called for dismantling the assembly so I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. Moncha's writeup is a better alternative due to simplicity.

These are just the parking lights on.... the brakes are very intense and good looking, especially at night....

http://wormgod.8m.com/Images/Ebony/vx05.JPG

LittleBeast
12/19/2006, 08:57 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=9338&highlight=LED+brake+lights