PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Have you ever slept in your VX?

nfpgasmask
12/16/2006, 11:21 AM
OK, how many of you have ever slept in your VX? Just curious and thought it would make an interesting poll.

I've only slept in my VX once, upon my arrival to Reno. When I got here, the Street Vibrations weekend was in full force, and every, and I mean EVERY single hotel was booked. And I was so tired, I just parked and crashed, I couldn't even recline my seat because of all the crap I had in the truck.

:) Bart

ZEUS
12/16/2006, 12:02 PM
I had to spend the night in the back of my VX with my Doberman on the side of the road in Moab. My thoughtless roommate gave away our camp site before realizing I was going to stay an extra night. :rolleyes: ALL the camping sites were full and I didn't want to mooch of anybody involved in the ZuZoo. Finally got to sleep around 3:00 a.m. Green Dragon has a nice sleep quarters in his VX - check out his gallery!

Triathlete
12/16/2006, 01:16 PM
Just recline the rear seats, fold the front seat forward and trow the sleeping bag in and your set! :zzzy: :zzzo: :zzzr:

biju
12/16/2006, 02:14 PM
Slept in the Proton on my way back from Modesto after purchasing her. Right on the cali/nev border.

-biju.

TEN36VX
12/16/2006, 02:22 PM
Several times. I found if you remove the headrests on the rear seats they lay flat. Put the feet up on the arm rest, good to go.

Its no Serta, but not uncomfortable either.

Bimati
12/16/2006, 02:42 PM
Yessir.

I drive across the Rocky Mountains (270 miles each way) every week to see my daughter, and after an 18 hour day, at 11,000 feet with little oxygen at midnight...the VX looks like the Four Seasons. :zzzy: :zzzy: :zzzy:

Bim

transio
12/17/2006, 07:58 AM
A Few Times After Sobe Parying

Chopper
12/18/2006, 03:45 PM
In a way. Passed out would be closer to the truth. Jack brought some Chicken Water he'd just made... a really fine batch... to the shop one afternoon. I don't remember locking up (but I did)... don't remember the 1mi. drive home... do remember an angry wife awakening me in my garage, in a running, in gear(foot on the brake), VX. I stay away from shine these days.

Grimm
12/20/2006, 08:13 AM
I spent a couple nights in the back of mine on the way home (california) from florida (where I purchased the VX ). I can't say I was very comfortable, but it was better than paying for a hotel room just to catch a few winks before getting back on the road!

darkl4805
12/20/2006, 11:05 AM
Depends on your definition of sleep... I've slept with my wife in the car but I've never actually fallen asleep in the car...

nfpgasmask
12/20/2006, 01:29 PM
LOL, I was waiting for someone to say that...must have been difficult on the Recaros...unlike my old Chevy Malibu's faux leather bench seats. :_drool:

I have yet this in the VX myself... :eek:

Bart

Depends on your definition of sleep... I've slept with my wife in the car but I've never actually fallen asleep in the car...

etlsport
12/20/2006, 01:36 PM
yea i wasnt gonna be the first.. its MUCH easier to fold the back seats flat (after removing headrests) for that!

Corrosive
12/21/2006, 12:49 AM
I sleep in mine all the time on campus. I have a 3 hr break and sometimes I will bring a chick back to my car to watch a movie and use the flat back-seats. Ok, ok, so that was only once, but plan to do it again in the near future.
-Mike

darkl4805
12/21/2006, 07:53 AM
The front seats were to restricting and my backseat was removed so we 'slept' on the floor.

Dare2Dream
12/26/2006, 10:54 PM
All the time for shorter time, but once for the night around St. George, NV right next to a graveyard :) Wasn't that great but who wants to pay for a motel for a few hours

VCAMILO
01/02/2007, 06:21 AM
A few times... Once during my lunch hour. The GF was the one that wanted help folding the back seats. :rolleyes:

VXRoadster
01/02/2007, 04:58 PM
Slept in mine after arriving at a military destination too late to check in...was not a bad nights sleep! Also slept in my VX after our campsite became a small lake during a family outing. Nice and dry...did not notice if it was uncomfortable.

PHO2GR4
02/25/2010, 03:42 PM
I've removed my back seat. For my last trip to Moab (with the two dogs) I cut a memory-foam mattress pad to fit the back compartment. Comfy AND sound-deadening!

I'm a hair under 6' tall, so it wasn't a perfect fit, but as has been said: better than paying for a hotel for a few hours.

dietz99vcross
02/25/2010, 05:56 PM
When I head north to the upper peninsula of Michigan I usually just sleep in the passenger seat with iot reclined all the way back (rear seat is removed) without the steering wheel in the way it works fine and I can leave the window cracked for a little of that clean fresh air.

So-CalVX
03/04/2010, 07:44 AM
With two full time jobs I take short naps in my bee during lunch breaks and between my night and day job.. I actually have time between my day and night job for a shower and two hours in my bed.... And I have to throw in on the "sleeping" with my ex once and a friend a few times with the back seat down... It's not bad but I wouldn't mind my old Astro or the 4runner for activities like that
also... As has been stated, I went camping and the back seat flat with my legs on the arm rest... Perfect

Luna X
07/17/2010, 01:54 PM
Sleep in the VX?.... being 6'-3" plus having a back full of hardware, I have enough trouble just getting in and out of it.... ;)

VX crazy
07/17/2010, 03:53 PM
I have kinda slept in mine.......its better than sleeping on the ground

Gussie2000
07/17/2010, 04:08 PM
I did sleep in my horse the very 1rst day of new year 'till 8:00 in the morning after roaming all NYC hitting any club/bar i found on my way.

My girlfriend was very kind to drop my favorite teddy bear ( TAZ ) inside with me & took few pics :p

brainwashed
07/17/2010, 08:10 PM
i've spent a few drunken nights in my vx. it was better than driving drunk and probably destroying it and myself.

tomdietrying
07/18/2010, 09:55 AM
Driving back from Moab, I have.
Peace.
Tom

HOT_WASABI_JUNKIE
07/18/2010, 03:51 PM
I got a BJ in it on the way to a concert... That's about as close as I've come to sleeping in it.

djvx
07/19/2010, 10:36 PM
Great Thread Bart, Got alot of responses from members not usually heard from! I have a T-shirt from the "Street Vibrations" party in Reno that you mentioned in your post, although I wasn't ever there. As far as sleeping in the VX I have not, but I have slept in a Volkswagon GTi a few times.And since someone stole my camper this spring I might try to sleep in the VX if I go upstate/upnorth for a weekend, might be better than a tent anyway.

Bob Barker
07/29/2010, 03:54 PM
Driving back from Moab, I have.
Peace.
Tom

at the same time:confused:

djvx
09/07/2011, 10:25 PM
anyone got pics of setting the back up to sleep in. Being a short guy I can lay down back there but I'd like to see if someone camped in a vx and has pics

H3_VX
09/08/2011, 09:38 AM
well, i've only owned mine for about 5 or 6 weeks, so the answer is no. I really can't think of a reason, espeially in my area to have to sleep in my cars. The seats are rather comfy, but i'd be worried about all the tossing and turning in them. :winkb:

Scott Harness
09/08/2011, 11:41 AM
I have a few times on the road to Moab:supercool

Jay-Fazed
09/08/2011, 06:18 PM
Im in the Army so a few of you here will understand...... If i don't show up to PT( Physical Fitness) at least 1hr early i wont make it there because of the traffic at the entrance gate to the base. So for about a year I showed up about 1.5 hrs before PT that way i get a good parking spot and I don't have to fight traffic to get on base. Sad part was that i lived 2 miles from the base lol. Anyway i wake up get dressed and drive about 5 mins and park. set my alarm and go right back to sleep :) The back is very roomy and i always kept a pillow and a blanket back there.

MSHardeman
09/09/2011, 08:50 AM
Surprised that no body has put up a link to Grandpa Bob's (Green Dragon) set up:
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1953/ppuser/36/sl/g
Couldn't get the picture posted to the thread, but the link above will get you to his gallery.
Still wish that I had had a chance to meet that guy. Wonder if he still has his VX?

Norrin Radd
03/22/2014, 08:30 PM
I get 1hr. lunch sleep in it every day! ;-) recline the back seat alil open the window ...OUT!!

Frankenstein
03/24/2014, 04:25 AM
It's on my bucket list! :yeso: