PDA

View Full Version : Variable Torque on demand

Swordy
06/23/2002, 12:20 AM
What would you think about this???
I Take the signal from the rear wheel speed sensor, run the signal to a black box where it is measured and split. A duplicate signal is then generated that is a as a user controlled, variable percentage of the original signal. The signal is then passed to the front wheel sensor input of the TOD reciever.
There ya go,,, variable torque split!
I'm thinkin this is definitely doable. I've heard people talking about wanting a variable torque split, but I'm not sure how benificial it would really be.
Anyway,, it was food for thought.
Andy

Tone
06/23/2002, 07:22 AM
Isn’t that what TOD already does, albeit without direct user control/input. I think full time 4WD Hi is what some have asked for and sending 12V to the TOD clutch did not seem to work for me. Keep up the good thoughts thought!

Swordy
06/23/2002, 03:14 PM
Yes that is sort of what it does. To make it simple, in 4-hi you would be able to keep as many TOD bars lit as you want. From 2 wheel to full time 4-hi. Perhaps I should just think about a full time 4-hi unit, that would probably be much less work, and its probably the only mode I would use it in anyway.
Andy

phines
06/23/2002, 04:49 PM
I like that idea...
________
SUZUKI GV1400 CAVALCADE SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.suzuki-tech.com/wiki/Suzuki_GV1400_Cavalcade)

Daver
06/23/2002, 08:50 PM
Here's the thread on VMag about doing just this, but from a different angle that might also be worth persuing.

http://club.vmag.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000526.html

Swordy
06/24/2002, 03:25 AM
I hunted through that reply, but didn't really see anything that would help. Thats ok though I think I should be able to nail this one down without too much difficulty. (except for finding the time to actually work on it)

Teckhardt
06/24/2002, 06:09 PM
Please let me know when you figure it out. I would love to have 50/50 split in high.

Hotsauce
06/24/2002, 07:16 PM
OK, someone explain the advantage of this over the stock setup.

John C.