PDA

View Full Version : OME 913 springs

uncle_asa
12/12/2006, 08:06 AM
Am I understand correctly that OME 913 will give around 1" lift to the rear? My stock springs shrunk with the time, so I'm thinking to replace them with something (either OME or new stock springs) that will allow to fit TRXUS MT 265/75R16 or so in the future. I think this will give me enough clearance while not loose the driving comfort. I don't wish to end up with the spacers and don't wish extra lift, but I wish to let max suspension movement with that tires without tearing of fenders. Will 1" enough?
Another question: Are OME 913 variable rate coils like the stock ones?

Ldub
12/12/2006, 08:58 AM
Am I understand correctly that OME 913 will give around 1" lift to the rear? My stock springs shrunk with the time, so I'm thinking to replace them with something (either OME or new stock springs) that will allow to fit TRXUS MT 265/75R16 or so in the future. I think this will give me enough clearance while not loose the driving comfort. I don't wish to end up with the spacers and don't wish extra lift, but I wish to let max suspension movement with that tires without tearing of fenders. Will 1" enough?
Another question: Are OME 913 variable rate coils like the stock ones?

OME 912's give lift of about 2" or a little more & are single rate.
They are about the same length as stock springs(with no load), just made of heavier ga. material.
I know you don't want spacers, but that would seem the most economical solution. Also, cutting the rear bump stops in half vertically improves the ride a little.
265/75x16" tires are approx. 31.6" in diameter compared to 29.5" for stock & should fit with a little trimming of the front cladding...if you're mounting them on stock rims.

uncle_asa
12/12/2006, 09:18 AM
OME 912's give lift of about 2" or a little more & are single rate.
They are about the same length as stock springs(with no load), just made of heavier ga. material.
I know you don't want spacers, but that would seem the most economical solution. Also, cutting the rear bump stops in half vertically improves the ride a little.
I'm going to replace springs anyway, so spacers are not the option. The options are: VX stock, OME 913, Trooper stock and OME 912. Cutting rear bump stops also will not improve clearance :) Just wondering what would be the best for my case (31.7" wheels in full diagonal crosses).
I believe for the 265/75R16 the rims should be with ET20 (the formula I used is 38-(265-245)/2-((265*0.75-245*0.70)/2)*sin(pi/4)~=18, round to 20 :))

Ldub
12/12/2006, 09:23 AM
Sorry dude...ya lost me there...I was a complete failure at algebra & just use one of many tire calculators available. :_confused
Also, I've not seen OME 913's before, so I'm "in the dark" there too. :rolleyes:

psychos2
12/12/2006, 10:15 AM
those tires are 31.9" . shawn

uncle_asa
12/12/2006, 10:35 AM
those tires are 31.9" . shawn
Anyway, the main question: will they fit freely with OME 913 or stock springs or not? :)

ZEUS
12/12/2006, 11:00 AM
Well if the 913's do give 1" of lift then I would say, yes, those tires should fit. Don't trim your rear bump stops though or you might stuff those tires into your cladding here and there. Give Rocky Road Outiftters a call or email them as they carry OME springs and probably have specs on all of them. Have you considered air bags for the stock rear springs? They might just be perfect for doing what you need. Maybe research that option as well.

Triathlete
12/12/2006, 12:12 PM
The tires will fit with no lift...just turn the t-bars a bit eliminating the rake of the vehicle and a very minimal amount of front cladding trimming should do. With the 913 (if they give 1 inch of lift) and a small amount of lift by turning the t-bar bolts you will be fine.
I ran the same size tire (BFG AT's) with the first option for about 6 mounths before lifting.

uncle_asa
12/12/2006, 12:56 PM
Well if the 913's do give 1" of lift then I would say, yes, those tires should fit. Don't trim your rear bump stops though or you might stuff those tires into your cladding here and there. Give Rocky Road Outiftters a call or email them as they carry OME springs and probably have specs on all of them. Have you considered air bags for the stock rear springs? They might just be perfect for doing what you need. Maybe research that option as well.
Thanks for the tip, wrote mail to them, let's see if they respond.
The bags will cost like the new spring, so what's the reason to install bags? :)

uncle_asa
12/12/2006, 01:09 PM
The tires will fit with no lift...just turn the t-bars a bit eliminating the rake of the vehicle and a very minimal amount of front cladding trimming should do. With the 913 (if they give 1 inch of lift) and a small amount of lift by turning the t-bar bolts you will be fine.
I ran the same size tire (BFG AT's) with the first option for about 6 mounths before lifting.
The torsion lift is easy and can be adjusted even I miss from the first try, but I don't wish to miss with the springs height and install spacers. And I don't think I wish to go as big as you: if I ever go to the challenge I don't wish to contest with TLC on 36" with winch only because of I have tires bigger than 32" :)

How it was without lifting? Does they stuff into the claddings on big rocks?