PDA

View Full Version : how to repair leather

etlsport
12/09/2006, 05:08 PM
getting my christmas tree yesterday the guy there ignored my request to load my tree on my own into the VX.. as i suspected he didnt much care how it fit as long as it fit..and was too busy to let me put blankets down.. so now ive got a tear in my center console armrest.. :mad: boy is he lucky im in the @$#@ing christmas spirit! (j/k.. but i was uuuuuuuupset)

so ive seen various kits that are supposed to fix tears in leather/vinyl, anyone have experience with them and know if they work or not?

Ruflyf
12/09/2006, 05:27 PM
i think there was a armrest on ebay yesterday, may still be available

Ldub
12/09/2006, 05:27 PM
Just a thought on this...
Take it off, (two screws ?) & have it re upholstered.

I've seen the commercials, & have my doubts concerning color/ grain matching.

k4tmc
12/09/2006, 06:53 PM
Are the arm rests still available through dealers? I need to replace mine also due the the previous owner's misuse.

Did any other Isuzu models use the same arm rest?

Triathlete
12/09/2006, 07:01 PM
Red crushed velvet diamond tuck....yea boyeee!

etlsport
12/09/2006, 08:22 PM
hmm getting it redone is a good idea..

nice suggestion triathlete.. but i went for the gray/black interior lol

i just saw the one on ebay.. looks pretty rough

psychos2
12/09/2006, 09:43 PM
I think it is vinyl not leather. The way mine is cracking I would say vinyl . shawn

Ruflyf
12/10/2006, 05:57 AM
ya i saw where it looks "rough" also, but he says in a reply on the page that its brand new, it is just dusty in the picture. I could see where if he was saying "good shape," thats an opinion, but after all new is "new." With a perfect feedback rating I would tend to believe him personally.

PHO2GR4
12/10/2006, 12:13 PM
:mad: boy is he lucky im in the @$#@ing christmas spirit! (j/k.. but i was uuuuuuuupset)

IS there such a thing as "@$#@ing christmas spirit" ?

That gave me a laugh...as did the later "Yea boyeee!"

You guys crack me up...

VXNIT
12/23/2006, 03:24 PM
OEM is vinyl..I removed and went to upholstery shop hasd marine grade black testures put on sinve my elbow is on it constantly and it is holding uo much bertter. The OEM one I had I religiously conditioned t no evail..Good Luck...

Chopper
12/23/2006, 06:22 PM
I say go for the marine grade black testures put on sinve. Thay ir a guud look. :p

Chopper
12/31/2006, 11:20 AM
OK,this one bugged me so I did a bit of research. It seems the Black Testure is enjoying a relativly stable population on most of its historic range and due to farming, there is little pressure on the animal, due to the hide trade. The Brown Testure, however, is not in good shape, due to the pressures of humans on their coastal ranges in South Africa. The Sinve Boar is an entirely different matter alltogether. Native to Sumatra,Borneo and a few neighboring islands, their population has never been large. Recent fashion trends, and human encroachment on their environment, have pushed the Sinve( or Senve) to the very brink. (Save the Sivne.org) In November, celeb, Paris Hilton, turned a full length, Silver Sinve coat over to P.E.T.A. officials. Rumored to be worth$ 80,000, P.E.T.A. has yet to announce what their plans are, for this garment... one can only assume they will splash red paint on it, and send it on a Mall tour, accompanied by pix of baby Sinve and such. Trust me; even if you could find (and afford) Sinve, and if P.E.T.A. doesn't follow the package to your house- and procede to burn straw Tigers, and effigies of your entire immediate family ,on your lawn... you'll find the cost of Sinve, to be ridiculous. More in keeping with a Ferrari, or Bon Jovi's pants, than a VX console. Try Warthog, or Andulusian boar instead. Trust me... if you don't tell 'em, they won't know the difference, Happy New Year... Wayne