PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations WormGod !!!!

psychos2
12/09/2006, 08:04 AM
"Oblivion" big winner at Spike TV video game awards

"The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion," a fantasy role-playing game, was the top winner at the Spike TV Video Game Awards in Los Angeles on Friday, taking home five prizes, including "Game of the Year" and "Most Addictive."

"Gears of War," an alien shooting title, captured four honors, including "Studio of the Year" for developer Epic Games.

Nintendo Co. Ltd.'s new Wii video game console, which has wooed gamers with its intuitive one-handed motion sensing controller, took home the prize for "Breakthrough Technology."

The awards show will air on Viacom's Spike TV on December 13.

A partial list of winners follows:

Game of the Year: "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" (Take-Two Interactive Software Inc./Bethesda Softworks)

Studio of the Year: "Gears of War" developer Epic Games

Best Performance by a Human - Male: Patrick Stewart in "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

Best Performance by a Human - Female: Vida Guerra in "Scarface: The World is Yours" (Vivendi/Radical Entertainment)

Most Addictive: "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

Critics' Choice: "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" (Nintendo)

Cyber Vixen of the Year: "Alyx Vance" in "Half-Life 2: Episode 1" (Valve)

Best Original Score: "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"
Reuters Pictures
Photo

Editors Choice: Best pictures
from the last 24 hours.
View Slideshow

Best Graphics: "Gears of War" (Microsoft Corp./Epic Games)

Breakthrough Technology: Nintendo Wii

shawn

PHO2GR4
12/09/2006, 09:42 AM
What's WormGod's connection?!?

etlsport
12/09/2006, 09:54 AM
wormgod is part of the company responsible for the game oblivion and one of the designers who worked on the game..
if you search the forums for 'oblivion' there are a few posts about it

btw.. well done.. ive got it.. and yep.. its real addicting.. ive got 48 hours logged to that game and would have more if i wasnt working OT every week now

PHO2GR4
12/09/2006, 05:58 PM
Well, then!

I just gave you some money last week, when I finally picked up an Xbox 360 w/ Oblivion!

MZ-N10
12/09/2006, 10:58 PM
havent been able to play oblivion on my crap computer, (9800aiw). but am plannin on it when i get my new setup (8800gtx).

i just beat gears of war on 360....great game btw.

kpaske
12/10/2006, 07:23 AM
Hey, Congrats Worm God!

WormGod
12/10/2006, 10:07 PM
Hmm, interesting, I didnt even know this until I read the thread, heh. I am unsure just what an honor from SpikeTV means, but hey, it's apparently gamers that vote so that's good enough for me. :)

Thanks guys.... :thanx:

Bimati
12/11/2006, 05:05 AM
Don't know a damn thing about video games, but it sounds like it takes mucho talent! Congrats, man!!!!

Bim

WormGod
12/14/2006, 07:59 AM
I found SpikeTV on Directv and watched the awards last night. Wow.... how embarrassing. Talk about some low budget, half-arse planning. :disturbed

It was interesting watching the crowd gasp in awe as Oblivion beat out Gears of War for "Game of the Year" though. I thought there was going to be a riot. :argue:

BlackVX
12/14/2006, 02:15 PM
Wow congrats!

Techy-D
12/15/2006, 09:39 AM
I'm a bit jealous, what a cool job! :)

I wrote a text adventure with graphics for my TRS-80 back around 1981. I even made things move, My teacher was impressed! It wouldn't impress anyone now. :work:

Games have come a loooooooooooong way!!!! :)