PDA

View Full Version : Maf sensor

JHarris1385
12/01/2006, 12:35 PM
Where is the Maf sensor? I think it is loose and is the reason for my check engine light? I wish I knew the names and locations of sensors just to make sure they are all connected correctly.....

Solitude
12/01/2006, 01:16 PM
its the metal square thingymadoodle between the airbox and the throttlebody

etlsport
12/01/2006, 01:19 PM
You should download the VX shop manual from Tone's website (under VX parts at the bottom) or shoot him an email.. it big time comes in handy, a little clumsy to browse.. but still very helpful

JHarris1385
12/01/2006, 01:22 PM
I think I emitt a lot more exhaust than other cars. Actually its true when I roll up to a drive thru it reminds me of the sceens from Uncle Buck when he picks up the kids from school. Is this a common thing for VX's or is it another reason why my I have been driving with a CE light for about 2 months now with poor mpg 13mpg current before CE light 18mpg...........I have tried premium gas and cranking the gas cap to about or almost 30 clicks (2 full rotations.) My codes read for the CE light is "random multiple cyclinder missfire" #po300////Thanks for any help

Solitude
12/01/2006, 01:29 PM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=231&cat=500&page=1

ok.. more technical... its near the airbox.... (funnel).. witht the black connector comming out it it

uncle_asa
12/01/2006, 09:59 PM
I think I emitt a lot more exhaust than other cars. Actually its true when I roll up to a drive thru it reminds me of the sceens from Uncle Buck when he picks up the kids from school. Is this a common thing for VX's or is it another reason why my I have been driving with a CE light for about 2 months now with poor mpg 13mpg current before CE light 18mpg...........I have tried premium gas and cranking the gas cap to about or almost 30 clicks (2 full rotations.) My codes read for the CE light is "random multiple cyclinder missfire" #po300////Thanks for any help
I believe in case of misfire first inexpensive thing to do is replacing spark plugs.

JHarris1385
12/14/2006, 02:00 PM
Just purchased my first order through St. Charles with Merlin....I bought the MAF $131. Went to PebBoys and got a full diag and my MAF does not work at all 0%. Thats the reason for my LOOOW gas, and little response and lots of exhaust. It looks pretty easy to install. Am I right?