PDA

View Full Version : Scary Story

Chopper
11/30/2006, 07:03 PM
Decided to take the VX to work today. I drive all of 1.3 miles to work so you can understand why I don't take it there often (yeah, the overspray got nuttin' to do with it) There's one light between me and the shop. If I get there 5 min late, I am number 10 in line at the light. Today I was number 25. Sitting there (about 10 feet behind the Sienna in front of me) listening to the radio, and staring in the mirror out the back window cause I'm stupid paraniod about this stupid car, when I notice a big ol' F250 type bearing down on me pretty quick. I lifted off the brake and hit it again to flash the lights. He hitthe binders HARD, goes into a sliding jacknife pushed by his lawn service trailer. Without thinking, I stomped on the loud pedal, and jumped into the oncomming lane, upsetting several commuters greatly. I'll never forget the face of the Hindi lady in the Toyota, as she looked out her side window at me, now beside her, where I had no place being , phone to her left ear, looking at me , like ''What the F%^#!!!!????" then... PLOW!!!!! The big Ford takes her OUT. The two cars in front of her are blasted. The trailer full of lawn mowers and crap,is all over the grass on the right, three cars dove into the grass on the left to miss the black Isuzu comming at them. Pretty much mahem and destruction all around... and here in the middle of the smoking destruction sits an untouched, glitteringly clean, Isuzu. Would"ve made a great ad, except three people left in cars with sirens and flashing lights. I played the lottery tonight. I also drank far to much tonight. Two lessons... always stop far enough back to give yourself room to bail out...... buy Tones' flashing brake option (probably would have saved everyone this grief) Lesson three... kiss your babies tonight... hug your wife... call that High school friend.... buy that Porche Cayman S you want for Christmas...O.K. I added that last one for me... anyway you get the idea. And, yes, I handed out Flagler Collision cards... hey, my name and info was on there...right?

ZEUS
11/30/2006, 07:39 PM
WOW! For a minute I thought you were going to throw in this part about how the whole thing was just a bad dream - I hate it when people do that.. :p

I'm glad to hear you and your VX came out unscathed!

nocturnalVX
12/01/2006, 12:07 AM
Glad you and your VX were saved. Great heads-up driving and great idea leaving room to get out of the way. The third brake light flasher works at letting people behind know I'm stopping, but people ALWAYS pull right up to the back of me at lights. They'll get pushed into me if they get hit... stupid! Gotta keep our eyes open!

nfpgasmask
12/01/2006, 08:54 AM
...that is scary. Glad your VX is....I mean you are ok :)

I always like to stop at least 1 full car length from the vehicle in front of me. I started doing this when I lived in the "not so nice" areas of Chicago. Gives you time to bail when the car-jacker comes outta nowhere :eek:

Bart

AlaskaVX
12/01/2006, 01:25 PM
Sitting there listening to the radio, and staring in the mirror out the back window cause I'm stupid paraniod about this stupid car, when I notice a big ol' F250 type bearing down on me pretty quick.

You can see out the back? :confused:

LOL J/K

very nice driving :cool:

Solitude
12/01/2006, 01:35 PM
glad you are ok.. and no one clipped ya in the oncoming lane... cause you would have gottne cited for that one no matter what the circumstances were.. good thinking and awesome decision making.. under attack :_snowplow