PDA

View Full Version : VX Cousin – Hyundai HCD10 Hellion

k4tmc
11/30/2006, 06:59 PM
While sitting on a plane today I noticed a fellow passenger reading an article from USA Today about Saturn’s hybrid. What really caught my eye was a picture of a neat new vehicle. After acquiring (politely) the subject page, I noted that the vehicle is a new Hyundai Hellion. See this web page for more info and pictures - http://www.globalautoindex.com/news.plt?no=1643#. You can almost substitute the word “Vehicross” wherever you see the word “Hellion”.

Pay especial attention to the headlights – there are some VX genes here! :cool:

ZEUS
11/30/2006, 07:47 PM
It looks like a VX mounted an RX-8 and this was born! The horns must be hereditary...

PHO2GR4
11/30/2006, 08:33 PM
I love looking at concept cars, but I'm frequently disappointed when either

a) the concept never becomes reality, or

b) the production model is compromised beyond all recognition.

That's why I love the VX so much. It's a real-world concept car. And even YEARS after it's debut, it still looks futuristic.

That Hyundai thingie looks pretty cool, though.

Ldub
12/01/2006, 07:25 AM
I'm sorry, but IMO, that thing is just gawdawful looking...

Looks like the unwanted offspring of a few different things & a p/t cruiser...

And yes, I can see some VX similarities around the grille/ headlight area...
but dayum, that is just fugly lookin'.

WormGod
12/01/2006, 07:25 AM
Looks like a fungus. Or something secreted inside of an alien hive. Regardless, the body lines are too much for consumers so it will stay as concept.

nfpgasmask
12/01/2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah, looks like a cross between the PT Cruiser and the Dodge Caliber...

The front is OK, and mean just OK. From there back it gets uglier and uglier. I would need to see it in black before I make a final judgement though.

What is with the vomit orange color of all these cars lately? ;puke:

Bart

Zorak
12/01/2006, 09:54 AM
Looks like a fungus. Or something secreted inside of an alien hive. Regardless, the body lines are too much for consumers so it will stay as concept.

It will?
Dang, I was really looking forward to being able to "hydrate" out of my seat:

"As an example, the bucket seats are equipped with a unique hydration system. A removable, refillable reservoir inside each seat replaces the common cupholder. The fluids are accessed by a pump-assisted flow tube that is attached to each seat allowing the individual to hydrate with ease. This hands-free hydration system allows the driver and passengers to focus on the road and scenery"

Sort of the vehicular equivalent of the beer helmet perhaps? :)

vxDAKINECHICvx
12/01/2006, 12:35 PM
Looks like its designed more towards the PT cruiser or that HHR...which in my opinion are extremely hideous. Plus its a hyundai. I will definitely stick with my VX.

Ldub
12/01/2006, 04:16 PM
Looks like its designed more towards the PT cruiser or that HHR...which in my opinion are extremely hideous. Plus its a hyundai. I will definitely stick with my VX.

Generic shot of generic hoonday, cowering in the presence of superior vehicular beastlyness... :rolleyes:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/DSC00712.JPG

Ruflyf
12/01/2006, 04:58 PM
I see way more PT cruiser than VX in it.

Chopper
12/02/2006, 05:21 AM
Yeah, the Cali design studio seems to run one of these oddball Korean flags up the flagpole every year or so. HCD9, from a year or so ago, was actually a fairly attractive vehicle. These guys are good,and getting better...FAST, freaky design studies aside. Koreans seem to like over the top,overwrought, design and styling (think eighteenth century France). Sooner than later, they are gonna hit one outta the park--but, this one ain't it. Wayne